TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So....how many Shelby Enthusiasts watched

RogerS

Went with my friend in his 67 GT 500 to the Peterson Museum memorial. My first time riding in a real Shelby, ever! What a treat that was. Then seeing and I recording the reving of the engines. Finally, going to the memorial services and hearing from some of Shelbys friends speakeabout their friend they will miss, man I tell you a couple of times I just about teared up. I am so glad I was able to experience the event. I saw the video of the tribute you guys had out there at the mother ship and thought that it was awsome. I loved the checkered flag idea you guys did. Seeing and knowing the memorials that took place around the country/world makes me feel honored to support a Brand that is all American! Keep building the Shelbys and continue the legacy!

15 cars including a GT 350 and GT-H at the Hooters in Downers Grove Illinois. We coudnt get the webcast but did use the count down clock. It was a night to remember for sure. Thanks for all that "REVED" for Carroll!

It would be interesting to investigate just how many people were at gatherings around the globe.

Roger

Probably way more than we will ever know. I went out to give the old SVT/Cobra an engine rev and I could hear a neighbor in the distance already doing the same. I went looking but couldn't find them. I 'd image that was the same all over the world especialy here in the US!

It would be interesting to investigate just how many people were at gatherings around the globe.

Roger

That would be...they even gathered in Kuwait!

Me, I was at the Petersen, and what a night it was!

I revved my engine here on Okinawa. The young sailor who saw me do it thought I was nuts. I told him

that I was doing in honor of Carroll Shelby. Unfotunately I don't have my SGT here with me. I used my Toyota.

Here is the list of the ones that I knew about

1. Shelby American

2. Oak Creek WI

3. Bandimere Speedway

4. Dowers Grove IL

5. Kansas Speedway

6. Mount Pleasant TX

7. Carlisle PA

8. Manchester New Hamphere

9. Miami Fl

10. Warren Robins GA

11. Hawaii

12. Jackson Ville FL

13. Dearborn MI

14. Tulsa OK

15. Toronto Canada

16. Northern CA

17. Atlanta GA

18. San Jose

19. Pheonix AZ

20. Kuwait

21. Tasca Ford

22. Peterson

And there where so many other small ones around the country this was just a few.

Sharon

The San Diego version of "Rev Your Shelby" Memorial Tribute took place at JBA Performance Center in the Kearny Mesa area and was also sponsored by the SoCal SAAC San Diego Region Club. Sixty cars representing a variety of Shelby Automobiles (Cobras, GT350, GT350H, GT500s, Trans Am, B/P Class, Ford GT, new GT 350, Shelby GT, GT500, GT500KR and an assortment of other Shelby enthusiasts) were in attendance. There was plenty of burn outs in the parking lot and a "drive by" on Kearny Villa Road featuring a Trans Am Mustang and a B/P Class Mustang (lots of noise and tire smoke). We also had a band, tributes to Carroll Shelby and a vinyl record recording of Bill Cosby's 200 MPH playing. The following are pictures from the event:

https://picasaweb.google.com/ptpictures918/RevYourShelby?authkey=Gv1sRgCL3v5PnMq9boHg&feat=email#

Laura and I, along with our youngest daughter Erica, were able to attend the Petersen event. It was amazing to see all who attended and the "engine rev" was an event I'll remember for the rest of my life.

The representation of Shelbys was incredible, from original GT350's, GT500's and Cobra's to modern day renditions. It also included Series 1s, Ford GTs and Donn Vickrey's King Cobra. Shelbys of all makes were well represented!!!

Erica was able to meet some of the legends of the 60's and had them sign her memorial program along with John Luft and Henry Ford III. Her favorite part, besides the autograph and picture with HF III, was the time spent after it was all over with Simone Shelby. She had asked Simone to sign her book and I guess she (Simone) was so honored that Erica asked for her autograph she ended up spending about an hour talking with us and telling us stories untill the end when they started turning off lights.

When we finally left, there were like 5 cars on the top floor as opposed to the over 100+ earlier. It truly was a night all 3 of us WILL remember.

Dan

Here is the list of the ones that I knew about

1. Shelby American

2. Oak Creek WI

3. Bandimere Speedway

4. Dowers Grove IL

5. Kansas Speedway

6. Mount Pleasant TX

7. Carlisle PA

8. Manchester New Hamphere

9. Miami Fl

10. Warren Robins GA

11. Hawaii

12. Jackson Ville FL

13. Dearborn MI

14. Tulsa OK

15. Toronto Canada

16. Northern CA

17. Atlanta GA

18. San Jose

19. Pheonix AZ

20. Kuwait

21. Tasca Ford

22. Peterson

And there where so many other small ones around the country this was just a few.

Sharon

That's Jacksonville, Sharon! :hysterical: (More accurately, Orange Park - at Mike Shad Ford!) Thanks to Daphne and Bill!

Sam

Being at the Petersen Museum for Carroll Shelby's memorial will be one of the high points in my life. Visiting with so many of Carroll's friends was surreal.

Wouldn't of missed it for the world.

I organized a little gathering to hold a moment of silence and then a moment of noise. We don't have any sponsors or backing from anyone here in WA, so our signs were made out of paper and spray paint.

It was the thought that counted. I think it caught the attention of the local newspaper and might make the paper tomorrow.

There were 59 cars and 117 people gathered together to hold the moment of silence for Carroll Shelby. We gathered our thoughts and prayers and said good bye to the man....the legend....our hero. :superhero:

148.jpg

015-1.jpg

017.jpg

138.jpg

We wanted to make sure he heard heard us clear up there in Heaven...so we then had a moment of noise and we all started our motors and revved our engines.

The band then dedicated a song to Carroll and we cranked it up a notch to celebrate what he has done. :salute:

158.jpg

157.jpg

We placed RIP stickers proudly in our windows and then went for a 120 mile cruise.

536617_452188038141205_100000500388972_1688232_1900253143_n.jpg

....oh ya, I forgot to tell you what song we dedicated to Carrol. The band turned it up a notch and played

MUSTANG SALLY.

Ya baby....... :rockon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vj2QNOgmX8&feature=related

"Mustang Sally" was written and first recorded by Mack Rice in 1965. The idea for the song originated when singer Della Reese expressed an interest to him in owning a Ford Mustang. Mack wrote the song first with the title of "Mustang Mama", but changed it to "Mustang Sally" at the suggestion of Aretha Franklin. Wilson's famous cover of this song came a year after Mack's original and went to #23 on the pop charts in December of '66.

Watched the live feed and rev'd my SGT along with the crowd at Peterson! Had my 3-year old grandson in the car with me and my laptop. He enjoyed it; we went driving after.

Tell us how many people watched or participated in your City, Town, State or country.

Roger

Roger,

I posted a meet at a local shopping mall in Sandy, UT, a suburb of Salt Lake. . We has 9 cars attend, 2 black SGTs and 7 Gt-500s.

I revved my engine here on Okinawa. The young sailor who saw me do it thought I was nuts. I told him

that I was doing in honor of Carroll Shelby. Unfotunately I don't have my SGT here with me. I used my Toyota.

I like that!!!

Really.

I gave my Shelby to a local dealer to trade it in for a new one, but did not get the new one yet (!) so I was stuck with my Vette...

I did not rev it cause I did not think it was appropriate.

Could have revved my truck though...just was dumb not to think about it!

Archived