TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch drag TSB 4th revision - $1,438.18 if you have to pay for it

Grabber

Everything I read about the alternatives to our stock clutches indicates that they are softer than the original ones (2007-09). However, I have to admit that I really like the feel of the stock clutch. It is a bit stiff but over the past year I must have gotten used to the pedal pressure and the fairly high engagement point. I even like the fact that it's engagement is pretty abrupt. The only thing that I do not like is the way it shutters when the car is hot (like in stop and go driving).

Does anyone have any information on a clutch that has a similar feel as the stock one?

Dan

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I purchased a brand new 2010 TSB clutch, discs and flywheel for $500 (incl shipping). That seemed like a decent deal considering I plan to keep the car closer to stock.

One last question, please- for those of you who have switched to the TSB clutch where does the new clutch engage? Mine engages at nearly the end of the pedal travel and I was wondering what other had experienced.

Thanks very much

• 8 months later...

I just did this replacement/upgrade and I'm very pleased with the results so far. The pedal is so much lighter and the clutch engagement is chatter free. Many thanks to Grabber for all the documentation, it made the job a breeze

• 1 month later...

It's nice to know there is a thread with this much information about an issue that I probably will inevitably have. But it happens to suck knowing that my 2008 is a disaster waiting to happen. This is the 1st manual I've owned since my 89 GT and I was thinking that I was out of touch with shift points and such, makes me feel a tad better that it's the clutch lol.

That being said, I'm assuming that with my car only having around 2300 miles on it but being a 2008 that I'd be stuck with 100% of the cost.

• 4 weeks later...

My 2009 GT500 original clutch finally gave up at 24768 miles. We could never really pin down if I had one of the problem clutches or not. I replaced with the Shelby Performance Clutch manufactured by ACE. What an amazing clutch! Huge noticeable difference with the aluminum flywheel and clutch engagement. Couldn't be happier!

Edited by ViperNC

• 4 months later...

Well, it's time! I have the parts on order with my dealer, so hopefully in the next week or two I will join the 2010 clutch/flywheel club! I recently picked up a Fiesta ST as my daily driver, and after 2 weeks of driving that, the Shelby feels...well, awful. The pedal force is obscenely high, the engagement point it almost at the top of pedal travel, and it's so hard to get a smooth launch. After reading all the positive feedback for the 2010 clutch, I'm looking forward to driving my car, instead of fighting it. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Result: spectacular success!

It's like having a brand new car. What a fundamental difference. The pedal effort is one-third or less of the previous clutch, the engagement point is halfway through pedal travel, engagement is smooth, and the chattering and shuddering are GONE! I can finally enjoy my car again!

Thanks again, Grabber, for the fantastic information. Instead of spending $60K on a new GT350, I spent less than $2K and have a brand new experience! :)

Result: spectacular success!

It's like having a brand new car. What a fundamental difference. The pedal effort is one-third or less of the previous clutch, the engagement point is halfway through pedal travel, engagement is smooth, and the chattering and shuddering are GONE! I can finally enjoy my car again!

Thanks again, Grabber, for the fantastic information. Instead of spending $60K on a new GT350, I spent less than $2K and have a brand new experience! :)

Awesome news dude !!!!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Going to have a garage sale shortly. I picked up another 2007 40th(white) recently that had just 370mi on it. I have all of the stock takeoff parts from it. Stock wheels and tires, coilovers, sway and panhard bars, lower/upper control arms, front Brembo and rear brakes, interior seat covers, etc. Everything in new condition. I'll get pics together and get it up in the classified area soon.

Also - I still have some original stock items from the black 40th - blower, fuel rails, etc. All of that has low mileage as well - maybe a few thousand.

And I have a full set of Eibach MultiPro R2 for sale. It's a great fully adjustable track setup that I used on the black car. I simply went back to the original Eibach ProStreet coilover kit that was part of the 40th package. I want to make the black and white 40ths identical as possible.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/uploads/gallery/album_106/gallery_7031_106_415850.jpg

Edited by GT500FLYBOY

• 3 months later...

Hey Grabber,  just wanted to say thanks for all of the information you provided. I just picked up my 07 red GT500 from the dealership yesterday, they installed the 2010 clutch assembly that I purchased from Tasca Ford. They also installed a KR short throw shifter that I bought last year. Needless to say, the car never drove and shifted so well driving home. Thanks again, Jerry in Ohio