TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terrible customer service from Vegas!

My Shelby GT has been sitting at Tasca for over 3 weeks now without a single thing being done to it yet because nobody out there in Vegas can communicate and follow through on an order for my GT/SC upgrade! Dennis Gomes put the original order in for my GT/SC upgrade at the end of June (27th or 28th) and the parts have still not shipped. Wendy at SAI has been absolutely horrible for them to work with. She will not return phone calls or emails to anyone at Tasca. I guess when you send in a request for the GT/SC kit, it falls into a black hole on her desk and then she doesn't care to push it all the way through. Robert has been sent emails from people at Tasca and I have sent 2 myself in the last 2 weeks asking for help with NO REPLY AT ALL!!!! What is the problem out there??? This kind of problem shouldn't happen with a company like SAI. I am disgusted at how long this is taking just to get the parts from point A to point B and that the customer service has been as bad as it can get.

Where I don't doubt that you have not gotten your emails returned, your supercharger DOES NOT come from SAI.

Your supercharger comes from Ford (if a Whipple) or from Kenne Bell (if it is a KB). Have you thought for a minute that Dennis may be blowing smoke up you rear end and the reason SAI is not responding is because they have no clue what is going on with your situation? I would be inclined to say this is a strong possibility.

Keep in mind that the only parts that SAI has anything to do with is the gauges and pod that SPP sells and the gT/SC decals and engine plate once complete and verified.

I hope that everything gets resolved for you , just keep in mind that you more than likely are not getting the full story from Tasca.

(null)

Where I don't doubt that you have not gotten your emails returned, your supercharger DOES NOT come from SAI.

Your supercharger comes from Ford (if a Whipple) <SNIP>........

Actually, it comes directly from Whipple. They drop-ship them, even if ordered from Ford.

But your point remains. It's not coming from SA, it's coming from the source.

Phill

I am looking into this and don't have all of the details yet, however, there is a severe shortage of super chargers that's out of our control. We were told this week to expect delays on these items ranging from 4-6 weeks.

With that being said though, Tasca should have received a communication from SAI detailing why there is a delay. I will find the answer to this.

so since the supercharges are drpped shipped, the carroll shelby tag on them is applied by whom?

I would *assume* (meaning I really don't KNOW) that Shelby in NV or Tasca in RI applies the Shelby tag after Whipple drop ships it to them.

I don't know if Robert will/wants to comment on this or not....

Phill

I would *assume* (meaning I really don't KNOW) that Shelby in NV or Tasca in RI applies the Shelby tag after Whipple drop ships it to them.

I don't know if Robert will/wants to comment on this or not....

Phill

I can't say about Whipple but I do know my first Paxton was supposed to have a Shelby tag and I waited several months specifically to get one with as it was a new offering... but when it arrived without one I needed a letter from God to pry one loose from SAI / Paxton so I could install it on the head unit....after the first head unit failure (no warranty by the way ), the next head unit was shipped via air frt directly from Paxton and it had the Shelby tag so I know for a fact it was applied at Paxton.

Why not wait until TASCA has all the parts to drop the car off? I dropped mine off before they did, but I wanted to take advantage of the good weather we were having. It was late December. I got mine back near the end of January 2012 and was completely satisfied. Coming on this board with your knickers in a knot is not going to solve anything.

Well said, Robert!! For those that do not know, Robert and Sharon started Stang's Unleashed then that became Team Shelby, then they were asked to take over Shelby Performance parts from Scott Drake. I feel they have done a great job considering what their experience was. I too, being a dealer for SPP, have issues from time to time, but it is always taken care of. Robert and Sharon have many trays to hold and many shoes to fill and it is unfortunate when a few bad experiences happen those seem to over shadow the 100's of good ones. Robert and Sharon are on here at all hours of the day and night, so maybe, when things are good, post those more often too. Nothing is perfect in this world, but let me tell you from my 18+ years in business, I have dealt with companies that just don't care at all. I feel it is noble when Robert says on this forum that they screwed up. What other forum sdo you see that on??

