TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Video of GT500 With Interview

Guest staff2

Click on link It is around 10minutes.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-movies/04-15-06...ShelbyGT500.htm

Be still my beating heart!!! I'm putting this on my Treo so I can play it every day til my car arrives!

Thank you...thank you...thank you!

bj :happy feet:

Some good info in the video, that's for sure. But what gets me is that basically, some average Joe reporter asked a ton of questions, and got his answers, ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom. That's more than their willing to tell those folks who are willing to spend the mighty dollar (times 40,000 if the estimates are correct). Pretty raw deal, if you ask me. Maybe a rep should have a Q and A with the select group of people who have already committed to buy their as yet unpriced vehicle. Just my $02.

Some good info in the video, that's for sure. But what gets me is that basically, some average Joe reporter asked a ton of questions, and got his answers, ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom. That's more than their willing to tell those folks who are willing to spend the mighty dollar (times 40,000 if the estimates are correct). Pretty raw deal, if you ask me. Maybe a rep should have a Q and A with the select group of people who have already committed to buy their as yet unpriced vehicle. Just my $02.

I'll make you a deal. I have a contract on a GT500. You know...legal document, an exact price (MSRP plus a couple of grand) and everything in writing...on a buyer's order. You set up the Ford rep to have a talk with me...I'll make the phone call...I'll record it all on broadcast quality, have it edited for time and make it available for download, Podcast, whatever format you'd like. Tell them I have a contract and a cashed/;cancelled check for proof and we're off to the races.

My only bitch about the video was that the kid obviously did it with a camera equal to a Razor phone and the audio sounded about the same. I'd have loved to have heard all that exhaust through a real mic!

The interviewer didn't get anything from that guy that wasn't already said or wasn't already available. I was tickled to get that much close up video and audio.

Mays had already said SVT was alive and well two days ago. The 485 figure has been out for a week. In fact, a 438 REAR figure is out (read: 503.7 at the crank, factoring in 15% but they don't seem to be losing 15% thru the driveline). The SAE testing is the only thing that's holding back a price...it is literally whether or not to put the guzzler tax in before or after MSRP. Call "Ford Performance"....they'll tell you that right on the phone.

Prices within the next two weeks. Dealers will know their full allotments and potential build dates released mid May. They have enough transmissions alloted for the 7500 figure and yes, they'll build more IF they can get the trannys. Not new news.

So...again...I'll do a pro-grade interview (as a paying customer) if someone wants to set it up. The studio is available whenever I need it). Let me know. I'll be glad to help in any way.

bj

The sound of this car makes me feel kinda funny...like climbing rope in gym class. :D :burnout:

Talking about horsepower, it's interesting that he said they put it in the owner's manual at at leat 485. If it's in the owner's manual, why are they still sticking with the 475 number up to now? :shrug:

The pictures were not sharp enough for me to tell. Sometimes the same car looked too high in the back, sometimes it looked the same as the front.

Obviously the easiest way on all of us is for Ford to do it right. The concept car was clearly an inch lower than the Mustang GT next to it in the head-on shot. The press kit picture of the GT500 from this January's show shows the car level and without (to me) an excessive gap for a factory suspension. I have read of instances where show cars have their suspensions compressed and clamped to look lower. I hope the January picture is correct - maybe someone from the AAI plant could tell us what they look like when then roll off the line. The preproduction cars, I would presume, are the same as the final production version.

Probably need to start a thread on the easiest way to lower the stance without any major modification that would negatively effect the value.

:D Eibach ProKit..........lowers 1-1.5 inches front and rear with factory ride qualities. My buddy has installed at least a dozen now on 2005-2006 stangs............easy to do and all are happy. MM&FF installed one not too long ago in one of their articles and loved it............and also said easy to do.

Let me introduce myself, as I'm new here. I shot the Shelby GT500 video in Berkeley. I shot it w/a Broadcast Sony digital cam & post-produced it on a broadcast sytem. We hosted the vid to 'You Tube' 'cause it was free, but, limited to bandwith, so the resolution was low & also frames were skipped.

I'm no Joe average reporter, I own a Cobra, open track & have been buliding Fords for over 43 years & also happen to be a media guy & member of the Shelby Club in Northern California. The club rounded up the vintage '60's GT500's, thanks to Walt Boeninger. I heard about the event the day it happened. I didn't intend to publish it on the web, just shot it for myself, fellow Cobra addicts, friends & to share w/the Shelby Club. I asked Ford SVT's Jay O'Connell questions about the Shelby's that I needed answered as a potential owner.

