TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NJ DEALERS

dave 316

Don't be disappointed if you start having trouble finding a major dealer close to you or in a major service area with a car to sell. They are given an allocation, and most have already sold all they are allocated. You might try looking somewhere in (I'm serious), Nebraska or Wyoming or Montana or even eastern Colorado. They may still have allocations left, and most of the small dealers never heard of ADM.

Good luck!!!!

Downs Ford and Freehold Ford both were offering 13's at MSRP not sure if they still have them or not.

Freehold Ford has a 2013 vert. with a $10,000 admin. I saw it in person!

Bought a new Fivehundred back in 06 from Downs and when I asked for a cup of coffee the salesman said they didn't have any but that I could run across 4 + lanes of traffic to a fast food place - should have walked. Came back 2 days later to pick up the new car and it was raining hard - they wanted me to go out and take the tags off my trade in - that wasn't going to happen ! Also had to get a TV station on them to get the 100,000 mile warrenty that was being advertised on TV that they weren't going to give me. GREAT PEOPLE - never again !!! If you buy from them be happy with the car - not the dealership. Just my $.02 from a NJ Know It All :burnout:

Haldeman Hightstown has a deep impact blue with white stripe coupe. SVT performance pack and NAV pack. $62,425.

And they are also getting a red with white stripes very soon.

Tell them I sent you. Should work on the price. Maybe charge you more.... :hysterical2:

Bought a new Fivehundred back in 06 from Downs and when I asked for a cup of coffee the salesman said they didn't have any but that I could run across 4 + lanes of traffic to a fast food place - should have walked. Came back 2 days later to pick up the new car and it was raining hard - they wanted me to go out and take the tags off my trade in - that wasn't going to happen ! Also had to get a TV station on them to get the 100,000 mile warrenty that was being advertised on TV that they weren't going to give me. GREAT PEOPLE - never again !!! If you buy from them be happy with the car - not the dealership. Just my $.02 from a NJ Know It All :burnout:

Dayum you! You must have posted while I was typing! Yeah, I've heard mixed feelings on Downs too. But its that way with most stealerships. I guess it matters if you approach 'em standing on one leg and and jumping up and down. :rolleyes:

But what do I know. I'm just a Joisey smart azz!

Most car dealerships are out to bend you over and screw you as hard as they can whether they appear to be nice guys offering you coffee or not. Paying sticker for a new car is never, ever a good idea considering the ferrocious rates of depreciation that new cars experience. These cars go out the door in the 60s and 70s. The pool of willing and capable buyers for Mustangs with these prices is so small that it barely exists, Ford knows this hence the small number produced. Ford has no chance of selling 10 thousand of these cars in a single model year. Unfortunately there are many in the Ford enthusiast community who interpret this as "Limited Production" suggesting that there will be fewer cars than capable buyers. This will not be the case and never has been throughout the 500s 7 year run.

I was quoted MSRP from them for a coupe

bought my 2012 Gt500 from freehold ford in Oct. 2011 and paid below sticker, a few weeks ago I saw they had a white vert. with red strips so I saw my sales person to see if I could trade my 12 in on it, they had a $10,000 admin. stuck on it and I told him I might see him when he takes the admin. off

bought my 2012 Gt500 from freehold ford in Oct. 2011 and paid below sticker, a few weeks ago I saw they had a white vert. with red strips so I saw my sales person to see if I could trade my 12 in on it, they had a $10,000 admin. stuck on it and I told him I might see him when he takes the admin. off

Very odd I sat down with them and they quoted me sticker I guess it's who you talk to

I talked directly to the sales manager.(they even called me back a few days later to see if I was still interested)

This was for their first allocation (Could have ordered the car anyway I wanted it)

I was looking for better price then MSRP which I did find.

Updating the Haldeman Ford Shelby... They sold it Saturday. It had a $5k ADM sticker on it... The sales mgr told me they got $3k ADM. The buyer traded in 2 cars. 2010 GT500 and a 2011 Boss 302. They are very will to bargin on both those used cars.

The red one isn't due till Oct.

Updating the Haldeman Ford Shelby... They sold it Saturday. It had a $5k ADM sticker on it... The sales mgr told me they got $3k ADM. The buyer traded in 2 cars. 2010 GT500 and a 2011 Boss 302. They are very will to bargin on both those used cars.

The red one isn't due till Oct.

They probably didn't give him crap for either of those trades. Depreciation on this stuff is huge and absolutely crazy for those who elect to bend over and pay fool sticker price. 3K over for the '13, yeah sure, because the salesman said so. Some of you guys really need to wake up.

Archived