TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rumor that needs clarification

I was talking to a friend the other night and he informed me that Ford was going to discontinue the Mustang and there would be no more Shelby GT500 cars available from Ford.

Bear in mind that this individual was a salesman at the local Ford dealership and is now a salesman at the Government Motors Chevrolet local dealership.

I was wondering if anyone has heard this rumor. I am sure that he was not being untruthful on purpose but maybe misinformed. Irregrdless, I will stay with my F150 King Ranch and my 2011 Shelby GT500. After three Corvettes (2004, 2006 and 2008) I do not regret buying the Shelby. More fun to drive and you do not meet yourself on the road in our area! There are a lot of Mustangs but very few Shelby's!

The only thing vaguely close to that I've been told was by a reputable ford salesman on another forum. He said the '14 Shelby would be the same as the current one. In 2015 when the new platform comes out do not expect to see a Shelby for 1 or 2 years and then it will be back.

Thanks. About what I expected to hear. Why would Ford stop producing a better looking and better vehicle than the Chevrolet Camaro. To me they Camaro looks like a cartoon car sort of like the stupid convertible truck that was under-powered.

There's also the little fact that Ford has already announced the Mustang 50th anniversary event. I'm sure this would be the perfect venue to announce that there is no more Mustang. I'm sure that's the plan for the event........ :)

Archived