TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pulled over by Florida State Trooper this afternoon

1badsho

Need to set my frame of mind up for everyone cuz i was pissed and upset :

As most of you know, I work for a Ford store and had a customer that a salesman took literlally 12 hours to close over 3 days. Cash deal.

I was going over the paperwork and told the customer there was a $100 deductible on there extended warranty and customer went ballastic. Literally ballistic ... Have done the same presentation 1000 of times ... but they got real ulgy. ranting and raving .. all sorta of bad stuff. Everyone at the store knew they were a bit flaky but ... wow ... havent seen anything like this.

So I am real upset .. not for what I said .. I had said nothing wrong nor presented anything wrong ... but for not being able to calm the customer down and almost blowing a deal for the salesman who I know real well.

GOT TO BLOW SOME STEAM OFF ... so i get in my shelby .... go to the local 7/11 and get a pop.

I get out and head back to the store .. some one is going real slow to my right .. guy in front of me is going slow in front of me .. so i just goosed it ... a little ... and at about 618 crank hp .. doesnt take much to get up to 75 .. whiiiiiiiiccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh is what the state trooper clocked me at ( 45 zone )

I never saw him .. must have been behind me .. took him for ever to catch me ... I thought he was after someone else .. not so ..... and he pulls me over.

I have the windows down .. put both hands on the steering wheel ( wife whos a cop tells me to do this) and give him my registration .. which has Dept of Corrections on it.

He asks about Dept of Corr on the reg. and I explain that my wifey being in law enforcement for 25 years .... blah blah blah.

He goes back to his car .. comes back and says he is going to to give me a break .. will give me a ticket for failure to compy with a traffic device ... its 3 pts and a $100 fine vs the speeding ticket $400 and more points i think for that speed.

I am not arguing ... he says you can take the drivers ed course .... and remove the points .. And out of the blue .. i just happen to mention .. that

"ya .. my wife also teachs DUI level II courses .... in the evenings .. for side money .. and is one of the safety councils best instructors" ...

Now i said this not to get out of anything .. we were just talking for i thought i was already cooked ... but i saw his eyebrows raise .... and he goes "Oh really ?"

I see him thinking now .. and than he says .. u know don .. this is your lucky day .. i will let u off .... just be careful with this car .. i would die for it.

Generally ... Florida State Toopers arent too lienant ... this guy was cool .. doing his business .... and I got lucky .. even with my get out of jail card !

But .. and rightful so .. If he pulls me over again .. no second chances with him.

Hmmmm ... think I will have to find him and offer him if he would like to drive my car ..... and become buddy buddy with him !

A couple of buddies of mine are cop's in my area. One of them left me off on a warning but if i did it again he would throw the book at me. He must of meant the MM & FF book? j/k!!. Cop's are not bad, they just have a job to do. Good story 1bad.

As most of you know, I work for a Ford store and had a customer that a salesman took literlally 12 hours to close over 3 days. Cash deal.

I was going over the paperwork and told the customer there was a $100 deductible on there extended warranty and customer went ballastic. Literally ballistic ... Have done the same presentation 1000 of times ... but they got real ulgy. ranting and raving .. all sorta of bad stuff. Everyone at the store knew they were a bit flaky but ... wow ... havent seen anything like this.

So I am real upset .. not for what I said .. I had said nothing wrong nor presented anything wrong ... but for not being able to calm the customer down and almost blowing a deal for the salesman who I know real well.

GOT TO BLOW SOME STEAM OFF ... so i get in my shelby .... go to the local 7/11 and get a pop.

I get out and head back to the store .. some one is going real slow to my right .. guy in front of me is going slow in front of me .. so i just goosed it ... a little ... and at about 618 crank hp .. doesnt take much to get up to 75 .. whiiiiiiiiccccccccccchhhhhhhhhhhhhh is what the state trooper clocked me at ( 45 zone )

I never saw him .. must have been behind me .. took him for ever to catch me ... I thought he was after someone else .. not so ..... and he pulls me over.

I have the windows down .. put both hands on the steering wheel ( wife whos a cop tells me to do this) and give him my registration .. which has Dept of Corrections on it.

He asks about Dept of Corr on the reg. and I explain that my wifey being in law enforcement for 25 years .... blah blah blah.

He goes back to his car .. comes back and says he is going to to give me a break .. will give me a ticket for failure to compy with a traffic device ... its 3 pts and a $100 fine vs the speeding ticket $400 and more points i think for that speed.

I am not arguing ... he says you can take the drivers ed course .... and remove the points .. And out of the blue .. i just happen to mention .. that

"ya .. my wife also teachs DUI level II courses .... in the evenings .. for side money .. and is one of the safety councils best instructors" ...

