TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hold Shelby-On Hold

congrats! Don't stall it off the lot! I remember how nervous I got when I first drove mine off the lot and the entire dealership was watching haha.

Thanks!

No worries here. My 2008 Shelby puts down 722rwhp.

I've driven it with a spec p-trim clutch and currently a mccloud RXT clutch which hopefully will be similar

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VaporDude - that's awesome! What are the details of your build?

PP, TP, EP, NAV, glass roof, Recaro's, cover, Shaker Pro

Pretty well loaded up.

Dont hold your breath, mine was produced June 29th. And I still don't have it.

Correction ;

Dealer just called and said she came in a little bit ago.

I'll be posting pics later tonight! !!! :)

See what happens when you bad mouth Ford........you get what you want. :hysterical:

Congrats on the car.....where is your review.? Oh....we need some :camera:

Re: Romeo engine plant builders;

<snip> it is a major choke point in the production sequence. and one of the reasons for the slow production scheduling.

WHAT? Says WHO?

There are *teams* of two builders, not just two builders.

And I guaranty you that those engines are all built long before the car is sold, OR scheduled.

Where do you get your information from?

Phill

WHAT? Says WHO?

There are *teams* of two builders, not just two builders.

And I guaranty you that those engines are all built long before the car is sold, OR scheduled.

Where do you get your information from?

Phill

Where do you get your information from? Show me a 2013 GT500 engine that was built more than a couple of weeks to a month before the car was built. You may be able to come across an over the counter replacement engine built that was built more than a month ado, but I think that will not be the case with a production line GT500 engine.

And in the future, don't misquote me. I never made this statement: "Re: Romeo engine plant builders;".

Also the engines would have to be built before they are sold. As far as being scheduled, I don't believe the engines are built long before the car is scheduled. I think the car is not scheduled until there is an engine available for it's production.

There are *teams* of two builders, not just two builders

Who said there were just two builders? Not me, I didn't even imply that. How many two person teams do you think are assigned the job of building these engines and how many engines do they produce in a week? If you are as well informed as you seem to think you are, this question should be an easy one to answer and you should be able to back it up with verifiable proof.

1. Where do you get your information from?

2. Show me a 2013 GT500 engine that was built more than a couple of weeks to a month before the car was built.

3. And in the future, don't misquote me. I never made this statement: "Re: Romeo engine plant builders;".

4. Also the engines would have to be built before they are sold. As far as being scheduled, I don't believe the engines are built long before the car is scheduled. I think the car is not scheduled until there is an engine available for it's production.

5. How many two person teams do you think are assigned the job of building these engines and how many engines do they produce in a week? If you are as well informed as you seem to think you are, this question should be an easy one to answer and you should be able to back it up with verifiable proof.

1. From the Romeo Engine plant BUILDERS.

2. All of them.

3. That's not a QUOTE, fool. It's a "REGARDING" tag. It refreshes the reader to what subject was being discussed. As in, REGARDING: Romeo Engine plant builders. Are you *serious*? How old are you?

4. "You Think", which means you don't KNOW. If you knew *anything* about automobile production, or manufacturing processes in general, you'd know that there is NO WAY an engine, let alone a niche engine is waiting to be built by the sale or scheduling of the product it goes into.

5. Search for the Romeo Engine Builders thread and their site and you can see *exactly* how many teams there are. There's a photo of them all standing in a group.

You *can* count, can't you?

Stop "thinking" and start learning. HINT: You must *listen* before you can learn.

Phill

Show me the proof, you still haven't shown me anything but your arrogance. You remind me of the classic school yard bully who can only make himself look good by spending all your time trying to make other people look bad. So sad for you. Until you can prove me wrong, your attacks are worthless and I will not respond to anymore of your posts concerning this subject..

Have a good day.

I just got off the phone with the sales manager who told me that as of 7/17 my status on my car is (HOLD SHELBY-ON HOLD). WTF does that mean??

My status is the same, so I am curious to see if there is some hold at the factory as well.

It's almost been 12 weeks since I ordered. Called today, still "in order processing, unscheduled".

Depending on who/what I consult, mine is also in one of these two statuses (i.e., "HOLD SHELBY ON HOLD" or "in order processing"). I placed my order on 18 Jun, receiving a Vehicle Order Confirmation the same day. My Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, dated 12 Jul, shows "HOLD SHELBY ON HOLD." The dealer and SVT, however, are both still reporting status as "in order processing."

