TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What mufflers on the Shelby GT/GT-H????

• 1 month later...

I think they are Magnaflow. I have seen the photo's from under the car and it is clearly stamped on the muffler. Look like Magnapac's. My mistake. The owner had them placed in and cut the tips off of the FPP mufflers.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a set of these (M-5230-5GTA) in the mail today (bought them on e-bay) and slapped them on my GT500.....

WOW! they have just the sound I was looking for (I have "Stainless Works" off-road pipes and off-road x-pipe) so my car is VERY LOUD but they toned down the decibles some and don't sound nearly as raspy as the FRPP's did on my car. I'm really happy with them and I'm going to keep them on it for now.

I took the FRPP Borla Stingers and put them on my wife's 07 GT/CS (5 speed) and the FRPP's sound really nice on her car (deep growl with absolutely no drone at all). They also sound great when you are rolling down a steep hill with your foot off the accelerator -

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

Now I gotta sell the SLP loud mouths I bought since they were too loud for my wife's taste and sounded like sh*t on my car (since I don't have the cats right now)... brand new, 300 bucks (including shipping) if anybody wants them. (send me a pm).

• 5 years later...

When I got he cat(GT-C) last month, it came with SLP axle-backs! What a nice sound, if I was 25 again. The original mufflers were included with the purchase. I just finished with the install of the originals and LOVE them, I will sell the SLP's(see Craigs's list Jacksonville,Fl. car parts).

When I got he cat(GT-C) last month, it came with SLP axle-backs! What a nice sound, if I was 25 again. The original mufflers were included with the purchase. I just finished with the install of the originals and LOVE them, I will sell the SLP's(see Craigs's list Jacksonville,Fl. car parts).

Do you have a link to your ad? I looked, but didn't see anything. You could put them in the classifieds here as well.

Archived