Alex

Your supercharger comes from Ford (if a Whipple) or from Kenne Bell (if it is a KB).

I thought that Shelby only will allow Whipples on New SGT/SC conversions? Kenne Bell is used for the Supersnakes

Robert I commend you on taking ownership, there is no doubt in my mind it will be resolved. you are going to LOVE your Shelby GT/SC!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the wait.

I had mine done at Tasca and the end Result was Outstanding, while there I took advantage and had them do other things as well. Dennis is a Stand-up person.

Well said, Robert!! For those that do not know, Robert and Sharon started Stang's Unleashed then that became Team Shelby, then they were asked to take over Shelby Performance parts from Scott Drake. I feel they have done a great job considering what their experience was. I too, being a dealer for SPP, have issues from time to time, but it is always taken care of. Robert and Sharon have many trays to hold and many shoes to fill and it is unfortunate when a few bad experiences happen those seem to over shadow the 100's of good ones. Robert and Sharon are on here at all hours of the day and night, so maybe, when things are good, post those more often too. Nothing is perfect in this world, but let me tell you from my 18+ years in business, I have dealt with companies that just don't care at all. I feel it is noble when Robert says on this forum that they screwed up. What other forum sdo you see that on??

Alex

+100

Well said Alex.... :rockon:

Yes, well said Alex.

And while we are at it, I have yet to have a bad experience with SPP.

I have even called to pick up items from the store with it never being an issue. Provided the items were in stock.

So, Robert and Sharon and all those behind the scenes at SPP, job well done !!

Keep up the good work.

SAI is a class act and remember they are human too. I know that's a lot of jack you are spending. You will love it and they are solid folks always taken great care of me. I have had one issue and it was taken care of ASAP. Good luck it will be worth it.

Why not wait until TASCA has all the parts to drop the car off? I dropped mine off before they did, but I wanted to take advantage of the good weather we were having. It was late December. I got mine back near the end of January 2012 and was completely satisfied. Coming on this board with your knickers in a knot is not going to solve anything.

Actually coming on this board with my knickers in a knot has solved more than one issue for me when other methods have not. I mean no disrespect to anyone when I resort to this method but you have to understand how much frustration i put up with before i get to this point. I can be very tolerant and understanding, but when all communications from Tasca and myself have yielded no results after almost a month I lose my cool. I dropped my car off with the understanding that parts should take less than 2 weeks to arrive and i happened to not need my car for the next 2 weeks so I thought the timing was right. I am absolutely sure i will be completely satisfied when I get my car back. Carl Jr. and Dennis Gomes guaranteed it.

The bottom line here is that we screwed up by not providing proper communication between ourselves and Tasca.

This particular issue is being resolved and we apologize that it happened.

This is all correct. The main issue was a lack of communication for over 3 weeks. Between Robert investigating on his end and Dennis pulling strings at Whipple, I should have my car back sooner than I was told last week before I came on here. Robert, thanks for your hard work and everything you do to keep us Shelby Fanatics happy. I know you pay attention to the forums and after all the confusion, I knew you would see this and take action. The end result as far as when I get my car back is the best it can be for the situation it's in.

Robert I commend you on taking ownership, there is no doubt in my mind it will be resolved. you are going to LOVE your Shelby GT/SC!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the wait.

I had mine done at Tasca and the end Result was Outstanding, while there I took advantage and had them do other things as well. Dennis is a Stand-up person.

Robert, I also commend that and thank you for not "passing the buck" as some others have done in this situation. I also think Dennis is a stand-up person. He has worked very hard since the day I told him to go ahead and order parts to stay on top of this as best he could. He has always been very good communicating with me and hasn't let me down on his end.

SAI is a class act and remember they are human too. I know that's a lot of jack you are spending. You will love it and they are solid folks always taken great care of me. I have had one issue and it was taken care of ASAP. Good luck it will be worth it.

I know this is all true, thanks!

Archived