TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby magazine

Captain Beyond

Thanks! I'll let everyone know if there's a difference between the hard copy and the magazine version...

The Amazon writeup for the hard cover edition states 160 pages. The magazine has 130 pages. Wonder if the hard copy version contains 30 more pages of substance.......or.........??

Very cool magazine! The articles and reprints are great, but the last 2-3 pages of "Quotes, Jokes and Anecdotes" is priceless! I tried to read the one from Leah Smith aloud to my wife and couldn't get through it without choking up. Bet no one had as much good to say when Enzo passed!

Very cool magazine! The articles and reprints are great, but the last 2-3 pages of "Quotes, Jokes and Anecdotes" is priceless! I tried to read the one from Leah Smith aloud to my wife and couldn't get through it without choking up. Bet no one had as much good to say when Enzo passed!

+1

I'm reading this one cover to cover and enjoying every word.

Hey guys, just an FYI. I found this today at the local grocery store.

carroll-shelby-tribute.gif

saw it yesterday and was gonna buy it until they wanted $13.99 plus tax for a Magazine. I looked through it and a lot was taken out of existing Shelby/Cobra books so if you are gonna charge that much for a magazine make it a book

saw it yesterday and was gonna buy it until they wanted $13.99 plus tax for a Magazine. I looked through it and a lot was taken out of existing Shelby/Cobra books so if you are gonna charge that much for a magazine make it a book

The hard cover copy might be the way for you to go...........under $20.

As I've been reading through mine, I noticed a photo that either I've never seen before, or one I've never paid much attention to if I had. On page 51 is a shot of Shelby with the new-at-the-time '68 Shelby Mustangs. The car on the left is obviously the '67 'vert with it's prototype '68 mods (hood pins, one piece front, unique hood extension lettering), but the cat on the right is something I've never seen. a GT350 fastback with the prototype lettered gas cap. the deck lid lettering similar to the front of the other cars. Kinda cool.

Finnaly found a copy at Wally World, two days after I bought one on E-Bay :doh:

In the words of Shebly, more is better, I bought it and will keep the second copy in my "trophy" case of Shelby memoralbelia.

• 1 month later...

USPS just delivered the hard copy of the Motor Trends "Shelby.....A Tribute to An American Original" happy%20feet.gif

The book sleeve is different than the magazine cover.....I think it's very cool.

I just received my hard copy as well from Amazon -- very nice, indeed!

Along with the different book sleeve / cover, the hard copy has approximately 30 extra pages and contains the following additional articles:

• His Own Snake

• Shelby GLHS

• GT-500

• Shelby's Legacy

• Parting Shot

Well worth the extra $6 :) (Also purchased the magazine version which has the "Pony Show" article not found in the hard copy).

I just received my hard copy as well from Amazon -- very nice, indeed!

Along with the different book sleeve / cover, the hard copy has approximately 30 extra pages and contains the following additional articles:

• His Own Snake

• Shelby GLHS

• GT-500

• Shelby's Legacy

• Parting Shot

Well worth the extra $6 :) (Also purchased the magazine version which has the "Pony Show" article not found in the hard copy).

Thanks WHTSNKE. I'm looking forward to reading this one cover to cover as well. happy%20feet.gif

Archived