TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to find what dealers have allotments

dave 316

The bad part of the allocation scheme is that most of the dealers will take your order without even having an allocation, hoping that they will win the allocation lottery and be awarded one after your order is summited. In the mean time your sitting at home for 3-6 months waiting for a car that may never be built because an allocation never existed. It seems that there is no policy within Ford that requires either the dealer or Ford to disclose the allocation status to their customers.

I thought once the dealer pays the $1000 SVT fee they automatically get an allocation.

From what I have read, the SVT charge of $2000 covers 2013MY & 2014MY and is suppose to guarantee 1 allotment per year. The problem is that there is no way to verify the dealer you are dealing with still has an allocation.

Talked to my dealer today during PDI. Told me they have three allocations. Mine was the first and is probably why I got it so quick. Two others were ordered same week. Don't know why Ford chose mine as first. Also told me that after conversations with Ford he doesn't expect the other two orders to be filled anytime soon; maybe by year's end. Tough news to those still waiting. The only good news and its big news, trust me, you will be thoroughly satified. Hang tough Ladies and Gents, Jeff

Archived