TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WTB 08/09 GT500KR RED

Here is a red KR that I found on Ebay. The Buy it now price is quite high and from the description and pics, it seems to have a special story. I'm intrigued by the Ford warning sticker shown on one of the pics. Anyone knowing more about this car's story and why it is so expensive?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2008-Ford-Mustang-Shelby-GT500KR-Coupe-2-Door-5-4L-/290759228976?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43b299be30#v4-37

Here is a red KR that I found on Ebay. The Buy it now price is quite high and from the description and pics, it seems to have a special story. I'm intrigued by the Ford warning sticker shown on one of the pics. Anyone knowing more about this car's story and why it is so expensive?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...3b299be30#v4-37

I sent a message asking why that one is so special, when they typically go for mid $50s now...and with fewer miles on 'em. Maybe that one was owned by Elvis.

It looks like this was a SAI owned vehicle and driven by CS , has prototype parts installed. Still rather expensive!!

Cleaning out my garage - The 2008 GT500 KR utilizes a 540-horsepower 5.4L supercharged V8, short-throw six-speed shifter, and unique suspension tuning. CSM Number 08KR0051 - Owned by Ford & SAI - Driven by CS in texas and NV - Documented & photographed and a very unique and valuable piece of SAI history / Car was never sold new to any Ford dealer / Sits on Michigan MSO/Title from FoMoCo to SAI - Every factory option - Prototype Ford & SAI parts all over this car - Sat in SAI factory museum until 6 mths ago "

I sent a message asking why that one is so special, when they typically go for mid $50s now...and with fewer miles on 'em. Maybe that one was owned by Elvis.

While not owned by Elvis, the auction description is accurate. The seller is one of our Cobra dealers that I'm sure can answer any questions on the cars history.

Steve

• 1 month later...

I sold a Red 10k mileage 08 KR last May that was absolutely perfect in all ways for $45. The car was in san Diego and went to Kansas. Where were you in May? :-) I think I bought your original 07 wheels a few years back. You will be glad to know they have been put to good use on the track.

Ok I am thinking about selling my 1600 mile 08 KR. But it depends on what the market really is for them right now.

Can I ask what dollar amount would it take for you to let it go?

• 1 month later...

I sold a Red 10k mileage 08 KR last May that was absolutely perfect in all ways for $45. The car was in san Diego and went to Kansas. Where were you in May? :-) I think I bought your original 07 wheels a few years back. You will be glad to know they have been put to good use on the track.

Your car was far from Perfect, had paint work, and I think you where the 3rd or 4th owner, and you also had mismatched tires on the car, Yes I tried to buy it for a driver, but you said 43K would not buy it, so I bought a 2K mile 09KR for 43K.

Too bad you don't know what you are talking about. You are dead wrong on many fronts. Some people seem to think they know more than they really do.

Just going by what you told me last year, you said you had paint work done to the car cause it had flaws that you did not like, I asked about the tires, and the pictures you sent me had none OEM tires on the rear, I will see if I still have the pictures. You bought the car out of CO, it was at a dealership, and was not that nice when I seen it then.

Here is your add for it last year, I think I was the 1st one to ask you about the car, once you told me you had paint work done, I wrote it off, it's amazing how people forget stuff!!, Maybe the new owner doesn't know you had paint work done!

http://www.teamshelb...8-gt500kr-sold/

Archived