Show me the proof, you still haven't shown me anything but your arrogance.

You still haven't answered my question. YOU said, (RE: (i.e. Regarding) Romeo Engine Plant builders); "it is a major choke point in the production sequence. and one of the reasons for the slow production scheduling." That is a direct quote, actually a cut/copy & paste from YOU.

I said, "WHAT? Says WHO?"

I don't have *anything* to prove, YOU DO.

YOU made a statement of fact regarding the Romeo Niche Engine builders being a "major choke point in the production sequence" AND "one of the reasons for the slow production scheduling"...NOT ME!

You asked me who MY source was and I answered your question so again, *I* don't have anything to prove...YOU DO.

You're still stuck on that "Material Hold" issue, at first trying to say your car was held up for some mysterious "unique" bolt, then a Shift Knob and now because the engines are hand built. I told you *exactly* what the "Material Hold" status means and you just flat out refuse to believe it.

Isn't it funny how YOUR car is somehow mysteriously held up on a Material Hold when others that ordered their cars after yours, are built and already delivered?

Your car must be *really* unique, for some mystery part to be holding up the production....Right?

When I outright asked you to cite your sources (i.e. "Says WHO?") you tried to deflect attention away from your purely speculative bullshit and answered my question with a question. News flash: That is not a answer!

Calling me arrogant and a school yard bully is another tired tactic trying to deflect attention away from the fact that you're blowing smoke....AGAIN.

Phill

Depending on who/what I consult, mine is also in one of these two statuses (i.e., "HOLD SHELBY ON HOLD" or "in order processing"). I placed my order on 18 Jun, receiving a Vehicle Order Confirmation the same day. My Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement, dated 12 Jul, shows "HOLD SHELBY ON HOLD." The dealer and SVT, however, are both still reporting status as "in order processing."

As I said in a previous post, I've never seen or heard of that status. I'll ask Robert what it is when I go in next time. I don't know if he can (or will) look up the CH dealer orders but he should be able to tell me what the "HOLD" status is about.

I was under the impression that you already had your car.

Phill

As I said in a previous post, I've never seen or heard of that status. I'll ask Robert what it is when I go in next time. I don't know if he can (or will) look up the CH dealer orders but he should be able to tell me what the "HOLD" status is about.

I was under the impression that you already had your car.

Thanks, Phill! My salesman has been very responsive, but I'd certainly appreciate any insight Robert may have regarding the "HOLD" status. (I suspect it may be related to waiting for the dealership to receive its allocation, but I'm not sure.)

I apologize if I gave the impression of being a current owner. Unfortunately, I'm still playing the waiting game...

Hand assembly for the GT500 motor is done because it is not economically advantages to engineer and impliment a robotic engine assembly protocol for these low #s. Robotic engine assembly is a state of the art process and almost unimagineably precise. Personally I would much prefer an engine that was assembled by a precision, computer controlled machine with laser calibration and quality control. The signatures on these motors are kinda cool but essentially meaningless. Robots aren't showing up for work bitter over a divorce or compromised by the 18 Blue Ribbons they chugged last night. The marketing boys at Ford corporate spin this to their advantage and tout the process as being something extra special when in reality it is what is most economical at this level of mass production.

It must be tough to go through life as cynical as you ...The engine builders at the Romeo Niche line hand assemble these engines they don't do any machining. They use hi tech machines that torque all the head bolts evenly at the same time. I've been to the plant twice now and can attest that they do a fantastic job and they are proud of their work.

It must be tough to go through life as cynical as you ...The engine builders at the Romeo Niche line hand assemble these engines they don't do any machining. They use hi tech machines that torque all the head bolts evenly at the same time. I've been to the plant twice now and can attest that they do a fantastic job and they are proud of their work.

Huh? Cynicism? The point is that the GT500 motors are done the old way to put it simply because its cheaper. That is still true even if you have been there twice. No magic and no more complicated than that. These cars are mass produced whether the buyers of them like or understand that fact.

Huh? Cynicism? The point is that the GT500 motors are done the old way to put it simply because its cheaper. That is still true even if you have been there twice. No magic and no more complicated than that. These cars are mass produced whether the buyers of them like or understand that fact.

