TEAM SHELBY FORUM

hood still hot after car is off

svt13

So sometimes when my car is off for say 20-30 minutes. when I open the hood the top of the hood and the prop stick are really hot. Is that normal?

Of course it is...man no disrespect meant here but did you ever own a car before ?...eng are hot and will get hotter when shut off

for a bit as no cooling fluid is being pumped through the eng.

So sometimes when my car is off for say 20-30 minutes. when I open the hood the top of the hood and the prop stick are really hot. Is that normal?

My 2012 stays hot for a long time after a good run. I normally raise the hood and leave it open in the garage to cool the engine more quickly.

Of course it is...man no disrespect meant here but did you ever own a car before ?...eng are hot and will get hotter when shut off

for a bit as no cooling fluid is being pumped through the eng.

My other cars were not burning hot to the point that I could barely touch the prop rod though 30-40 minutes after shutting it off. Plus this car has so much ventilation it surprised me

My other cars were not burning hot to the point that I could barely touch the prop rod though 30-40 minutes after shutting it off. Plus this car has so much ventilation it surprised me

Did your other cars have a SC on top of the eng ?..those things are hot and will stay hot for a long time..there may be alot

of vents but the car ain't moving so no air flow to cool it down.

I had the Ford GT out in high ambient temperatures this last week and through the glass partition you could see the "heat waves" coming off the engine. Superchargers add to the heat generated in the engine compartment. When I drag raced my SGT/SC I would raise the hood after the run to let it cool faster.

Buy the Redline Hood struts and never touch your hood prop again, and I also after driving raise my hood for engine to cool down, in the winter time warms up the garage !

I have the redline struts I am just waiting for the new mounts to come before I install them

The same thing happens to me with a 2012 BOSS... And I noticed that this engine compartment seems to be sealed more from the outside elements than my 2007 SGT... The lower portion of the front end is covered a lot better as well as the covers on the radiator support and other seals... Have driven it in the rain with absolutely none of the dirty road water being sucked up into the engine compartment...

Car runs just fine going down the road... But the heat will build up once the airflow has stopped...

Yep !! I leave my hood oppen for a few hours after every drive and in Garage . I found that the heat is Hot after & thought That it's the only way too cool her down

Archived