TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Factory Service Manual

Snoopy49

Where can I buy a factory service manual for a 2013 GT500?

Helm Inc publishes the factory service manuals for Ford. See the following link: http://www.helminc.c...m&class%5F2=FRD. You are going to have to wait for a 2013 Manual for your Shelby. There is a significant lag time between introduction of the car and availability of the manual to the public. Another issue is that you will only be able to get the manual on CD. 2011 was the last year for paper copies. I wanted a paper copy for my garage so I ended up buying the 2011 paper copy for my 2012. The two model years are so close, it was not a problem for me. For the 2011/2012 models, the Shelby was included in the Mustang work shop manual. I am guessing it will be the same for 2013. You can call Helm to be certain before you buy.

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they include addendum's for the $170 CD? I have the service manuals on CD for my 95 F-250 and I don't like the user interface they used. I am hoping they went to a PDF version of the paper manuals. They don't have any of the 2013 manuals available on line at this time. I will try to contact them tomorrow and see when they will be available and what is included in the price.

Thanks again..

Thanks for the info. I wonder if they include addendum's for the $170 CD? I have the service manuals on CD for my 95 F-250 and I don't like the user interface they used. I am hoping they went to a PDF version of the paper manuals. They don't have any of the 2013 manuals available on line at this time. I will try to contact them tomorrow and see when they will be available and what is included in the price.

Thanks again..

Snoopy49: I actually bought the 2012 Mustang CD for my GT before buying the Shelby. I found the interface to be hard to use as well. I sent it back for a refund and thats when I bought the 2011 paper work shop manual. In addition, the 2012 CD I sent back did not have all the details I was used to in the Helm paper manuals. I think they send out "skeleton" versions early and the later editions are more complete. Make sure that you ask Helm if the CD for the 2013s is complete before you buy. For $170 you deserve a complete product.

I just got off the phone to Helm's and they said the ETA for the 2013 shop manual on CD was today, but as of now it is not in their system. They were unable to tell me anything about the manual other than it is suppose to be in PDF format which should make it easier to use than their previous format. As far as updates and revisions that may be included in the $170 price, they were unable to supply an answer. From past experience with the Ford shop manuals on CD, they continuously update the information in the manual. I have seen the updates at the dealer, but have never been offered one from Ford. I remember when I bought the paper version for my 95 F-250, which by the way took up 2 foot of shelf space, the supplement for the PowerStroke was still being created and I had to call to get on the list for it, it was sent at no additional cost.

Since the 2013 is not in their system at this time, they could not answer any questions about updates so I asked about updates on the 2010 & 2011 manuals and they didn't have a clue.

I don't think that I will try to order one until I am assured of having access to revisions and updates.

Snoop49: Sounds like it would be best to wait for sure especially since the 2013 Shelby is significantly different mechanically than the 2011/2012 models. You want to be sure you get a manual with all the updates. I would rate my 2011 paper Mustang manual as barely satisfactory (but a lot better than nothing). I like the Chrysler manuals a lot better. The paper Helm manual for my Dodge Ram is outstanding. Good luck!!

I would rate my 2011 paper Mustang manual as barely satisfactory (but a lot better than nothing).

Is it by Helm?

Helm makes every *official* factory manual I know of. I bought one for my '92 GTP when it was brand new for....get this, 35 bucks. It came in a big box and was a big ass manual for each area of the car. Body, electrical, engine, etc.

They were the best factory manuals I've ever seen. In the field we always used Chilton, Motor Manuals, etc and they're reall good too.

Now days, everything is on CD and it's a subscription service (for shops) that costs you about 7 grand initially and another 1500 per year for updates. I have a friend that sells the software for 400 bucks (installed on a remote HD) but I'm waiting for the newest to come out so my 2012 Raptor is included. He'll give me a copy 'cause he's my friend so what the heck...

Phill

Is it by Helm?

Helm makes every *official* factory manual I know of. I bought one for my '92 GTP when it was brand new for....get this, 35 bucks. It came in a big box and was a big ass manual for each area of the car. Body, electrical, engine, etc.

They were the best factory manuals I've ever seen. In the field we always used Chilton, Motor Manuals, etc and they're reall good too.

Now days, everything is on CD and it's a subscription service (for shops) that costs you about 7 grand initially and another 1500 per year for updates. I have a friend that sells the software for 400 bucks (installed on a remote HD) but I'm waiting for the newest to come out so my 2012 Raptor is included. He'll give me a copy 'cause he's my friend so what the heck...

Phill

Phil: Yes the Ford Manual is by Helm. Helm makes a lot a the manuals but not all of them. Here is a link with the list: http://www.helminc.c....asp?Style=helm. You can get the basic workshop manual on CD for $170 on the Ford Mustangs (including the Shelbys). Click throught the site to see. Helm prepares the manuals to the manufacturers specifications. In my opinion, the new Ford manuals (by Helm) are very sparse on service procedure explanations. They assume the reader has an advanced knowledge of the product. You may have a different opinion. In contrast, I find the Chrysler explanations to be far superior (my Dodge Ram for example). Helm does not publish the manuals for my wifes BMW 328i. These manuals are published by Bentley. They are superior by far to anything Helm ever published. They are comparable in price but have lots of real photos including color photos and outstanding explanations of all service processes. See the following link: http://www.bentleypu...air-manual.html

Archived