TEAM SHELBY FORUM

noise under the hood ;(

First of all Grabber , I'am sorry for your lost. Noise under the hood started yesterday ?? @ first I thought it might be the water pump??,, Not leaking YET !! After it warms up in the driveway , it goes away,, thinking it might be the heat shield,,, Pass. SIDE?? But I did not notice it, till I took a 25 mile ride yesterday, and was in my neighbors drive way ??? it sat for about 10 min,, was ready to leave, that was the first time I heard it?? when I got home NO NOISE ??? Any help would be appreaicated thks Tim I guess I could turn up the Radio ;)

I've had a ton of problems with my alternator. I've had bearings go on 2 of them, a diode on one and the pulley/clutch just went on one. The clutch made the most noise, and eventually it would disengage at idle and quit charging altogether.

During a test drive of the SGT, immediately following the installation of the supercharger, the alternator let go! After pulling my hair out chasing false leads, I discovered the alternator shaft/bearing went south and the pulley was rubbing the engine block causing a very unnerving mechanical grinding/knocking!

Good idea to check the alternator!

Sam

ready for this, there is a inspection plate, under the trans and engine, covering the flywheel,there were 3 small rocks in there ???? am thinking ,I have been flushing out the same thing ,under the manifold, when I was having problems with the mice !!!! I may have caused this problem myself ;(( For the people who responed Thank You, for the ones who did not thks for your help and BITE ME ;)

first off,, it was a joke,, second ,, like someone who use to be @ S/A told me There are CLICKS on hear, and Frank S !! you need to take a min out of your life, STOP and think NONE OF US ARE GETTING OUT OF HEAR ALIVE Lift is Sooo short !! T.Grant

Lift is too short to take a minute out of. None of us are getting out of hear alive, for sure, and some of us are not getting out of here able to write an intelligible sentence. :hysterical:

Archived