TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Check engine light

Im sure there is a discussion about this somewhere on this forum, but I can't find it. My 2012 SS check engine light came on. It doesn't flash and the car seems to run fine although I certainly haven't pushed it now that the CEL has come on. It idles fine and sounds fine. Any ideas on what it could be? My next step is a trip to AutoZone for an OBD reading but maybe somebody has had a similar issue. 1800 miles on her.

Im sure there is a discussion about this somewhere on this forum, but I can't find it. My 2012 SS check engine light came on. It doesn't flash and the car seems to run fine although I certainly haven't pushed it now that the CEL has come on. It idles fine and sounds fine. Any ideas on what it could be? My next step is a trip to AutoZone for an OBD reading but maybe somebody has had a similar issue. 1800 miles on her.

I had mine come on ONCE but it also went into limp home mode at the same time.

I have a Whipple 2.9L on mine with the Ford Racing tune. I was chasing a Vette, took it up into the high end of the revs then backed off and was engine braking (coasting under power). That set the light and mode but I can't remember what it was. I posted it here if you want to search my screen name and look for it.

All I did was shut down and restart to get it back to closed loop operation, then read and cleared the code with my Pro-Cal that Ford Racing provides with their tunes.

Phill

The code is P144A but nobody can tell me what it is and even a Google search of the code comes up empty and I thought everything was on Google. Humph.

• 1 month later...

I had my check engine light come on once but it was at 150 mph and the a/c shut off. Yes I know, shouldn't have had the a/c on to begin with but that had nothing to do with the light coming on. After backing down to about 80 it then went off and the a/c came back on and started blowing cool again then everything went back to normal. I would have figured the tune Shelby put on it would have been better but who knows. This was most likely an emissions issue but I never had it checked or cleared.

I'm curious if you were just driving normally or did you have your foot in it at the time the light came on?

The code is P144A but nobody can tell me what it is and even a Google search of the code comes up empty and I thought everything was on Google. Humph.

I got a ton of hits on it via Google;

Code P144A

Emission evap purge line restricted

That should be an easy one to find.

Phill

Archived