TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelbys Across Canada: Dearborn To Halifax, NS.

robertlane

I have been interested in this Canada trip since it was first mentioned........but its less and less likely I can participate with the lack of firm dates and itinerary.

11th hour...........clock is ticking.~!

You make a very good point my friend.

Glad to see there is still some interest out there. Was starting to get the feeling that it was going to be allowed to just fade away. I canceled plans to go to the Bash in favor of this event. A driving tour of this area of Canada has always been on our bucket list, just never had the proper "motivation". Vacation time has already been reserved (must be done almost a year in advance) so we will be going regardless. But it would sure be more enjoyable with our Team Shelby brethren!

Although I'm sure not looking forward to driving that many miles without a radar detector! B)

• 2 weeks later...

My first post ...... my wife and I are interested in this proposed caravan from Dearborn to Halifax. Would like to have an idea on what the time frame will be for booking vacation time. Looking forward to driving the car and seeing eastern portion of Canada with fellow TS members ...... Barry

We still don't have firm plans as of yet

We need the Dearborn dates to be set and to get the Ontario Region plans set in place and the bash will be taking all of the director's time up and we can send updates after the event

Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not updating you on what is happening . It has been canceled for this year as we are still working with SAI in setting up the Regional Club which requires alot items to be cleared before we go ahead.

We hope to be able to hold a track day this year sometime in the fall we will keep you posted.

It seems that this event has been sadly doomed since the beginning almost ..... too much attention being paid to the Vegas Bash was the first reason I seemed to sense. An event of this magnitude needs to be in the planning stages atleast a year ahead to be able to properly allow members to get holiday plans arranged and hotel blocks reserved along the way ..... perhaps a lesson learned for the "next" time. Think there should be enough interest Robert for you to try again. Our cars need to be driven and enjoyed.

• 1 month later...

Who are the members living in Canada, near Quebec and Ontario interested by a shorter replacement trip ? Let say, this could start in Ontario and end up in Nova Scotia, catching up member along the road.

Anyone ?

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Some local guys from Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are doing a Cabot Trail run. The run will be on September 13. We will stay in Badeck on the 12, and 13th. The Friday and Sunday will be getting there and back.

The trip was conceived on a forum 'Mustang Canada'. Here's a link.... http://mustangcanada.com/forums/lounge/12388-mc-2014-fall-cruise-ns-edition.html This is not specifically a Shelby run. Any one is welcome though.

BTW the ferry from Portland to Nova Scotia reopened this year.

Some local guys from Nova Scotia and New Brunswick are doing a Cabot Trail run. The run will be on September 13. We will stay in Badeck on the 12, and 13th. The Friday and Sunday will be getting there and back.

The trip was conceived on a forum 'Mustang Canada'. Here's a link.... http://mustangcanada.com/forums/lounge/12388-mc-2014-fall-cruise-ns-edition.html This is not specifically a Shelby run. Any one is welcome though.

BTW the ferry from Portland to Nova Scotia reopened this year.

Wow sounds like a good time in store for all.

• 1 month later...

Were hoping to make it happen next year. We have some of the plans already laid out.

Any updates on this possibility of this trip happening sometime? I know its been a while since any posts here, but I still think this would be an awesome experience.

Car shows are OK, conventions & anniversary celebrations are OK, but I get the most enjoyment out of my car when I'm DRIVING it. Longer, the better (within reason).

• 2 years later...

Bumping this OLD thread!

My wife and I just got back from a 10 day New England/Canadian cruise.... Our last port was the beautiful city of Halifax, both my wife and I would love to revisit the city again, just not enough time when you're only in port for a few hours.

Any chance this could get off the ground? We'd love to see Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto!

Bumping this OLD thread!

My wife and I just got back from a 10 day New England/Canadian cruise.... Our last port was the beautiful city of Halifax, both my wife and I would love to revisit the city again, just not enough time when you're only in port for a few hours.

Any chance this could get off the ground? We'd love to see Quebec City, Montreal and Toronto!

To get this going is going to require more help in the organizing the even`t & survey of how many people will which would require a week to complete the trip . The initial plan was to run from Detroit where our cars started life ending at Halifax with a car show at the hotel . We do have some of plan but ,it needs fine tuning & some sponsorship .

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kstrong said:

Any plans for this trip? Any plans for any trip?

Great question.......

Why not see if SMC Events would put something together, it seems like all his project are well planned and top notch. Love to go in the fall of 2020 (already have a trip booked for this year).

On 6/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, 08SGT1234 said:

Great question.......

Why not see if SMC Events would put something together, it seems like all his project are well planned and top notch. Love to go in the fall of 2020 (already have a trip booked for this year).

Would also love to take my Shelby and then wife on a trip to Nova Scotia in 2020. Getting married September 2019, even an Autumn trip somewhere would be nice.

Maybe we should reach out to Sean.....

• 1 year later...

Sad this trip didn't take place.. Nova Scotia is a gorgeous place to visit and the Cabot Trail is among the best to travel in the world....I only live about

a half hour drive from the beginning of the Trail and drive it al least once every year especially in the fall.