TEAM SHELBY FORUM

tedj's 2013 GT500 - 1st one in Vancouver, WA

Grabber

A few months ago I put my good friend Ted in contact with the fleet manager at Vancouver Ford for a MSRP deal on a loaded 2013 GT500. I have been tracking the car ever since it was built on June 18th. The rail car arrived in Portland Oregon Monday after a 9 day trip from the Ford Factory in MI. The transport truck delivered the car to the dealership today. It is still setting there and now the car needs to be prepped so Ted can pick it up. Hopefully that can happen tomorrow. The Fleet guy is on Vacation until Friday so Ted may have to wait if his order can't be processed.

I took some pic's of Ted's car as it sits right now. The trucker sandwiched it in with a new 2013 Escape and another new car and the fence so no one could get near the car. The car looks so darn cool and I'm planning on going with Ted to pick it up when he takes delivery. I will take some arrival pic's when he picks the car up and I am looking forward to going for a ride in it.

For now, these pic's will have to do. The car looks awesome and as you can see by the window sticker is fully loaded except for the glass roof. NICE !!!! :drool:

024.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rob, I called Roger this afternoon and he said he would be at work tomorrow. He thinks they can have it prepped tomorrow so I will call him in the morning and may head over there mid morning to do the paperwork. I will give you a call when I head over there.

Rob, thank you for posting pics of Ted's beautiful car! This is EXACTLY the car I ordered except I didn't get the cover. Cannot wait to get it but these pics help hold me over. Congrats Ted!!

Thanks, it looks like we will be having fun this weekend! Hopefully yours will arrive shortly.

Rob, I called Roger this afternoon and he said he would be at work tomorrow. He thinks they can have it prepped tomorrow so I will call him in the morning and may head over there mid morning to do the paperwork. I will give you a call when I head over there.

Cool, Be sure to call me a little early if you could. happy%20feet.gif

Cool, Be sure to call me a little early if you could. happy%20feet.gif

Ok, I am going to work in the morning and I will call Roger soon as he gets in. I am going to head over there from work when they are ready. I will keep you up to date. Probably won't get much sleep tonight...

Ok, I am going to work in the morning and I will call Roger soon as he gets in. I am going to head over there from work when they are ready. I will keep you up to date. Probably won't get much sleep tonight...

There is a real cozy spot by your car on the other side of the fence on that big concrete retaining wall block. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Mine will be in in a couple weeks, same color but I went with the white stripes. COngrats Ted.

Thanks Jim! I was torn between black and white stripes, I like them both.

There is a real cozy spot by your car on the other side of the fence on that big concrete retaining wall block. :hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Yeah, I thought about that for a second.

Great pics, thanks for sharing, new color looks bad ass.

Couldn't help but notice the window sticker, ( Vehicle Description ) - Mustang ?....... My window sticker, MY 2011, vehicle description is Shelby..

Thanks guys! The car is awesome, I love everything about it. Only thing I need to get used to is the clutch, my 10 would start to engage shortly after the pedal left the floor. This one has nothing until about 3/4 out and then it all hooks up. Works fine I just need to adjust. I purchased weathertech floor liners for the front and weathertech mats for the rear. Trimmed the rear mats and they fit great. The front liners fit like a glove.

Here is a heads up:

I also bought some new JLT oil separators for both sides. The passenger side fit fine but the drivers side hits the hood. I had to remove it. I have an email in to JLT to see what's up with that.

Ted or anyone with a GT500,

Is there a PCV valve on the drivers side valve cover? If so, can you check for the direction of flow? I am trying to determine if the valve cover fitting that the drivers side JLT oil separator connects to is a PCV valve or a straight fitting without a check valve. If it is a check valve, does the air flow into the engine or out to the intake tube?

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but my dad has been driving his black 'vert around the 'couve for almost two weeks now. happy%20feet.gif

There is only one Ford dealer in Vancouver WA. They have 2 allotments and tedj received there first one and was able to take delivery yesterday. It was really fun watching him take delivery of it and even funner getting to take it out for a drive. After Ted put 10 miles on it, he gave me the keys to put the next 10 miles on it. What a nice car ! The gear ratio is very much improved and the ride is awesome too. Gotta love that new Candy red color.

Here is Ted taking delivery:

062.jpg

066.jpg

065.jpg

077.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

Archived