TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling my Shelby GT

bigtv

I am selling my 2007 Shelby GT. I have been on the Shelby sight since 2009, few on words and knowledge, but go to the sight everyday and enjoy all the conversation.

It is a very Sad day, but I am getting relocated from Tampa to Chicago. I need the Monies to cover some of the expenses, also I cannot see keeping my baby in the cold and snow of IL.

It has only 6,000 miles - No rain ever seen - It is Pristine. Awards galore from Car Shows.

It has been professionally Polished (those darn swirls marks on a Black car) it looks unbelievable.

I am asking 26,500 - Any Help here would be appreciated to get my "Shelby" sold... or any thoughts on how to go about on selling it on other sites and what to watch out for.

Ebay - Cars.com - AutoTrader.com or ???

Do I go to a dealer and sell it outright???

I can send pictures of the car if needed to an email. Please call me on my cell with any questions 407 496 0215 JOHN

Some Mods:

Just installed the Raxiom Headlights

Shelby Signature on Dash - Certificate from Shelby

Shelby Certificate from Shelby for Ownership of Car.

Original Mats not used - am using Shelby GT mats

Shelby Gas tank cover

Seq. Tailights

Tuner from Justin at VMP

Specially made Antenna for the Car -

Headrest and Arm rest Shelby

Engine Cover Caps (Engine Bay Dress up Kit)

Slotted Rotors and Cross Drilled

Painted Calipers

All the screws changed to the Billet screws in the engine bay area

New Pin Covers

Scoop replaced by Shelby

Lower Radiator Cover

Elite Hood Struts

Shelby Center Caps

Many other small mods etc.

All take off parts are included.

post-22367-0-58926000-1343261531_thumb.jpg

post-22367-0-85113500-1343262143_thumb.jpg

post-22367-0-48511100-1343263091_thumb.jpg

post-22367-0-58926000-1343261531_thumb.jpg

post-22367-0-85113500-1343262143_thumb.jpg

post-22367-0-48511100-1343263091_thumb.jpg

I wish that you posted your car info about two weeks ago, I just bought a black SGT down in Naples and I sure like your SGT better. Put it on Craigslist, that is where I bought my last two cars and sold my son's Honda Civic on there in 3 hours. You price is very good for this market, it will sell very fast!!!

Mike

Here are more pictures.

I got a call for 24k Cash - I said no

I also seem to be getting calls from Auto Co. wanting to List it for me, any thoughts on this.

JOHN

If you're going to list it with one of those kinds of places they will want a listing fee or straight commission (and you'll probably have to sign a contract that gives them exclusive right to sell). The commission might make the $24K cash attractive.

Here are more pictures.

I got a call for 24k Cash - I said no

I also seem to be getting calls from Auto Co. wanting to List it for me, any thoughts on this.

JOHN

NOOOOOOOOOO stay away from those companies... its all gimicks

I agree Tampa is a very nice place, but I have to go where the jobs are. i am from Wisconsin, so the way I think about is, i had a 10 year vacation in Tampa

It hurts me that I have to let go of this special car, but it is the best right now for me and the family.

If you already posted it on Craigslist, autotrader, cars.com, or even eBay I'm not sure where else those services that want to list the car for you would actually post it, you have it listed with all the major players. IMO, it's not worth paying the commission, these cars sell themselves...

The SGT is actually made by Shelby as opposed to the GT 500 which is made by Ford SVT. The SGT is a throwback to the original GT 350 which was delivered by Ford to Shelby and converted in the Shelby factory, the same as the SGT.

so as i have mentioned to my neighbor who had a shelby gt 500 which is a way way sweet car if you get down to it my lowly shelby gt in his opinion is a bit more Shelby than his GT 500?

Although i do agree with that statement and i say that to my dad all the time who has 2 GT500's...i would dare anyone to say that to Carroll if he were still here.

About the car...can't you sell something else??! ANYTHING but the Shelby!!!!

Although i do agree with that statement and i say that to my dad all the time who has 2 GT500's...i would dare anyone to say that to Carroll if he were still here.

About the car...can't you sell something else??! ANYTHING but the Shelby!!!!

Agree with both points above. Carroll would certainly claim they are all Shelby's to him. I just claim that the SGT had a more personal touch, just like everything that leaves SA. Although to be fair about the SGT being a spiritual successor to the first GT-350, the GT500s back then were mostly licensed built as well in Detriot. So history repeats there as well.

-Tom

Good luck selling this one. I watched an 07 with similar miles sell for 31K at the Mecum auction. It was nice but dead stock and not particularly clean. I would not budge on your price.

I REALLY like the red on your pit stripes and the calipers. It really wakes the car up. If you don't mind, can you provide any more pics of those stripes (like directly from the side) and also provide the dimensions of the stripes and gaps? I really like that.

I was actually thinking of placing an narrow red pinstripe around the perimeter of my silver stripes on my white car and was afraid it would look like too much, but that looks great!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived