TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Vert Owners" - Wind Screens and other Vert parts

TexasShelby

Any Vert owners found a decent wind screen yet? I'm interested in finding a windscreen and haven't had much luck.

And anyone putting the light bar on?

I'm also looking into the speedster style tonneau covers, but again, haven't seen anything to fall in love with.

How about you?

Thx

-sam

Any Vert owners found a decent wind screen yet? I'm interested in finding a windscreen and haven't had much luck.

I'm also looking into the speedster style tonneau covers, but again, haven't seen anything to fall in love with.

How about you?

Thx

-sam

I like the look of the light bar but I want to install a functional roll bar since it will probably be required for the times I am hoping to get at the track. I will probably have one fabbed up. Ideally I would like one that mirrors the shape of the CDC light bar and would like it covered so it looks finished. I haven't thought about a wind screen and since I have no hair it really isn't much of a concern for me:)

I like the look of the light bar but I want to install a functional roll bar since it will probably be required for the times I am hoping to get at the track. I will probably have one fabbed up. Ideally I would like one that mirrors the shape of the CDC light bar and would like it covered so it looks finished. I haven't thought about a wind screen and since I have no hair it really isn't much of a concern for me:)

Functional roll bar for me too. I'll be putting this one in from Ed Martinez at PEC Superchargers I think. He can do them NHRA Cert. but that's too restrictive for me. I just want this as the seat is still usable. I expect about $2K - $2500 for this one full padded etc.

post-3980-1176779407_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176779423_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176779444_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176779407_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176779423_thumb.jpg

post-3980-1176779444_thumb.jpg

Functional roll bar for me too. I'll be putting this one in from Ed Martinez at PEC Superchargers I think. He can do them NHRA Cert. but that's too restrictive for me. I just want this as the seat is still usable. I expect about $2K - $2500 for this one full padded etc.

Yep iceman. I saw your post in a different thread some time ago. I have a quote from a shop to put one in for me that will be similar but I am still toying around with the design. I am trying to make mine look like it was a factory install. I would like to see some more pics of ones these guys have done though. I might change my mind!

How about you?

Thx

-sam

I hope someone comes up with a good windscreen. I have one on my BMW and not only does it prevent your hair from looking like it was combed with an egg beater but it allows you to talk to the passenger and listen to the stereo without cranking the volume to max. Once you have had a vert with the windscreen, you would want it again.

I put the CDC bar on mine, but I really like the looks of that one. Nice padding and definitely more "functional." To be NHRA Cert, does it have to have a cross bar? I'll probably only be seeing occasional track duty, but for the most part will be a street car. And I've got 2 kids, so the back seat has to be usable.

There is someone who makes a windscreen for use with the CDC bar, but I didn't like how it installed & looked. And I definitely don't like the look of the "strap-on" headrest kind.

Haney Motorsport's windscreen

How about you?

Thx

-sam

I have added the Roush light bar I think it adds to the look of the vert, I have purchased the tonneau cover from Saleen, its out being painted will show pics when completed. post-8433-1176837289_thumb.jpg

post-8433-1176837289_thumb.jpg

Do you have contact information for this place? I like the way this one looks.

Do you have contact information for this place? I like the way this one looks.

Yep - you want Ed Martinez. i don't have his phone handy but he's really good about returning calls and being reachable. Here's the web page with their info:

http://www.pse.us/

758 Enterprise Dr. Edmond, OK, 73013

Call Toll Free: 1-877-349- 0790

Local: 1-405-844-2773

Fax: 1-405-844-2793

HOURS: 8:00AM – 5:00PM (CST) Monday - Friday

Tech Support for current customers only: 916-224-7979

I have added the Roush light bar I think it adds to the look of the vert, I have purchased the tonneau cover from Saleen, its out being painted will show pics when completed. post-8433-1176837289_thumb.jpg

Looks great. How did you do the stripes. Factory vinyl or paint?? That looks sharp. Can't wait to see tonneau cover. Ole

Looks great. How did you do the stripes. Factory vinyl or paint?? That looks sharp. Can't wait to see tonneau cover. Ole

Vinyl custom cut by the installer. The detail is much better than the factory stripes, no seams and they made sure the stripes went into all areas well. having a problem installing the cover, we wanted to make sure it was a sure fir before prep and paint.

Is the saleen tonneau cover on their site or did you call them to order it? How much did it cost if you don mind me asking?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived