TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic Shifter

Any movement on this?

Not yet. We've submitted a LONG list of products to our development partners, I'll let you all know when we have a quality proposal come through.

Jer

• 6 months later...

Larry, was the install easy as this one is suppose to be plug & play?

Yes, it was pretty easy upgrade and looks right at home .... here is the write up I and my brother used for the install

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f669/tci-ratchet-shifter-install-476065/

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tci-ratchet-shifter-0509gt.html

Larry, great write up. If I am correct it appears that you can adjust the handle of even change it. If this is so, all Shelby really needs to do is develop a handle that fits on the TCI shifter, maybe a similar billet handle with the Shelby logo. Looks like this may be a way to go.

Jer, are you reading this?

Larry, great write up. If I am correct it appears that you can adjust the handle of even change it. If this is so, all Shelby really needs to do is develop a handle that fits on the TCI shifter, maybe a similar billet handle with the Shelby logo. Looks like this may be a way to go.

Jer, are you reading this?

Yes.

I love the idea. Just don't know if there are 250 customers for it (a common minimum from our manufacturers).

Jer

I love the idea. Just don't know if there are 250 customers for it (a common minimum from our manufacturers).

Jer

Yes, my thoughts exactly.

It's the ole "Supply and DEMAND" scenario...Not much demand for that item so the cost would have to be crazy high (to pay for the min. amount (i.e. supply) needed).

Phill

Jer

OK, maybe someone can make a poll about shifter. Jer, what would you need to know as I am not sure if you (Shelby) would consider using the TCI platform (plug & play) and consider a new Shelby Handle and/or a whole new Shifter?

I like the shifter handle. Where did you get that? The more I see the TCI, I am thinking I may do this mod and place another handle on it..

Great question .... what did you need to make it work (I.E. adapter/spacer?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking at the TCI. Cheapest I found is $499.00 Also found several copy cats but the quality is not there. Anyone know of it cheaper? Jer, before I pull the trigger, is SA considering an auto shifter or is this not economically feasible? If not the TCI with the Shelby Berg shift knob will be my next mod. Thanks.

Looking at the TCI. Cheapest I found is $499.00 Also found several copy cats but the quality is not there. Anyone know of it cheaper? Jer, before I pull the trigger, is SA considering an auto shifter or is this not economically feasible? If not the TCI with the Shelby Berg shift knob will be my next mod. Thanks.

Jer, any input?

We currently have not seen enough demand for a replacement shifter... but we MAY have something coming you'll all like. Sorry to tease, but that's all I can say right now.

Jer

Too be safe, should I hold off?

No. The enhancements we're working on will benefit everyone, regardless of shifter.

Jer

Sorry for the late reply, but yes, the 3/8 16 berg knob fits great! Here's mine:

Shifter_zps75283144.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Maybe the billet S snake (cartoon snake) Berg knob would fit? Just don't know the thread TCI uses.

I installed a TCI shifter in my car 2-3 years ago and love it! Last year I did install the Supersnake shifter knob onto it and it certainly looks and works great on it.......plus it looks super cool as well!

Archived