TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Transmission Cooler Scoop

S5M-5025-UMT-2.jpg

When taking your car to the track heat is a big enemy, especially in the transmission. Any cooling can come in handy and can make the difference between finishing first or getting a DNF.

Ford knew this and that is why they put a transmission cooler scoop on their Boss 302 Laguna Seca. The R&D gentleman here at Shelby took that idea and made it even better. This scoop allows the maximum amount of air available from under the car while still allowing you to change the oil without removing the scoop. It is made from high quality steel and has the famous "CS" logo laser cut into the bottom of the scoop, then powder-coated in Shelby blue. This part is a direct replacement for the standard pencil brace that comes stock on the 2005-2013 Mustang.

Applications:

2005-2013 Mustang*

2007-2013 Shelby GT500

*Manual transmission only.

New Product Release:

18 July 2012

Genuine Shelby American

Made in the U.S.A.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO ORDER. clear1x1.gif

DBox_Border_Left_Bottom.gif

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it....so how much?

Robert said: CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO ORDER.

$119.99 according the link Robert posted.

Phill

It looks smaller than the Ford scoop? Also, does the flat bar block air flow? From the pictures I'm struggling to understand how this actually moves air with the bar right through the middle of it. If this actually works I would pick one up.

+1 on the pictures

Robert - I will VOLUNTEER...just send me one of those and I will put it on and take some pictures for the crowd....

I won't even charge for the Installation Labor!!! :hysterical2:

Andy.

It looks smaller than the Ford scoop? Also, does the flat bar block air flow? From the pictures I'm struggling to understand how this actually moves air with the bar right through the middle of it. If this actually works I would pick one up.

+1 on the pictures

Way larger than the Ford Boss 302 LS unit. I will have a photo comparison taken,

awsome, now i have to put another part on the list of goodies i "need" for my car. Wait i still dont have my watts link on yet. Waiting for Jer to come to Iowa to help with the install...... Jer..... all the sweet corn you can eat????

awsome, now i have to put another part on the list of goodies i "need" for my car. Wait i still dont have my watts link on yet. Waiting for Jer to come to Iowa to help with the install...... Jer..... all the sweet corn you can eat????

Yeah, because it WOULDN'T be MORE fun for you to bring your Shelby to Las Vegas! Puhleeeeeze....

Jer

Yeah, because it WOULDN'T be MORE fun for you to bring your Shelby to Las Vegas! Puhleeeeeze....

Jer

One of these days she will make the trip back to her birth place. I am already wishing it was sep 19 so I could be in Vegas but no one is counting weeks yet...

Jer

Hmm, let's see. Vegas or Iowa? (I've been to both).

HMMMM, Vegas?...Iowa. Vegas? Iowa? Vegas, Iowa.

Yeah, THAT was a hard decision to make! <lol>

Phill (titties on girls or titties on cows/pigs?)

So I'll be the guinea pig. I went ahead and ordered this and the new billet fuel door (which I assume is the SHR one since it looks identical and the text of the instructions are word-for-word the same). Hopefully will show up sometime next week... I really hate that expedited shipping is not an option with Shelby Performance Parts.

So I'll be the guinea pig. I went ahead and ordered this and the new billet fuel door

Looking forward to your review.

Phill

If you guys go to the product I did an installation video for this piece. It's pretty straight forward and plus you can see how big this cooler scoop is. Now this is the first time I've dont something like this so go easy on me :rip: .

http://www.shelbysto...5m-5025-umt.htm

Great Jonathan..its already on my list

Looks better than I was expecting. I would **REALLY** like to see that air blocking brace bent 90 degrees inside of the scoop. There's a ton of surface area that's being blocked.

That is something I can discuss with our design team and try out. It would make manufacturing the piece a little more difficult do to making sure the bend is the same every time but I'll defintely check it out.

Jonathan:

Nice Job!! Not only shows the install, but also the pictures that everyone has been wanting as well.

Thanks,

Andy.

+1!!

<SNIP> It would make manufacturing the piece a little more difficult do to making sure the bend is the same every time....

Nah, just clamp the bar in a vise, heat it and give it a 1/4 turn twist with a Crescent wrench (times 2) *before* the scoop is welded onto it. Both twists would need to be inside of the scoop.

5 more minutes, TOPS.

Phill

Archived