TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dash plaque

07sgt3943

Hey guys, First off, Im new to team shelby and look forward to being affiliated with the community. I recently purchased a wrecked 2007 shelby gt, My cousin owns a body shop where he buys and sells wrecks and I obtained it from him. The car only had slight damage and is now back to its georgeous original condition. Only one problem that is just killing me is that the dash plaque was missing from the car. The plaque was clearly pryed off because the adhesive backing is still there and there are several highly noticable scratch marks on dash. Ive contacted shelby and they gave me the spill on how it cannot be reproduced no matter what I do and what I offer. I would be happy with one that even explains itslef as a replacement but thats not even possible. Any suggestions on what to do are appreciated and I know its a long shot but if anyone has any information on where the plate may be by any chance I would love to know and will pay top dollar to have it in my possesion. It is Off of csm 07sgt3943. Thanks guys, so much

Hey guys, First off, Im new to team shelby and look forward to being affiliated with the community. I recently purchased a wrecked 2007 shelby gt, My cousin owns a body shop where he buys and sells wrecks and I obtained it from him. The car only had slight damage and is now back to its georgeous original condition. Only one problem that is just killing me is that the dash plaque was missing from the car. The plaque was clearly pryed off because the adhesive backing is still there and there are several highly noticable scratch marks on dash. Ive contacted shelby and they gave me the spill on how it cannot be reproduced no matter what I do and what I offer. I would be happy with one that even explains itslef as a replacement but thats not even possible. Any suggestions on what to do are appreciated and I know its a long shot but if anyone has any information on where the plate may be by any chance I would love to know and will pay top dollar to have it in my possesion. It is Off of csm 07sgt3943. Thanks guys, so much

Maybe try the person who wrecked the car, if you know who it is........they may have taken it as a keepsake

Update, I just got on the original listing for the copart auction when my car was sold. Looked through the pictures and what do you know, the plaque was in the car at that time and when my cousin picked it up they were not. Im going to have him contact copart and see if they can report it stolen while it was on their property and go from there.

Only one problem that is just killing me is that the dash plaque was missing from the car. The plaque was clearly pryed off because the adhesive backing is still there and there are several highly noticable scratch marks on dash. Ive contacted shelby and they gave me the spill on how it cannot be reproduced no matter what I do and what I offer.

Same problem with the numbered Shelby Dodges. Shelby corp does not want the dash plaque reproduced and has sued to stop those that have reproduced them. Makes sense from the standpoint that they want to prevent clones from being sold as the real deal. Good luck with your search for your car's original plaque.

Thanks a lot guys, Im seriously doubting ever seeing this one again.Shelby has no replacements until they complete the laser etched signature version for the 07-09's. I just dont understand people anymore, Steal something that destroys the value of a car. Id love to know who has possession of the plaque and have it returned to its rightful place, on the dash of my car!

Archived