TEAM SHELBY FORUM

clutch 87 GLHS

bruces

Can anyone tell me if the clutch on my 87 GLHS is adjustable I believe when I asked question when new Ddoge mec. told me it is self adjusting, I hate the free play does not engage till almost all the way out, Had Great Lakes shift kit put on now car shfts great now I will work on clutch any help????

The self adjuster is in the pedal assembly. Lift the clutch pedal with your toe. That will take up any slack in the clutch cable. I don't know what you mean exactly by "all the way out", whether you mean out of free play, or clutch pedal near top of travel. Having the clutch disengage / engage in the first 1/3 of pedal travel (near the top) is how it is designed.

Yes that is where my engages so I assume it is self adjusting clutch have not driven cars in years I guess I forgot, very low mile car now driving at least once per week forgpt how fast this car can be stock except for great Lakes Shift kit shifts great runs great now had fuel pump go south replace that new plugs etc runs great now, wish it would engage like clutch on my 07 Shelby but I guess that is nature of the beast thanks for your info!!!

Yes that is where my engages so I assume it is self adjusting clutch have not driven cars in years I guess I forgot, very low mile car now driving at least once per week forgpt how fast this car can be stock except for great Lakes Shift kit shifts great runs great now had fuel pump go south replace that new plugs etc runs great now, wish it would engage like clutch on my 07 Shelby but I guess that is nature of the beast thanks for your info!!!

You dont have the Stage II computer?

No car is stock have owned since new was stored from 1990 till prsent was in Army and moved around have put back into service just had to free up brakes replace fuel filter and pupmp Furl gauge does not work anymore will look at that this fall other than a K&N air filter it is stock.

You think the car is fast now, the Stage II computer is mandatory. It will remove the torque and horsepower plateau and allow the motor to peak. The computer combined with the K&N, you'll get almost 20% more HP and 35% more torque.

Archived