This link used to work: http://http://www.nichelinebuilders.com/BUILDERS.html - but is doesn't work for me now...does anyone have a link to the Romeo Niche Builders site?

This link used to work: http://http://www.ni...m/BUILDERS.html - but is doesn't work for me now...does anyone have a link to the Romeo Niche Builders site?

I think they took it down.

The people on the niche line are some of the best engine builders in Ford today. They are highly skilled people who know their jobs. They can only build so many per shift and per week. So if you can build 300 engines a week and get 500 orders in a week, something has wait and it isn't going to be the engines. Its the trickle down effect when one department can't produce what is in demand. I have also been to Romeo two times and I am very good friends with both my engine builders. They are the two best people I have ever met. It probably would be cheaper if they used robots to assemble these engines, I am sure Ford has a few laying around someplace but then these are special engines. Each part is examined thouroghly by the builders before it even gets close to the engine. Robots can't take pride in building the engines like these builders do.

Soap opera done.........

The marketing boys at Ford corporate spin this to their advantage and tout the process as being something extra special when in reality it is what is most economical at this level of mass production.

Tell that to the many people buying hand built exotics

Tell that to the many people buying hand built exotics

A GT500 is NOT a "hand built exotic". I've owned an '08 and am in the market for a '13 and have no delusions of these cars being exclusive, exotic, or rare in any way. These are mass produced, production line generated vehicles. GT500 motors are assembled in the fashion that they are because it is the most ecconomical way to produce relatively small #s of these powerplants. Unfortunately some GT500 enthusiasts see the hand assembly as something Ferrari "esque". NOT, it is simply the cheaper way to build this volume of engines annually.

I don't think any of us think that the GT500 is an exotic car. It is a high powered muscle car at a price the many more people can afford. I guess we are all wrong about the GT500 motors being hand built so tell that to the niche line workers. They take pride in their work and I have seen it first hand.

I don't think any of us think that the GT500 is an exotic car. It is a high powered muscle car at a price the many more people can afford. I guess we are all wrong about the GT500 motors being hand built so tell that to the niche line workers. They take pride in their work and I have seen it first hand.

Tell the niche line workers what? What don't they know? They allready know that they are paid to go through the motions to assemble these motors because it is cheaper for the manufacturer to do it this way. This is no great revelation by any means.

Tell the niche line workers what? What don't they know? They allready know that they are paid to go through the motions to assemble these motors because it is cheaper for the manufacturer to do it this way. This is no great revelation by any means.

OK Speedy.. What are you trying to tell us now?.. One post you say that the NEW 5.8 motor is a truck motor and not as good as a NEW 5.0.. and then on another post you say that anyone that finances thier Shelby is some kind of a Nut ..and then on this one you TRY to say that a Hand Built Motor is Not as good as a CNC built one..Please give everyone here that Really Knows what it takes to build a Limited Production Product some Credit !.. PS ..I hear some of you GM Forums Calling.. :hysterical2:

OK Speedy.. What are you trying to tell us now?.. One post you say that the NEW 5.8 motor is a truck motor and not as good as a NEW 5.0.. and then on another post you say that anyone that finances thier Shelby is some kind of a Nut ..and then on this one you TRY to say that a Hand Built Motor is Not as good as a CNC built one..Please give everyone here that Really Knows what it takes to build a Limited Production Product some Credit !.. PS ..I hear some of you GM Forums Calling.. :hysterical2:

Anyone that really knows? Obviously that is not you as we all know that the only limit to this car is how many they can sell. You must have missed that memo.

Anyone that really knows? Obviously that is not you as we all know that the only limit to this car is how many they can sell. You must have missed that memo.

Nice try speedy.. Limited has to do with the number of Shelby's to the total number of Mustang's..You still don't get it.

Nice try speedy.. Limited has to do with the number of Shelby's to the total number of Mustang's..You still don't get it.

I was "trying" to explain something to you. Your inappropriate use of the word limited in this context demonstrates a lack of knowledge and understanding here. Thats OK until you attempt to argue a senseless, unrealistic point. No one who wanted a GT500 has ultimately gone without one proivided they were willing and able to pay a reasonable price. That price has been quite favoravble in many instances as there are more GT500s built for consumption than there are willing buyers at sticker price. Retailer discounts along with factory incentives clear the majority of the unsold units but some still remain in dealer stock for years. A small amount of research on your part would disclose these facts for you and dispell your simple notions about these cars being "Limited" or "Rare". These cars have been built by the tens of thousands at this point and there are still simpletons out there who wanna believe that they are hard to come by. That is NOT the case now and never has been, wake up.

