TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop

Just watched the install video

Now wondering if there may be clearance issues if you have a Steeda G-Trac brace, which attaches to the rear mounts of the front lower control arms

Not the mounting points, but the sheet metal forward of the mounting point on the trans cooler scoop

Probably have to have one to check fitment, as it looks like it would be too close to call

Here's a close-up of the G-Trac brace mounting point (prior to install)

Gtracbrace_zps6230e348.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just placed my order tonight for one while away on vacation for a few days R & R!! I didn't get the "out of stock" message, so I'm guessing some of the parts arrived today!

I hope it will be at home when I return to do the installation before my track weekend on Jan 12th & 13th! I doubt it will be very warm in Savannah that weekend to where I would need it, but better safe than sorry. If anyone needs any pictures or measurements, let me know and I'll see if I can post some up.

Andy.

Could be as soon as today or tomorrow.

Everyone's ETAs have gotten a bit fuzzy in this Holiday season!

As for the NEXT run - with "raw" versions - expect another 6 weeks or so.

Jer

Got one! Thank you.

UPDATE: "Raw" is in stock, pricing will be adjusted on the Product page to buy those... powdercoated are not. I expect a week or so wait.

Jer

Price on "Raw" has been adjusted in the online store.

Jer

Jer,

Any thoughts on my post (#91) regarding clearance if a G-Trac brace is installed?

Thanks

Larry

I'll try to get a look under my car this weekend and gain some insight for you.

Jer

If the hole created by the CS logo concerns you, you can get aluminum tape (for HVAC duct work) at just about any home improvement store (I got some at ACE). Place the tape on the inside of the CS and it will block the holes and highlight the CS with aluminum. It'll have sticky on it and if that concernes you, use some laquer thinner to remove the sticky from the exposed area.

I use aluminum tape for all kinds of things. It's TOUGH and sticks like no other tape does. And if ya want it to look fancy, take a buffing wheel to it and it'll shine like a babies behind!

Phill

I was thinking the same thing as far as covering the logo (it is cool but may decrease the functionality some).

BTW, everyone, the Shelby decal will be included with the "raw" versions, so you can apply it after painting or powdercoating, if you wish.

Jer

If you did the blue can you do the red ??

If they started doing the red then it would snowball into every color someone would ask for, and every part. Too many options would result in orders not being completed to customer satisfaction and all the work Jer has put in to change SPPs reputation would be for naught.

I'm just asking all he can say is NO and that's OK not a big thing .

You're both right!

I do have to limit the amount of colors we offer right now - It's an easy way to make one part number become sixteen part numbers.

BUT, that's why we offer the "raw" option, and decrease the price on it substantially. You get it done yourself for roughly the same money!

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I keep thinking about it, the CS logo cut into the scoop will certainly allow a good amount of air to flow through it thus partially defeating the purpose of the scoop, which is to provide cool air to the transmission. I think the scoop could have done without the CS logo cut into it.

Now that I keep thinking about it, the CS logo cut into the scoop will certainly allow a good amount of air to flow through it thus partially defeating the purpose of the scoop, which is to provide cool air to the transmission. I think the scoop could have done without the CS logo cut into it.

Just buy one from FRPP and have it powder coated what ever color you want.

So how long should I allot in terms of time to install this? It seems like it will be pretty fast.

Jack up the front of the car, place stands or ramps under it.

Remove 4 bolts and the OEM brace falls out in your hand. Or on your head if you're laying under it! <lol>

Replace the brace with the scoop/brace and reinstall the 4 bolts.

Done.

Phill

The FRPP instructions for their version require 46 ft torque of the 4 mounting bolts.

Not sure if the Shelby instructions call for torque specs..

Yeah, they're pretty good sized bolts.

And I *think* the torque spec was in the specification area of the on-line manuals. I have the page printed out somewhere but it's easy enough to just look on-line....Or just use Chicago Chris's spec! <lol>

Phill

Mine did arrive late at the office...didn't even bring it home, but pulled it out of the box...looked good for the 10 seconds that I saw it.

I can't wait to get a better look at it and have my 2 boys help me do the installation...maybe this weekend!

By the way, the Front Brake Duct kit worked absolutely as advertised on my track weekend this past Saturday and Sunday - never had or felt any brake fade (A very big Thank You to Jer for getting these back as available parts for us SGT owners). You can see tons of dust on the outside of my wheels...about 10 x more than ever before, and that was after about 70 to 80 miles on the track over 2 days...even my 10 yr old son noticed and proclaimed that we need to wash it...quickly!!

"Wheels on an Shelby should not look like that"....(honest, that's what he said!!). I think he may have been infected with my Shelby-itus, and I hate to tell him there really is no cure except to own one!

Andy.

Mine did arrive late at the office...didn't even bring it home, but pulled it out of the box...looked good for the 10 seconds that I saw it.

I can't wait to get a better look at it and have my 2 boys help me do the installation...maybe this weekend!

By the way, the Front Brake Duct kit worked absolutely as advertised on my track weekend this past Saturday and Sunday - never had or felt any brake fade (A very big Thank You to Jer for getting these back as available parts for us SGT owners). You can see tons of dust on the outside of my wheels...about 10 x more than ever before, and that was after about 70 to 80 miles on the track over 2 days...even my 10 yr old son noticed and proclaimed that we need to wash it...quickly!!

"Wheels on an Shelby should not look like that"....(honest, that's what he said!!). I think he may have been infected with my Shelby-itus, and I hate to tell him there really is no cure except to own one!

Andy.

Great to hear it!

Jer

Currently, only Blue and "raw" are available.

We may phase out Blue and continue with Silver and "raw", but Red, probably not.

Jer

Archived