TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First 2013 GT500 on True Forged wheels

finally got a set of TFs on a new GT500. these are Chicanes (naturally ;-)) in 20x9.5 20x11. 3 piece with brushed aluminum centers and polished lips.

the customer wanted to make sure they tucked so we pulled the wheels in a little from the standard offset we use. tires are Nitto 555 in 265/35/20 and 555R in 305/35/20.

hoping to have more/better pics soon which ill post up.

love this color combo :coolman:

IMG_7745.jpg

a1photo8.jpg

photo7x.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

photo6x.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5xxxx.jpg

photo5x.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

aphoto5xx.jpg

finally got a set of TFs on a new GT500. these are Chicanes (naturally ;-)) in 20x9.5 20x11. 3 piece with brushed aluminum centers and polished lips.

the customer wanted to make sure they tucked so we pulled the wheels in a little from the standard offset we use. tires are Nitto 555 in 265/35/20 and 555R in 305/35/20.

hoping to have more/better pics soon which ill post up.

love this color combo :coolman:

IMG_7745.jpg

a1photo8.jpg

photo7x.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo6-1.jpg

photo6x.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo5xxxx.jpg

photo5x.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo4.jpg

aphoto5xx.jpg

Now that looks awesome on the GT500.... :rockon:

The trend in the high performance cars seems to be dark wheels not chrome or polished alum anymore. The new ZL1 looks better in black wheels and so does the 13 GT500. The car looks like it's back in the 07-09 years.

How much for a set without tires?

a set like this, with polished lips as these, $3300 shipped. with chrome lips, $3500.

The trend seems to be dark wheels not chrome anymore. The new ZL1 looks better in black wheels and so does the 13 GT500.

good thing these arent chrome :shift:

most of the wheels we sell for gt500s are brushed aluminum just like these. we sell more of the darker colored wheels to the terminator crowd

Steve,

Are those exact wheel sizes & offsets (and tires sizes) a true bolt on solution?

Zero mods on the car?

yes and no. he wanted them in a little. this is .25" in from our standard offset we use for gt500s. its the offset we use for running 315s. with the 2013s, ford has added some kind of trunk carpet like material to the inner fender wells. with this particular backspacing and tire size (or bigger) it was rubbing on that "carpet". its easily removeable so he had the dealer just pull it off. here are some pics he sent me

photo8.jpg

photo4x.jpg

he he gone with our standard backspacing for this set up, he would have been able to leave it in there. 95% of our gt500 customers get the standard offset.

photo4x.jpgphoto8.jpg

Steve,

Can you post some pictures of other styles available for the 13 Shelby?

just got to our website. ALL of our designs can be made for the 13 shelby. we have a section in our customer vehicle gallery for GT500s. the 2010-2012 look almost the same so you can get a very good idea of what some styles/finishes/sizes will look like. im offering an extra discount on sets for 2013 GT500s only, for a limited time. 18" through 20".

I honestly would love a set of TF wheels all black at some point

ive got a set right now, in all satin black, that i could sell for a reduced price

The trend in the high performance cars seems to be dark wheels not chrome or polished alum anymore. The new ZL1 looks better in black wheels and so does the 13 GT500. The car looks like it's back in the 07-09 years.

I agree...and I don't think the overall wheel design works at all with the current body style. It's a nice wheel for something else perhaps...but I would take the stock base or SVTPP wheel over it in a second. No thanks.

I agree...and I don't think the overall wheel design works at all with the current body style. It's a nice wheel for something else perhaps...but I would take the stock base or SVTPP wheel over it in a second. No thanks.

Now that looks alot better even GREAT !!!

I think it's an age thing and not a performance car trend to dark wheels at all...I would say guys 45 and up will look to chrome or

brightly painted wheels over dark ones...the guys under that age are going to tend to go with darker wheels I think the first Fast

and the Furious movie sorta started that whole dark wheel trend or ricer look IMO.

I think it's an age thing and not a performance car trend to dark wheels at all...I would say guys 45 and up will look to chrome or

brightly painted wheels over dark ones...the guys under that age are going to tend to go with darker wheels I think the first Fast

and the Furious movie sorta started that whole dark wheel trend or ricer look IMO.

+1. While I respect those that love them, I don't particularily like dark wheels... and I'm just slightly over 45. Even if this was indeed a trend, I couldn't care less. No trend is going to tell me what I'm supposed to like. If I hapen to like something that is trendy, fine; if not, I will still buy what I like and won't bother with the trend. I still think these wheels look great, no matter what the trend is. By the way, as far as I know, the recently unveiled Shelby 1000 didn't have dark wheels.