To my knowledge, there has only been one time that you were able to get a rebate or plan price on the GT500 and that was either in 2008 or 2009. All other years, the car has not been approved for any discount plans like the X plan or even a rebate. The old ones that have never sold on dealer lots are the dealers fault. They placed a high price on these cars and was unwilling to sell for anything less. Those are the simpletons in my opinion.

To my knowledge, there has only been one time that you were able to get a rebate or plan price on the GT500 and that was either in 2008 or 2009. All other years, the car has not been approved for any discount plans like the X plan or even a rebate. The old ones that have never sold on dealer lots are the dealers fault. They placed a high price on these cars and was unwilling to sell for anything less. Those are the simpletons in my opinion.

What about the 2012s? Wasn't there a $2500 - incentive/rebate offered to handle the leftovers?

I was "trying" to explain something to you. Your inappropriate use of the word limited in this context demonstrates a lack of knowledge and understanding here. Thats OK until you attempt to argue a senseless, unrealistic point. No one who wanted a GT500 has ultimately gone without one proivided they were willing and able to pay a reasonable price. That price has been quite favoravble in many instances as there are more GT500s built for consumption than there are willing buyers at sticker price. Retailer discounts along with factory incentives clear the majority of the unsold units but some still remain in dealer stock for years. A small amount of research on your part would disclose these facts for you and dispell your simple notions about these cars being "Limited" or "Rare". These cars have been built by the tens of thousands at this point and there are still simpletons out there who wanna believe that they are hard to come by. That is NOT the case now and never has been, wake up.

I got your Wake Up DA.. I work for a dealership in the service departmemt and have for the past 12 years.. You come on all the Forums and try to tell anyone that will listen this, that or the other and make little if any since.. You Do Not know what you are talking about and you still spout your constant BS!!

Incentives on GT500s actually began in the initial 2007 year with 0% financing. '08 had $3000, '09 had $2500. Don't know about the 10s or 11s. 2012 GT500s can currently be purchased with over $8000 discounts which include the $3000 incentive on the '12. Motor Trend is showing a $1000 rebate on the 2013 GT500.

I got your Wake Up DA.. I work for a dealership in the service departmemt and have for the past 12 years.. You come on all the Forums and try to tell anyone that will listen this, that or the other and make little if any since.. You Do Not know what you are talking about and you still spout your constant BS!!

So you are a tech or mechanic in a dealership. Judging from your posts you are barely literate. Probably explains why some dealerships can't do an oil change without screwing it up. Yeah, I'd let a goon like you touch my $70,000 car, indeed.

Motor Trend is showing a $1000 rebate on the 2013 GT500.

Can you provide a link or page number and date if you are referencing a monthly magazine issue concerning the rebate?

The X-plan did apply to the 2012's. Last time I checked, there were still a few 2012's sitting on dealers lots.

The signatures on these motors are kinda cool but essentially meaningless. Robots aren't showing up for work bitter over a divorce or compromised by the 18 Blue Ribbons they chugged last night. The marketing boys at Ford corporate spin this to their advantage and tout the process as being something extra special when in reality it is what is most economical at this level of mass production.

Just looking at this cynical statement alone.... Yes cynicism is a good way to describe it since you are bent on disparaging the good folks who have been hand chosen by Ford to work on the Romeo Niche line to assemble these special engines...and yes they are specially built and engineered engines set apart from any other Ford builds except the Boss302 engine which is also build on the Romeo Niche line if I'm not mistaken. BTW nobody said they weren't a mass produced car in fact Ford said they were when they said it had the most HP of any mass produced V8 automobile.

BTW if I'm not mistaken the Corvette ZR1's engine is also put together by one technician.....not even two like the Shelby's engine. They must really be saving a lot of taxpayers dollars over at Gov Motors on that $125,000 Vette. Perhaps the ZL1 engine is mass produced by a machine ....maybe that's the car you should buy instead.of the one put together by drunks and bitter divorcees.

Archived