I, like all of us, am really interested in this Shelby GT500 & would buy one after seeing them, sans the exhorbiant markup we all are anticipating from the dealers. Sorry if the web vid is not up to the highest

quality. It always bums me out to see the original & then watch it on the web so compromised.

But, hey, it's free & at the time i posted it, some of the only video longer than a few seconds.

Hope the vid helped some of you with questions about this new great Shelby GT500.

mel888

Let me introduce myself, as I'm new here. I shot the Shelby GT500 video in Berkeley.

Thanks Mel888. Great video. Hard to believe some still don't understand the concept of reducing resolution due to bandwidth limitations. That was the best video and interview I've seen so far.

Let me introduce myself, as I'm new here. I shot the Shelby GT500 video in Berkeley.

Hope the vid helped some of you with questions about this new great Shelby GT500.

mel888

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the site. Neat seeing all the cars together... too bad Jay wasn't willing/able to answer many of the questions fully.

Thanks again.

Let me introduce myself, as I'm new here. I shot the Shelby GT500 video in Berkeley. I shot it w/a Broadcast Sony digital cam & post-produced it on a broadcast sytem. We hosted the vid to 'You Tube' 'cause it was free, but, limited to bandwith, so the resolution was low & also frames were skipped.

I'm no Joe average reporter, I own a Cobra, open track & have been buliding Fords for over 43 years & also happen to be a media guy & member of the Shelby Club in Northern California. The club rounded up the vintage '60's GT500's, thanks to Walt Boeninger. I heard about the event the day it happened. I didn't intend to publish it on the web, just shot it for myself, fellow Cobra addicts, friends & to share w/the Shelby Club. I asked Ford SVT's Jay O'Connell questions about the Shelby's that I needed answered as a potential owner.

I, like all of us, am really interested in this Shelby GT500 & would buy one after seeing them, sans the exhorbiant markup we all are anticipating from the dealers. Sorry if the web vid is not up to the highest

quality. It always bums me out to see the original & then watch it on the web so compromised.

But, hey, it's free & at the time i posted it, some of the only video longer than a few seconds.

mel888

Do you have it in another format? The quick time player I have doesn't load it up & I can not view it. Thanks

Do you have it in another format? The quick time player I have doesn't load it up & I can not view it. Thanks

Thanks for the video I have a decent sound system on my PC and the sound from the video was exciting. I also learned a few things thanks for posting this video.

mel888

It must have been lots of fun being around that many GT500's and getting to do such a lengthy interview with SVT's second in charge. That was probably even better than if the interview was conducted with HTT. Thanks for sharing!

I'm no Joe average reporter, I own a Cobra, open track & have been buliding Fords for over 43 years & also happen to be a media guy & member of the Shelby Club in Northern California.

Perhaps I should rephrase. I apologize for the bluntness, I just drew conclusions based on the information I had available (as far as the Mustang mags not being able to get info, you'll see that below). Basically, what I was getting at is that these folks (the SVT people you spoke to) aren't even willing to give information to magazine editors at this point. Everything is very shady, and what little bit of info they DO provide is marginal, at best. I think you did a fantastic job at getting that information for the people, but at the same time, I think it's sorta wrong that these folks aren't even willing to divulge info to Mustang-specific magazines. That being said, I think you're very lucky to have had the opportunity, and I'd have jumped on it in a minute! :yup:

Have you tried uploading at Streetfire? I think they provide resolution choices on that site. Otherwise, just tell me how they sound in person. Your vid was the first I've seen where I was able to hear the signature positive displacement whine. :happy feet:

Thanx for all of your positive feedback on the Shelby GT500 Berkeley Video.

The Shelby's present at the Media Event all had a very subtle exhaust & engine note, with one exception,

which was the ragtop. I witnessed it take off from a stop light after gassing up at a service station, and it had a definite snarl & growl to it, when he stomped it down. My very first impression upon seeing or I should say hearing the white fastback was the noisy squeal of the power steering unit, ah yes, the classic Ford squeal. These cars will most definitely benefit from after market exhaust systems & the SC's seemed quite but with a distinct whine, imho.

Another observation was the build quality of the GT500's, which was very good. The interiors were on par w/anything foreign, the seats looked very high end. The engine compartments were subdued, first glance, the black sc's, strut tower braces, valve & plug covers immediately said 'muscle'.

Archived