+1. While I respect those that love them, I don't particularily like dark wheels... and I'm just slightly over 45. Even if this was indeed a trend, I couldn't care less. No tend is going to tell me what I'm supposed to like. If I hapen to like something that is trendy, fine; if not, I will still buy what I like and won't bother with the trend. I still think these wheels look great, no matter what the trend is. By the way, as far as I know, the recently unveiled Shelby 1000 didn't have dark wheels.

I like Chrome or Aluminum on dark colored cars.

I like Grey painted finish on yellow cars.

One White cars I like classy patina looking Gold wheels.

Those are my likes!

I agree taste in wheels can be affected greatly by what we grew up with. It also is affected by what we think looks best on that particular model and color car or truck.

Being over 50 I tend to like a brighter wheel as opposed to a blacked or even an accent colored wheel.....when I grew up in the early days fancy hub-caps were the only way to customize your wheels...lol then Crager and American Racing came on the scene and the rest is history

I don't think age has anything to do with chrome or dark wheels. The car companies set the trend . I think the 07-09 Shelby's look good in polished wheels. The 2013 muscle cars look good in dark wheels. I hated the 07 black SGT with black wheels when it first came out. Now I like it cause I got used to it. I think alot of old hot rodders like chrome where ever they can put it. I am over 50 and like the trend the car companies are coming up with.The 2013 Boss 302 would look terrible in polished alum wheels. Look @ Porsche and the Exotics for choice of wheels. If the public did not follow trends we would still have white wall tires on our Shelby's. Chrome around the windows and YES even tail fins. The studerbaker would still be around today without change.

Check out the Roush Boss that won @ Daytona 2012.

The ZL1

post-9597-0-32820100-1342450777_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-98047000-1342451185_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-34451700-1342451496_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-32820100-1342450777_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-98047000-1342451185_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-34451700-1342451496_thumb.jpg

Check out the Boss 302 Grand Am race car....looks really hot with the aluminum BBS wheels. I just think the wheels on this topic need to be toned down a bit. The car speaks for itself...no sense in trying to take away from it with a set of flashy wheels. Less is more sometimes....and the wheels should compliment the car...not steal the show.

.wheels1.jpg

I don't think age has anything to do with chrome or dark wheels. The car companies set the trend . I think the 07-09 Shelby's look good in polished wheels. The 2013 muscle cars look good in dark wheels. I hated the 07 black SGT with black wheels when it first came out. Now I like it cause I got used to it. I think alot of old hot rodders like chrome where ever they can put it. I am over 50 and like the trend the car companies are coming up with.The 2013 Boss 302 would look terrible in polished alum wheels. Look @ Porsche and the Exotics for choice of wheels. If the public did not follow trends we would still have white wall tires on our Shelby's. Chrome around the windows and YES even tail fins. The studerbaker would still be around today without change.

Check out the Roush Boss that won @ Daytona 2012.

The ZL1

I have to respectfully disagree...I had an 07 GT500 and the only thing I didn't like on the car was the wheels and IMO they have went downhill

with the wheels since...On avg it's totally an age thing not saying ever single person but way more than avg age will determine what wheel color

looks best on cars...Look at the SS's..those chrome or polished Alcoes are the best looking wheel ever put on any Stang..put the Alcoes on

a V6 stang and it'll make it look better..again JMO..and I do respect the guys that go for the dark wheels to each his own it's what they like but if

you were to take a poll on who likes the dark wheels over bright ones you'll see that the age group with the dark will be below 45...And as far as the

GT500 of the 07-09 looked better with the wheels they had and the 10-12 GT500 look better with dark just look at the SS from 07 to now Alcoes from

the factory and they ain't dark.

I agree taste in wheels can be affected greatly by what we grew up with. It also is affected by what we think looks best on that particular model and color car or truck.

Being over 50 I tend to like a brighter wheel as opposed to a blacked or even an accent colored wheel.....when I grew up in the early days fancy hub-caps were the only way to customize your wheels...lol then Crager and American Racing came on the scene and the rest is history

LOL'''Yeah I remember those hub-caps also and yes when the chrome Cragars came out every darn car of every brand had them on.

I have to respectfully disagree...I had an 07 GT500 and the only thing I didn't like on the car was the wheels and IMO they have went downhill

with the wheels since...On avg it's totally an age thing not saying ever single person but way more than avg age will determine what wheel color

looks best on cars...Look at the SS's..those chrome or polished Alcoes are the best looking wheel ever put on any Stang..put the Alcoes on

a V6 stang and it'll make it look better..again JMO..and I do respect the guys that go for the dark wheels to each his own it's what they like but if

you were to take a poll on who likes the dark wheels over bright ones you'll see that the age group with the dark will be below 45...And as far as the

GT500 of the 07-09 looked better with the wheels they had and the 10-12 GT500 look better with dark just look at the SS from 07 to now Alcoes from

the factory and they ain't dark.

What the hell is a stang ? LOL

Archived