TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID Headlights Conversion Kit

I'm starting to look around for my next mod and I thought the headlights would be the way to go because I just can't see well with the stock lights. I'm not sure what a good brand is though. I've looked around and no company seems to really stand out to me as the best. For those of you that have already completed the conversion, what brands do you have (or wish you would've gotten)? I'm first impression is to get a 6000K diamond white bulb, is this the best choice? I'm not really a fan of the blue tinted bulbs because they always blind me on the road and I don't want to blinds others. I'm just looking for an improvement over the stock bulbs. Any ideas/thoughts?

I bought a kit from DDM tuning back in march of '10. They still work great. Technically, it's simply a HID bulb swap, so the reflector isn't designed to work like an OEM HID swap would, but IMO visibility increased, and the cool look is DEFINITELY there for minimal $$$. I did the 6000K as well, doesn't look ricey.

• 4 months later...

I did the 6000K conversion today. The lights have a very white color, not ricey looking at all. I drove it tonight and noticed that anything reflective lights up MUCH better. No one flashed their high beams at me, so it must not be too blinding to the traffic I met on the road. The only problem I seem to be having is it looks like the high beams aren't working. I ordered bi-xenon lights with HID low and HID high beams. When I turn on the brights, the light stays the same, so I'm not sure if I just have something wired wrong.

Over all, I light the change in the lights

I did the 6000K conversion today. The lights have a very white color, not ricey looking at all. I drove it tonight and noticed that anything reflective lights up MUCH better. No one flashed their high beams at me, so it must not be too blinding to the traffic I met on the road. The only problem I seem to be having is it looks like the high beams aren't working. I ordered bi-xenon lights with HID low and HID high beams. When I turn on the brights, the light stays the same, so I'm not sure if I just have something wired wrong.

Over all, I light the change in the lights

Which kit did you use?

Archived