TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Northern Colorado Events Summer 2012

twobjshelbys

I've been trying to hunt down, from finding them on the web, the dates of the Northern Colorado car shows. Here's the ones I have confirmed:

Good Guys: Loveland 8-Jun - 10-Jun 2012

Note that is this coming weekend!!!

https://www.good-guy...2?category_id=2

Only cars 1972 and earlier can be entered for the main part, but there is a Sunday portion for all cars. It's a great show with lots of cool cars to look at. Admission is pricey though - $18 - and a beer is going to set you back at least $8 (that's what it was last year, probably more this year). Depending on how wiped I am from travel I may go on Sunday with the GT.

Coolest Car Show In Colorado, Estes Park, 4-Jul

This is definitely a good one. I am registering for it this week.

http://www.estespark...olest-car-show/

All American Car Show (Northern Colorado Mustang Car Club NCMCC): 7-Jul-2012

http://www.allamericancarshow.com

(A picture of my Cobra there last summer: https://picasaweb.go...599534470895986)

Shelby American Collection annual party: 8-Sep-2012

http://www.shelbyame...ncollection.org

Cars & Coffee (although I think not officially sanctioned to use the brand). First Saturday of every monthly

Located in the parking lot at the south west corner of Arapahoe & 95th st in Lafayette (on some maps as Hwy 7 (Arapahoe) & Hwy 42 (95th)) Open to all. Runs from 8-10. Big turnouts so parking gets filled up, get there early.

One's I've not been able to find but are likely still on if someone can find the details.

Horsefeathers show (downtown Greeley) ???

If you have dates for the ??? let me know and I will keep the base topic current.

Any others?

I've been trying to hunt down, from finding them on the web, the dates of the Northern Colorado car shows. Here's the ones I have confirmed:

Only replying to this as a form of subscribing..........

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

This one is so minor that I'm not going to add it into the master list...

There is a little car show sponsored by a church group in Hygiene, CO (a little west of Longmont between Longmont and Lyons) Saturday from 10-3. Now this is a "Tractor and Car show" (specifically, tractors first) but there are always some very special and unique cars here. Almost assureedly there will be an Avanti (with the Paxton supercharger) and a real original unrestored R-code Thunderbolt, along with some really old cars. I've posted pictures in the past. Come on down.

Forgot to mention it but the location is at the Church east of the store on 17th by the Spider Trax guys, diagnoal from the gas station that got hit.. Locals will know this of course since Hygiene is so small.

Horsefeathers Car Show will be held at Northfield in Stapleton, I-70 &Quebec, instead of Greeley this year. Events run from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm on August 4th. Contact www.earlymustang.com for more details.

Horsefeathers Car Show will be held at Northfield in Stapleton, I-70 &Quebec, instead of Greeley this year. Events run from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm on August 4th. Contact www.earlymustang.com for more details.

Do you have a more specific link? I looked and the only Horsefeathers is from 2010.

I emailed a couple of folks from the contact page.

• 2 weeks later...

Reminder about the 4th of July in Estes Park. It's a great show. Car nuts can hang around the cars and those who don't like cars but like to shop are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park. And it's probably 20*F cooler up there than down front :)

There will be no fire works in Estes that night due to the fire danger. But if you're not going to enter come on up and look.

Reminder about the 4th of July in Estes Park. It's a great show. Car nuts can hang around the cars and those who don't like cars but like to shop are within walking distance of downtown Estes Park. And it's probably 20*F cooler up there than down front :)

There will be no fire works in Estes that night due to the fire danger. But if you're not going to enter come on up and look.

My family and I will be there! Without the Shelby though. The wife used to work for Estes Park PD.

My family and I will be there! Without the Shelby though. The wife used to work for Estes Park PD.

Wow, that's awesome you're coming from Idaho. My presence is based on weather and fires. But so far it looks clear. Hope to see you there.

For those that know the usual drill the fireworks display that always happens on the evening of the 4th has been delayed to a date uncertain.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone from COS going to go up to Estes Park on the 4th? I'm looking to drive up.

Did you make it? I had the GT there.

I'm at a hotel in San Jose for a seminar waiting for dinner so I'm going to post a few of the albums from some of the shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember Horsefeathers is this coming Saturday 4-Oct. The above link may not work any more though. If I try to follow the link to the Early Mustang Club it says "MobileMe is closed"

Update: The link to the Early Mustang Club is working again, and details and location is on their page.

Is anyone going? The weather looks favorable so I will be going.

Would like to but my daughter has multiple events at the Adams County Fair......<SNIP>

Where is Adams County?

A young man I know (Calvin Brown) just got a full-ride Basketball scholarship to Adams State and I'm assuming it's in Adams County?

I just have no idea where it is. One friend said it's near Durango, another said it's by Grand Junction and another said it's "North East" from The Springs <??SHRUG??>.

Phill

Where is Adams County?

A young man I know (Calvin Brown) just got a full-ride Basketball scholarship to Adams State and I'm assuming it's in Adams County?

I just have no idea where it is. One friend said it's near Durango, another said it's by Grand Junction and another said it's "North East" from The Springs <??SHRUG??>.

Phill

Adams County is big, but parts of it are "the Denver Metro Area" - Brighton is where I think the fairgrounds are.

Adams State is in Alamosa. South-central Colorado, not very close to GJ.

Re: Horsefeathers.

I got the package and it turns out this is judged. I don't know how "highly judged" it is but it all comes down to "cleanliness" so I spent about 1.5 hours going over the car tonight. I started by using spray detailer over everything, and then did the inside, and outside, and the engine had water spots and it was a mess. I finally stopped and decided that it will be dirty on the outside when I get there so I'll head down about 7:00 and finish it.

Hope to see some of you there!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Reminder about two upcoming events.

Shelby American Collection annual party: 8-Sep-2012

http://www.shelbyame...ncollection.org

Cars & Coffee. 1-Sep

Located in the parking lot at the south west corner of Arapahoe & 95th st in Lafayette (on some maps as Hwy 7 (Arapahoe) & Hwy 42 (95th)) Open to all. Runs from 8-10. Big turnouts so parking gets filled up, get there early.

I was just told that there was going to be a Good Guys meet at PPIR.

Anyone know?

I'm thinking the guy has PPIR and Bandimere mixed up.

Phill

I was just told that there was going to be a Good Guys meet at PPIR.

Anyone know?

I'm thinking the guy has PPIR and Bandimere mixed up.

Phill

Good Guys was at The Ranch in Loveland June 8-10 a couple of months ago. See post #1 of this thread.

Wild West Auto Fest will be held September 15th at Clement Park, Bowles and Wadsworth, in Littleton. 500-650 cars, all on grass. In conjunction with the Summerset Fest which supports all parks and rec in Jeffco. Many things for the entire family at the event, food booths, display's, numerous vendors. Alway's a great time and show. Hosted by the Denver Mustang Club.

Summerset Fest web site:

http://summersetfest...es/schedule.htm

Car show web site (and early registration)

http://wildwestautofest.com click "wild west auto fest" on left side of window.

Archived