TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua 0001

Terlingua67

Looking for the first one out of the shop? Now available!

Who's car is this and is this a TRT 0001 car or is part of the six tribute cars that Bill Neal allowed to be built from the ground up on old mustang bodies?. I think only 3 or 4 of those got built.

This is a Bill Neale car, from my understanding there are a few that we're built but not many! This car is still owned by the person that bought it at Shelby American, have the bill of sale and the build sheets from Kieth Craft Motors! Car is for sale and will be on E-Bay in the following weeks. Has 153 miles on the car and is as is it came from Shelby, no modifications.

E-mail if interested

• 3 weeks later...

There was going to be 3-6 from what I understand but this was the only one built!

This is correct. The one tribute car was built and the program went away. David, is this in the registry since it was made in Las Vegas and carries the Terlingual moniker and I believe was signed off by both Bill Neal and Amy Boylan it should be.

This is correct. The one tribute car was built and the program went away. David, is this in the registry since it was made in Las Vegas and carries the Terlingual moniker and I believe was signed off by both Bill Neal and Amy Boylan it should be.

Don,

I will check and let you know shortly by posting here.

David

Don,

Best I can tell, there were three 67 cars made one by Kieth Craft Motors and two by Kenny Northum. Two yellow cars total and one black car.

None of these cars were made by or for SA and therefore are not part of the registry.

David

Don,

Best I can tell, there were three 67 cars made one by Kieth Craft Motors and two by Kenny Northum. Two yellow cars total and one black car.

None of these cars were made by or for SA and therefore are not part of the registry.

David

That would probably be correct. I thought Kenny told me that he built 3 or possibly 4 cars, but could be wrong on that one. The keith kraft cars were with Bill and not with SAI involvement. What the question is, is the 001 that was produced in Las Vegas in the Shelby registry? This started as a joint project between Bill and Amy and was authorized by both. Shelby should have some sort of build record or at least who the first owner was as it was built by the mother ship. This was an authorized program that never got off the ground, but it should be recognized as part of the SAI/Terlingua legacy if the facts hold up and are verified.

That would probably be correct. I thought Kenny told me that he built 3 or possibly 4 cars, but could be wrong on that one. The keith kraft cars were with Bill and not with SAI involvement. What the question is, is the 001 that was produced in Las Vegas in the Shelby registry? This started as a joint project between Bill and Amy and was authorized by both. Shelby should have some sort of build record or at least who the first owner was as it was built by the mother ship. This was an authorized program that never got off the ground, but it should be recognized as part of the SAI/Terlingua legacy if the facts hold up and are verified.

Hi Don,

At this time, I have not been able to verify the facts of this build beyond what I posted earlier, but will continue to research it and let you know as I find out more over time. I can say for sure that three cars were built, but will need to make further efforts before I can verify anything beyond this.

I will continue to search for information.

David

• 3 weeks later...

Kenny and Bill Neale built 4 cars several years before the single Keith Kraft car was ever sanctioned, so I'm not sure how you can call the KK car the "first". Kenny and Bill's first, fully sanctioned and documented continuation car was built in 2004 and the 4th one was completed in 2007. Of the first 4 cars, 3 are black and one is yellow. Car #2 was the only yellow one and was owned by Bill for a few years before Kenny bought it from him. Kenny has since sold it.

These first 4 cars were built off 1966 coupe chassis and the KK car is a 1967. The KK car may be the first 1967 continuation car, but it is certainly not the "first".

IMO, these cars all deserve a place in the Terlingua registry regardless of the SA involvement. I know for a fact that Carroll was well aware of the work that Bill, Kenny, and Dick Meditz were doing together on these cars in 2004.

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featuredvehicles/mump_0407_1966_ford_mustang_shelby_trans_am_hardtop_clone/viewall.html

Kenny and Bill Neale built 4 cars several years before the single Keith Kraft car was ever sanctioned, so I'm not sure how you can call the KK car the "first". Kenny and Bill's first, fully sanctioned and documented continuation car was built in 2004 and the 4th one was completed in 2007. Of the first 4 cars, 3 are black and one is yellow. Car #2 was the only yellow one and was owned by Bill for a few years before Kenny bought it from him. Kenny has since sold it.

These first 4 cars were built off 1966 coupe chassis and the KK car is a 1967. The KK car may be the first 1967 continuation car, but it is certainly not the "first".

IMO, these cars all deserve a place in the Terlingua registry regardless of the SA involvement. I know for a fact that Carroll was well aware of the work that Bill, Kenny, and Dick Meditz were doing together on these cars in 2004.

http://www.mustangmo...ne/viewall.html

I would agree that all should have a place in the registry, but I don't think that is going to happen because they were not part of the SAI program. The one Keith Kraft is a different situation and certainly should be in the registry because all parties involved with the Terlingua Brand agreed on the project before it was started.

I hear what you are saying. I guess the way I look at it is that Bill is the owner of the Terlingua copyright and he sanctioned and serialized cars to be built by 3 different sources SAI, KK, and Kenny DM. They are all authentic, valid Terlingua cars. Consequently, the SAI registry of the late model Terlingua cars only represents a subset of the complete body of work. Since we are only talking about 5 additional cars, i think we should spend the effort to preserve their build history.

Take care,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

I hear what you are saying. I guess the way I look at it is that Bill is the owner of the Terlingua copyright and he sanctioned and serialized cars to be built by 3 different sources SAI, KK, and Kenny DM. They are all authentic, valid Terlingua cars. Consequently, the SAI registry of the late model Terlingua cars only represents a subset of the complete body of work. Since we are only talking about 5 additional cars, i think we should spend the effort to preserve their build history.

Take care,

Kevin

Kevin,

I couldn't agree more, but it is a very complicated relationship. I would like to see a place in the registry for all five.

Archived