TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For those who are financing their '13 GT500....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can get 1.99% still. It is online only though. That's what I did. Answer a few questions online, and the next day I was approved for 1.99%.

I was approved through PFCU's online system in a matter of seconds. Quick, easy, and painless. My only concern is whether or not the rate is still available when my car FINALLY arrives. (According to one customer service rep with whom I spoke, you get whatever rate is in effect when the check is cut. According to another, you get the rate for which you were pre-approved.) :unsure:

I haven't ordered mine yet, but NFCU has me pre-approved for $50K at .99%. I got .79% on my last new car just 6 months ago, but it was 1/2 the cost.

By NFCU, do you mean Navy Fed? If so, what's the secret password for those rates?!? I don't see anything better than 1.79% online. (Then again, I haven't called them yet...)

Had to go to dealer for some parts and walked over to the show room. WOW a 2013 with a $10K ADM . It was dark grey with red stripes . The paint was dull cause of the orange peal. All the great finance rates will not cover that ADM. Sad day when a dealer still has to play these games.The dealer needs to use that ADM and buff that paint job out.

• 4 weeks later...

I was approved through PFCU's online system in a matter of seconds. Quick, easy, and painless. My only concern is whether or not the rate is still available when my car FINALLY arrives. (According to one customer service rep with whom I spoke, you get whatever rate is in effect when the check is cut. According to another, you get the rate for which you were pre-approved.) :unsure:

By NFCU, do you mean Navy Fed? If so, what's the secret password for those rates?!? I don't see anything better than 1.79% online. (Then again, I haven't called them yet...)

Yeap, Navy Federal Credit Union. I think high 700s and low 800s credit scores to get those rates. Also, I have good credit through them and banked with them for years. Also, I am a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force (E9) and get the Senior Enlisted preferred rate.

Ford doesn't offer promotional rates on GT500 - ever. You will pay the prevailing rate for your qualification tier, or you can "go local" for MUCH more affordable rates.

Personally, I've always chosen to own mine, just to keep the title clear and to ensure I could do with it as I please in terms of shipping it abroad, etc.

Yeap, Navy Federal Credit Union. I think high 700s and low 800s credit scores to get those rates. Also, I have good credit through them and banked with them for years. Also, I am a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force (E9) and get the Senior Enlisted preferred rate.

Thanks, Chief! That's about what I figured. As an AF O-6 with an 800+ credit score, I'm guessing I should also qualify for some fairly competitive rates. Speaking of which, I just updated my PFCU pre-approval to their latest 1.49% rate. Probably time to let my fingers do the walking, and see whether anyone can beat that...

Thanks, Chief! That's about what I figured. As an AF O-6 with an 800+ credit score, I'm guessing I should also qualify for some fairly competitive rates. Speaking of which, I just updated my PFCU pre-approval to their latest 1.49% rate. Probably time to let my fingers do the walking, and see whether anyone can beat that...

Good luck! They worked with me and I had no issues whatsoever.

Ford doesn't offer promotional rates on GT500 - ever. You will pay the prevailing rate for your qualification tier, or you can "go local" for MUCH more affordable rates.

Personally, I've always chosen to own mine, just to keep the title clear and to ensure I could do with it as I please in terms of shipping it abroad, etc.

Wrong, '07s had 0% financing.

Had to go to dealer for some parts and walked over to the show room. WOW a 2013 with a $10K ADM . It was dark grey with red stripes . The paint was dull cause of the orange peal. All the great finance rates will not cover that ADM. Sad day when a dealer still has to play these games.The dealer needs to use that ADM and buff that paint job out.

i walked into a local dealer here in atlanta today that just got in a race red vert with white stripes, exactly what I have been looking for. sticker was $67,500 and they sold it yesterday for $79,000. he assured me he could get what i wanted but $7500 over MSRP was their best offer. the car was so beautiful I was tempted but I know there are dealers out there selling at MSRP or better. guess I will have to wait longer.

Just bought (ordered it) a Shelby 13 with a 6% ADM over MSRP, I am happy with that, since no one is selling an AVAILABLE 2013 GT500! @ MSRP!

Now I am waiting for the interest rate by next week with FORD, then I will shop around for a rate.

Braztang

Just bought (ordered it) a Shelby 13 with a 6% ADM over MSRP, I am happy with that, since no one is selling an AVAILABLE 2013 GT500! @ MSRP!

Now I am waiting for the interest rate by next week with FORD, then I will shop around for a rate.

Braztang

There are dealers selling at MSRP, but be prepared to have a LOT of patience. I forgot how many dealers I called. I finally went out of state and got mine from a tip from a buddy of mine.

Braztang

Who is this a dealer? We will have none of this tomfoolery around these parts! You have to work pretty hard to get MSRP and below. It isn't easy I'll give you that, but not impossible,just requires patience, too many here can atest to that!

You paid around 3-4K for the convenience, and that is ok. I hope you love your car it is going to be AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...

Braztang

it will be hard to beat pen fed: https://www.penfed.org/New-Auto-Loan/ 1.49% at 60 mos

Braztang

I just hope it was EXACTLY the car you would've otherwise ordered and waited for. Then the price premium could at least be attributed to the convenience of immediate availability.

I'd certainly never presume to tell anybody else to be dissatisfied with something they're otherwise happy about, but the end of September is when pricing bubbles are likeliest to start deflating - especially in northern climes.

Braztang

You are happy with being bent over and paying an ADM. Wow. Amazinig. You are really a car dealers dream customer.

Ask the same dealer in 2 years what he will give you for the car. You will be offered 25 -30 grand less than you paid.

Archived