Now i said this not to get out of anything .. we were just talking for i thought i was already cooked ... but i saw his eyebrows raise .... and he goes "Oh really ?"

I see him thinking now .. and than he says .. u know don .. this is your lucky day .. i will let u off .... just be careful with this car .. i would die for it.

Generally ... Florida State Toopers arent too lienant ... this guy was cool .. doing his business .... and I got lucky .. even with my get out of jail card !

But .. and rightful so .. If he pulls me over again .. no second chances with him.

Hmmmm ... think I will have to find him and offer him if he would like to drive my car ..... and become buddy buddy with him !

Interesting story, thanks for relating. BTW you owe wifey big time pal. Dinner and roses should about equal what the ticket would have cost you :) No points either!

Rich

you have to know that no matter what the situation, it's foolish to be driving 30 mile per hour over the limit (75 in a 45) . you really should have gotten a ticket. so consider yourself lucky and stay safe on the roads out there.

you have to know that no matter what the situation, it's foolish to be driving 30 mile per hour over the limit (75 in a 45) . you really should have gotten a ticket. so consider yourself lucky and stay safe on the roads out there.

Absolutly .... even 15 over isnt smart .... but as all can relate ... our cars get there so darn fast ! ... I was actually surprised i was clocked so fast for it was truly only a 6 second burst .. got around a car .. and slowed back down to 45 .. which is how i normally drive 99 % of the time.

No doubt i should have gotten the ticket. But i was respectful .. didnt argue .. told him i was wrong .. and laid the hints down about the wife .. I mean ....

I m not going to roll over and say .. ok give me all the tickets u have !

OK, normally I sit by the wayside and enjoy the comments. I am not a consistent poster but this hits too close to the heart. I was a cop for several years and have been an FBI Agent for 20 years now. You can't realize how it feels when you are walking up to a car that you have stopped when you can't see inside the vehicle. I was in several "bad" situations. My first question was always "do you know why I stopped you?" If they told me the truth, i.e. I was going too fast, I never wrote them a ticket. If they lied, I let them hold one. Sorry I am ranting here but I know three friends who lost their lives in a traffic stop. The best advice I can give you is to pass the attitude test! p.s. I could never have written a GT owner.

OK, normally I sit by the wayside and enjoy the comments. I am not a consistent poster but this hits too close to the heart. I was a cop for several years and have been an FBI Agent for 20 years now. You can't realize how it feels when you are walking up to a car that you have stopped when you can't see inside the vehicle. I was in several "bad" situations. My first question was always "do you know why I stopped you?" If they told me the truth, i.e. I was going too fast, I never wrote them a ticket. If they lied, I let them hold one. Sorry I am ranting here but I know three friends who lost their lives in a traffic stop. The best advice I can give you is to pass the attitude test! p.s. I could never have written a GT owner.

The respect angle is definitely the ONLY approach. It, however hasn't always worked for me. :finger:

Absolutly .... even 15 over isnt smart .... but as all can relate ... our cars get there so darn fast ! ... I was actually surprised i was clocked so fast for it was truly only a 6 second burst .. got around a car .. and slowed back down to 45 .. which is how i normally drive 99 % of the time.

Here in WA. that manuever is perfectly legal on two lane country highways

boss

here here .... respect and allowing the officer to feel safe .... job 1 with me. Any law enforecment officers will usually tell u to put both hands up high on the steering wheel ... so they can see your hands.. std law enforcement training ... my hands were firmly planted when he came up to the window. I only released them when he told me to.

Secondly, even though i obery the speed limit ... this time i didnt .. no excuse .... and ya .. i knew why he pulled me over ... and told him that too. NO BS .. because your right .. u try to be cute your done. I cant help the fact that my wife is a law enforcement officer and as std procedure .. all law enforcement officers and family members can have there auto registrations registered to there work for safety reasons.

Very good point boss ... truly sorry about your losses

Just keep pressing the pedal to the right and they'll have to call the choppers in to catch a glimpse of the beast. OOPS! Did I really write that? I meant to write, I'm glad the trooper forgave you and Can I have a copy of that registration? hehehehe

boss

here here .... respect and allowing the officer to feel safe .... job 1 with me. Any law enforecment officers will usually tell u to put both hands up high on the steering wheel ... so they can see your hands.. std law enforcement training ... my hands were firmly planted when he came up to the window. I only released them when he told me to.

