TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did SVT13 order one?

Not yet. I am waiting till I decide what I'm going to do about my interior/exterior mods and whether or not I will go through with them. Plus I may be making a purhcase for this person's alcoas so I may have to hold out on this till after both.

Keep us informed if it's noisy (which I doubt).

Hey if shelby did a sale (wink wink) I'd buy it right now along with the other suspension stuff I want (wink wink shelby) lol. But yea you know me if its noisy at all I will let everyone know.

I don’t know about everyone else’s cars but that would have to be one hell of a whistle for me to hear it over the exhaust!

As for air flow; a round bar/tube of this size will not be significantly better than a square or flat bar as both diverge and converge air too quickly for laminar flow. The bar would have to be oval or flat, but considering how turbulent the air is under a typical car the difference between the two, which is surely measurable, will not be substantial.

I don’t know about everyone else’s cars but that would have to be one hell of a whistle for me to hear it over the exhaust!

:hysterical3:

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jer is this back?

We shouild be good to go on Friday. If it's sooner, I will certainly post.

Jer

• 2 months later...

Sure.

Our current run has already been powdercoated, but we'll do it in on the next run if there's enough interest. That'll probably be available for sale within 30 days or so.

Jer

What we'll do on the next run is offer a "raw" version, so people can powdercoat any color they like.

Jer

Any update as to when said run will be done and when these will be in stock again?

Could be as soon as today or tomorrow.

Everyone's ETAs have gotten a bit fuzzy in this Holiday season!

As for the NEXT run - with "raw" versions - expect another 6 weeks or so.

Jer

Well the cooler scoop work on my SS 2014 ??? Well the RAW VERSIONS cost the same and are you going to powdercoat them for us . You know some of us need RED .

Without having a 2014 car here, I cannot promise anything, but I expect no issues.

As for cost, YES, the "raw" version will certainly cost less. We ship those with NO finish, for you to have finished in your color, by YOUR local powdercoater.

ETA update: "Raw" will be in stock first (maybe by tomorrow).

Jer

Okay I know the debate has gone on about the flat bar reducing airflow to the tranny, but what about the airflow being lost due to the CS logo? I like the idea etc, just curious if the bar + logo defeats the purpose?

Okay I know the debate has gone on about the flat bar reducing airflow to the tranny, but what about the airflow being lost due to the CS logo? I like the idea etc, just curious if the bar + logo defeats the purpose?

If the hole created by the CS logo concerns you, you can get aluminum tape (for HVAC duct work) at just about any home improvement store (I got some at ACE). Place the tape on the inside of the CS and it will block the holes and highlight the CS with aluminum. It'll have sticky on it and if that concernes you, use some laquer thinner to remove the sticky from the exposed area.

I use aluminum tape for all kinds of things. It's TOUGH and sticks like no other tape does. And if ya want it to look fancy, take a buffing wheel to it and it'll shine like a babies behind!

Phill

Archived