TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SS stripe in more colors not just black and white, rear wheel wells cut out to handle wider tires, exhaust cut outs.

The chassis : The wheels + the brakes + the coil overs (if any) + the arms + stab. bars. :happy feet:

I am stupid, I did not understand you were asking for suggestions... :hammer_self:

Yes room for bigger tires.

Yes be more creative with the stripes and visual add ons (without going to the Galpin wide body which is just a bit too much.. :censored: .IMO).

I think Super Snake's should have a painted on stripe option like the GT 350's do.

Correction: DID. They do not offer a painted stripe option any longer.

Phill

Now is the time to make make suggestion on what you would like to see. We have 2 currently in development.

What about a hood without the hood pins?

Grille mesh to protect the upper radiator and lower heat exchanger. Have you seen the pre production cars?

Stripe option is interesting as we now have 3 choices on the 13 GT350.

Wheels what size and offset?

What about carbon fiber on the 13 now that the rockers and rear fascia are body colored?

Roger

IMO

No hood pins (cleaner look) As long as the SS hood is stable with the OEM latch at high speed...

Yes, mesh protection (keep air flow obstruction at maximum same ratio as previous honeycomb grilles).

Yes, stripe options and painted on (customer input to choose stripe color among MANY).

Not the Shelby 1000 wheels...(or at least a racier design by same brand).

Yes, carbon fiber instead of painted rockers and fascia (because painted they make the car look heavy).

Grille mesh to protect the upper radiator and lower heat exchanger. Have you seen the pre production cars?

Roger

If you decide to go with the grille mesh, will you make it available to non-SS GT500 owners?

I would like the additional protection.

Do you know why the factory went with the open grille?

1. create different levels or packages? People can swing a 15K supercharger/suspension/hood upgrade, much easier than a $35K cf everything, interior and brake upgrade on top of the engine/hood/suspension. (or at least this person can ;) )

2. 20 x 11 rear wheels.

If you decide to go with the grille mesh, will you make it available to non-SS GT500 owners?

I would like the additional protection.

Do you know why the factory went with the open grille?

I was at Friendly ford in Las Vegas last week they had a black 2013 GT500 in they told me is was to get as much cold air into the engine as possible

I think there could be issues with bugs and stones damaging the radiator

1. create different levels or packages? People can swing a 15K supercharger/suspension/hood upgrade, much easier than a $35K cf everything, interior and brake upgrade on top of the engine/hood/suspension. (or at least this person can ;) )

2. 20 x 11 rear wheels.

The 2 level upgrade is certainly a major topic of discussion for 2013.

Roger

I like the idea of two or three levels of the SS package and you could badge them according to the package, this way some people wont get upset if they have the full upgrade.

Agreed!

1 package of appearance, 1 for handling, 1 for horsepower, all 3 = Super Snake. Each package could warrant inclusion in the registry. Gives people who don't have the cash up front a chance to build as you go. More sales for SA, keeps the exclusivity of the SS. You don't get the SS moniker until all 3 packages are installed. Those with the ability to buy the regular SS package up front don't have their product de-valued by having regular horsepower Shelby's running around with SA sanctioned SS badging.

Archived