TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Getting "Intrusion Attempt" block by Norton from this site

twobjshelbys

I am getting a Norton alert about blocking an attack:

IPS Alert Name = Web Attack: Exploit Toolkit Website 8

Attacking Computer: 212.85.116.21 (twice tonight), 89.161.172.147,

Source Address: (Same as above)

The IP addresses reverse DNS to Poland.

I can't tell when they occur, but it is on the pages that are heavy with ads. Are any of the ad sub-pages linked to other sites? That site may be polluted.

This is the first time it is happening to me. I am using Firefox.

MY Firefox won't even let me on here.

I'm on using IE8, "InPrivate" mode. Regular mode won't let me on either. I get the same Dynamic Link Libray file that is reported above....

Phill

The site says that the threats have been removed, but that's not so. I got the same alert as I mentioned above when I signed on to the site just now. Something is still amiss....

Same here. same message...different day.

Just happened to me again right now - 9:56PM MDT.

yep...and I still get this every day:

teamshelby.com

red-xbg2.gif

McAfee TrustedSource web reputation analysis found potential security risks with this site. Use with extreme caution.

Are you the owner of this site? Leave a comment

What is TrustedSource? Contact information: Popularity

Did you problem on your computer go away and than come back again?

I'm not the I.T. person for Team Shelby, but I did look through the files that were breached in the past and didn't find anything.

I did write I.T. an e-mail about this right after the first report came in.

I'm not the I.T. person for Team Shelby, but I did look through the files that were breached in the past and didn't find anything.

My problem warning never went away.

Robert, just got my computer back from having the virus removed that I got from this site 3 day ago. Anybody reading this DO NOT click on the Live Security Platinum icon or anything else associated with this since that IS PART OF THE VIRUS. Cost me $150 to have Staples run their virus removal twice to get rid of all the viruses. Eventhough my virus protection did quarantine it I somehow still activated it and at one point it was trying to get my credit card number. I know SAI does all it can but I know I got this when I was getting into the site and something for some kind of world investment web site came up (I dont remember the exact name now) and then the Live Security Platinum came up with it immediately. Anyway, fyi.

GOOD GOD!!!!! McAfee updated today, STILL getting the "whoa, are you sure you want to go there?" WTF???? Is anyone addressing this at the mother ship or are we just expected to put our computers at risk? This is the only thread I will visit until I am no longer getting the big red X.

GOOD GOD!!!!! McAfee updated today, STILL getting the "whoa, are you sure you want to go there?" WTF???? Is anyone addressing this at the mother ship or are we just expected to put our computers at risk? This is the only thread I will visit until I am no longer getting the big red X.

Did you clear your cookies and browsing history?

Phill

Yep and still getting the red box from McAfee.

I was getting alerts with Firefox but I haven't since they "fixed it". I don't use MS IE anymore.

What browser are you guys using?

Phill

+2

I've been avoiding this site as well.

Still getting the same Macafee warning as above with both cleared cookies and browsing history.

Archived