TEAM SHELBY FORUM

cams on super snake

There was a viedo of a red 2012 super snake with cams done by the mod shop with cams on it. Does anybody know what kind of cams they where. Would like to get them on my 2009 3.6 super snake thanks.

If I remember correctly, that Super Snake was sent to Shelby Motorsports for the 900 horse upgrade after the Super Snake conversion at Shelby American.

R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are L&M custom cams. I have the same setup in my car and love them. Neither one of theses videos is of my car but my setup sounds the same

According to CJ at the Shelby mod shop, they are Shelby 'proprietary' cams which they won't give specs out on.

And you can only buy them installed, by the Shelby mod shop.

I think he or someone else said who grinds them for Shelby and I don't remember it being L&M. I'll look for the thread (it was in the Mod Shop section) and see if I can post a link.

EDIT: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/64721-new-900-hp-36l-kb/

QUOTE;

The cams are a Shelby Performance proprietary grind for the Gt-500. I believe they are ground by Crane.

Thanks,

CJ

Shelby American Motorsports

END QUOTE:

There is also the video of the red car in question.

Phill

According to CJ at the Shelby mod shop, they are Shelby 'proprietary' cams which they won't give specs out on.

And you can only buy them installed, by the Shelby mod shop.

I think he or someone else said who grinds them for Shelby and I don't remember it being L&M. I'll look for the thread (it was in the Mod Shop section) and see if I can post a link.

EDIT: http://www.teamshelb...-900-hp-36l-kb/

QUOTE;

The cams are a Shelby Performance proprietary grind for the Gt-500. I believe they are ground by Crane.

Thanks,

CJ

Shelby American Motorsports

END QUOTE:

There is also the video of the red car in question.

Phill

The cams in my car and the video's I posted are not from Shelby. They are custom grind cams from L&M Engines in Hatboro PA. Michael is one of the best in the business and has been around a long time. I'm not sure were the confusion is

\

I'm not sure were the confusion is

Apparently with CJ at (and/or?) Shelby Motorsports!

That's a direct quote from CJ that I posted.

Phill

Archived