TEAM SHELBY FORUM

624 hp option.... owners.. was it worth it??

i hope you guys can help on this, i sent my depoist in on a 2013 gt 350 N/A, now i am thinking about going all out for the 624 hp black super charger... are you owners happy with the power , and relibility of the S/C that is used? what is the diff between the 525 vs the 624 ? is it just the tune? i am not sure... thanks in advance

I have the polished 525 HP. The performance numbers are almost identical, but I would say go big. The superchargers are the same, but as someone mentioned the pulley and tune are different. You don't have to put your foot in it if you don't want to, but it's there if you want it and bragging rights are kinda cool, too. I would advise you to consider the polished. I do have the polished and it's awesome, especially if you have the cooling upgrade. Get the 624 Polished! The warrantee is only a year on the 525 and if it's not a daily driver (few are) then you aren't going to have a problem with a year's worth of weekend driving anyway. DO IT!!!!!!

edited due to cold frosty intake and the inability to spell and use correct verb tense in this condition...

What mods did you do to get it to 552 rwhp? Ate installing the JLT CAI?

Shaun at AED in Cameron Park CA tweeked the FRPP 624 tune for drive-ability.

FRPP defeats the variable can timing of the Coyote engine in their supercharger tunes, Shaun added in some exhaust valve angle changes and other voodoo tricks and the it jumped from the 518 RWHP baseline to 552 RWHP. The car runs smoother and it actually added a little lope to the idle.

I am installing the CAI at AED on Thursday. Shaun's goal is a safe 600 RWHP!

I will post the dyno sheet when we finish.

624 HP is the way to go, but with all that extra power I put in the Watts Link for stability and six piston rear brakes to help slow things down in a hurry. For fun and performance, I recommend all three options. You will not be sorry.

I have the black S/C, but the polished is nice too, but you will want to keep it shiny because wherever you go, everyone wants to have you pop up the hood for a peak and awe.

B)

Also...and I know the option cost is stacking up but...after seeing a new GT350 with the standard mustang leather I am really glad that I chose the interior upgrade. To me its like finishing off a custom tailored designer suit with cheap leather shoes.

Some don't like the red white and blue inserts but I think it differentiates it from standard mustang. I know it sounds crazy to pay for leather twice but I think it is worth every penny.

Also...and I know the option cost is stacking up but...after seeing a new GT350 with the standard mustang leather I am really glad that I chose the interior upgrade. To me its like finishing off a custom tailored designer suit with cheap leather shoes.

Some don't like the red white and blue inserts but I think it differentiates it from standard mustang. I know it sounds crazy to pay for leather twice but I think it is worth every penny.

I thought if you made your order in July. (Summer special) You get a free interior upgrade.

I did change my order to a 624-R option, with black S/C, i also recived the july inteior upgrade package... ( that really helped!!) and rear spoiler option. thats all i can afford.. this gt-350 is replacing our 2011 Nickey Super Camaro that got totaled may 22nd... my wife and i did have a 1967 gt-500 shelby in 1977-98 i have always liked the shelby mustangs..... i wish we had something to drive this summer. i hope its worth the wait. thanks everyone!!

I do not own a GT350, but, my opinion has always been go big or stay home. I would think a top of the line car would have more value than one that didn't have all the options. Just my opinion. Good luck ;)

umm, that isn't true! Unless to plan to race it even for fun at a track or drag strip the 624hp option is overkill. Its also a very expensive option but if you can afford it go for it

624 (or 585 at rear wheels, with some mods) is not overkill - it's just clean American (aka Ford) Ponycar fun!!!!!

As Gary Paterson will say: "Drive it hard; break it; fix it; drive it hard again." The more the merrier when HP is concerned.

umm, that isn't true! Unless to plan to race it even for fun at a track or drag strip the 624hp option is overkill. Its also a very expensive option but if you can afford it go for it

Disagree totally on the overkill comment. It just about right to have this much power in a really super car!

Archived