Secondly, even though i obery the speed limit ... this time i didnt .. no excuse .... and ya .. i knew why he pulled me over ... and told him that too. NO BS .. because your right .. u try to be cute your done. I cant help the fact that my wife is a law enforcement officer and as std procedure .. all law enforcement officers and family members can have there auto registrations registered to there work for safety reasons.

Thanks, sorry for the rant, caught me on a bad night......

Plans for a Florida cruise still on?

boss

1badsho - since your wife is in law inforcement, do you have to keep both your hands visible above the covers in bed until she gives you the "go ahead"? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Thanks, sorry for the rant, caught me on a bad night......

Plans for a Florida cruise still on?

ABSOLUTELY

Have about 30 interested parties for the 19th of may .. will pm u with the details .... AND regarding your earlier post .. my gosh .. no offense even considered !

1badsho - since your wife is in law inforcement, do you have to keep both your hands visible above the covers in bed until she gives you the "go ahead"? :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Only till she unstraps her gun buckle ... than all bets are off :hysterical2:

Another good tip .... to earn respect from a law enforcement officer if pulled over at night time. All windows down and interior dome light turned on .. with both hands on the upper part of the steering wheel.

yeah, but if you are on a bike, you can fly through traffic in between the lanes - bypassing traffic jams

hmmm ... if your on a bike .... and u get pulled over .. dilemina ... I GOT IT :happy feet:

hands on the steering wheel ... get your emerg flash light out of the duffel bag .... and stick it in your mouth for the dome light ...

THis works two areas ... u got light showing ... and respect from the officer ... but u cant talk worth a dam .. and he might haul u off for DUI .. even if your sobber .. :hysterical2:

Only till she unstraps her gun buckle ... than all bets are off :hysterical2:

Let me guess. On those Hot, steamy, Florida nights she pulls a Bullhorn out from the night stand and then orders you to step out of the Bathroom with both hands and your weapon pointing in the air. She then orders you to walk backwards away from the Bathroom door and towards the Bed until she commands you to stop, turn around and kneel down. Then she orders you to lay face down.... well I'm sure that you've been there ALLOT, so I don't think that I need to ellaborate any further, right?

Shit, I thought bras were a hassle, but taking the body armor off of her must be a complete Bitch to do!

:hysterical2: :bandance:

Leather and mace, oh sorry, I meant lace. Sounds like a nice Woman to me!

When I had my mach I missed a stop sign coming off of 417 (they just put it up the week before) and fhp pulled me over. Did everything right (and I have nothing on my driving record) and he let me go with a warning. He came up to me and asked me to help him out. He couldn't figure out what my plate meant. He said he had spent five minutes in his car trying to figure it out. Plate was 32vmusl lol. Nice guy doing his job and he let me go to boot.

Roger

Cops REALLY appreciate you following proper protocol that the common person wouldnt be aware of.

Hands on the wheel .... windows down .. if at night dome light on .. and engine off.

This alone with a respectful attitude could alone get u out of a ticket

Cops REALLY appreciate you following proper protocol that the common person wouldnt be aware of.

Hands on the wheel .... windows down .. if at night dome light on .. and engine off.

This alone with a respectful attitude could alone get u out of a ticket

Sounds like the voice of experience. :ohsnap:

:redcard:

Low blow DAVE ... But partially correct. Its been a real long time since I have had a ticket of any sort in part because I obey the speed limits of this great nation of ours and ...

However, I have been known to get the need for some speed now and than .. and on rare occasions its been known that I have been pulled over but have been able to get out of the tickets due in part because i have a lovely wife who herself is in law enforcement.

Another great story from dond ... prob my best one:

I was working as a District Manager for AFLAC ... and my largest account was the Charlotte County Sheriffs Office. Basically .. all the deputys were my customers ... and I .. there agent.

I was late for an appointement ... ( this was 15 years ago ... trust me .. lots of maturity has since settled in upon thou ! )and i passed a car where no passing is allowed and when i did this dastardly deed ( driving my bad boy Super Charged SHO) who and behold who pulls up at the cross street that I am passing on the wrong side of the road .. in a no passing zone .. at a high rate of fuel consumption ... u got it .. mr deputy

Well i pass the car and just immediatly pull over. I didnt wait for him to catch me .. just pulled over.

Deputy gets out of his car .... and YES .... he is one of my clients .... he recognizes me ... throws his hands up .. and just tells me .. go don .. get out of here !

Sounds funny .... but it really wasnt ... I put him in a very awkward postion let alone other drivers in harms way.

Odd ... how we get older .. I would never ever dream of passing someone in a non passing zone .. half the things i did when i was yonger i no longer do.. guess with age u do get wisdom

Archived