TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Yes or No, Cervinis Light Conversion?

They were at carsile and I tried to buy the set that they had their but they would not sell.

They actually had thought they would be available the following week and I was ready to buy but now they are not available until the end of August...

I am very interested in them for my KR I love the original shelby lights...

Thinking about completeing the Shelby transformation on the KR. What do you fellows think about about this plug and play light kit? They've got a great video up on their site.

Previous

• yhst-131964867535317_2221_24739520.jpg

This has been on the drawing board for years now and I *like* it. I think it adds that much more to the retro Shelby look. I think Shelby should'a added these to their Super Snakes from the get go.

Are they finally available now?

Phill

I think they look great at night, but during the day... Well, I think it looks like crap. And for $600, I definitely don't like them. I'm not into the black trim and each side is two pieces not one.

I would Not do it.

They were at carsile and I tried to buy the set that they had their but they would not sell.

They actually had thought they would be available the following week and I was ready to buy but now they are not available until the end of August...

I am very interested in them for my KR I love the original shelby lights...

So how did they look in person belltr? More specifically, the trunk section across the top. Is it flush with the indent of the trunk or does it protrude out? I have a concern about how they would look / how flush they would be without the big duckie stuck onto the back side of the trunk. Do the trunk lights line up well with the outboard lights? What were your thoughts on quality? So you'd put them on your KR?

This has been on the drawing board for years now and I *like* it. I think it adds that much more to the retro Shelby look. I think Shelby should'a added these to their Super Snakes from the get go.

Are they finally available now?

Phill

Ready end of August Phil.

Anyone else see them in person?

I think they look great at night, but during the day... Well, I think it looks like crap. And for $600, I definitely don't like them. I'm not into the black trim and each side is two pieces not one.

I would Not do it.

Gary,

Its actually 3 pieaces total, the center pieace that goes on the trunk lid and then each tail light. I actually liked the way they looked in the day. If I remember correctly they told me you can paint it to match what ever color you want.

Anyone else see them in person?

The one at the show was the car in their picture and that was smoking good!!!

everythin lined up perfectly and yes I would put them on my KR and plan on doing it... :happy feet:

Gary,

Its actually 3 pieaces total, the center pieace that goes on the trunk lid and then each tail light. I actually liked the way they looked in the day. If I remember correctly they told me you can paint it to match what ever color you want.

Paint match might come out pretty sweet. I like them on the Cervini car. It's always reversible..

I ordered them in April and plan on getting them painted. If they ever show up I will post some pics.

Are they made by Cervinis or Champion Mustang. I ordered mine from Champion and last time I checked they are listed for $100 less.

Do you plan on doing the duck wing also or just the lights... seems like it would be off if you just did the lights? Also anyone thought of getting rear tinted lights for the KR?

That's the part I don't like, that stOOpid looking duck wing. I'm thinking you could get away without using it. The bottom of the lights (on a 2010+) is what's different and I'm pretty sure you can interchange the 09- and the 10+ rear facia so a person could use the early style tail lights, and/or the Cervani's.

Phill

Do you plan on doing the duck wing also or just the lights... seems like it would be off if you just did the lights? Also anyone thought of getting rear tinted lights for the KR?

It would be a big no for me on the duck tail. Although I have always liked the GT500 spoiler better than the V6 one despite the down force testing results. I'd consider changing out to a Ford GT500 spoiler ala the GT500KR reveal show car if it worked better with these lights. I think as long as changes are reversable, no harm is risked.

So for me, it's all about how the unit would fit across the top of the trunk indentation. I don't want a big hunk of plastic protruding out past the trunk or the trunk mounted lights not lining up with the outer sections. It looks pretty flush under the duck tail in some of the cervinis pictures. I'm optimistic that those who have seen it in person, like it a lot.

Keeping it matte black would tie it into the rear diffuser....but painting it and adding stripes would blend it into the car better. There should be some interesting pictures coming out soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just received another email.

Date Ordered: Tuesday 17 April, 2012

The comments for your order are: Due to numerous broken promises from the

manufacturer, we have discontinued our relationship with them & "WILL NOT"

be offering this product. :rant2:

The poor level of customer service at the manufacturer has taken its toll.

We do apologize for all the delays and for any inconvenience it may have

caused.

If your credit card was charged or you paid through pay pal those refunds

will be processed a.s.a.p.

• 3 months later...

In a word. No. I wouldn't put them on a KR. A KR is a classic and elegant muscle car with just the right amount of visiable brawn. It doesn't look like some hopped up Mustang that belongs to some high schooler. Cervini tail lights are too glitz IMHO and belong on a "look at me" Mustang like the Cervini.

I would stay with sequentials and call it a day.

But its your car..

Archived