TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2013 Shelby GT-500 Ordered

Toxicologist

Hi All,

I spent years on the Ford Expedition Forum, still have it, but I just ordered a 2013 GT-500, race red, stripe-delete (I like the side stripes, not so much the over-the-top, so I will add side stripes later), recaroes (sp?), electronic group, svt package, track package, car cover. It was ordered 3/28/12 from my dealer. Any idea when people are getting build dates? My dealer said he was allowed to order only 1 this year (small-medium sized dealership), is that what others are finding? Price I got = Sticker +1,000. Am I doing good, bad or in the middle for $? I look forward to sharing tips and experiences once I get it!

Tox

Hi All,

I spent years on the Ford Expedition Forum, still have it, but I just ordered a 2013 GT-500, race red, stripe-delete (I like the side stripes, not so much the over-the-top, so I will add side stripes later), recaroes (sp?), electronic group, svt package, track package, car cover. It was ordered 3/28/12 from my dealer. Any idea when people are getting build dates? My dealer said he was allowed to order only 1 this year (small-medium sized dealership), is that what others are finding? Price I got = Sticker +1,000. Am I doing good, bad or in the middle for $? I look forward to sharing tips and experiences once I get it!

Tox

Hello and welcome to Team Shelby....

Congrats on your Shelby GT 500....post pics when you can.....

Enjoy and be safe.....

Alexandros

Hi All,

Tox

Welcome Tox, and congrats....whats a grand one way or another at that level...if you're happy with it, then its a great deal...and once you mash the pedal, you won't be able to get rid of that sh*t eatin' grin for about a month or so, i mean what a way to step into your first Shelby, but a '13 GT500.

I have no inside knowledge, but if you do not have a VIN # yet, I'd guess your into Sept-Oct...

Happy motoring

CONGRATS! as others have said, you did good Brother. Heck, look at it this way, you've got America's fastest and most desirable Muscle Car on order in colors and with options you got to personalize! savor that moment and that's a great deal at dang near any price! enjoy it man and WELCOME to the Team!

Thanks everyone. I guess I do not realize how lucky I am to be buying a '13 GT-500. Just going back to high school in the late '60s, my first car was a '67 Camaro, 396 , 4-speed manual, 4.10 posi, Marina Blue with white bumblebee stripe, bright-blue interior with white details (I have not yet seen a prettier interior). When the gas crunch hit, cars went to hell fast. In the '70s what was a kid to do? That's right, buy a van - put in carpeting, curtains, etc! In the '80s and 90's, the only motor fun I could find was 4-wheel drive trucks and motocross bikes. It was so bad in the late 80s that all cars were limited to 85 MPH speedometers!! I truly thought I would never have a new muscle car because they would not exist, and the old ones would be priced out of reach. Anyway, up to the present, I have a few questions for the group:

1. Does the '13 GT-500 have the dreaded "skip-shift"? If so, is it an easy (electronic) defeat?

2. I got a stripe-delete because I just want the side stripes and you cannot order it that way (it's all stripes or none) - is it easy to put on the side ones? Some people suggest having them painted on instead of applying the tape, any thoughts?

Thank you,

Tox (Keith)

2. I got a stripe-delete because I just want the side stripes and you cannot order it that way (it's all stripes or none) - is it easy to put on the side ones? Some people suggest having them painted on instead of applying the tape, any thoughts?

Personally, if I were in your boat...I'd order the car with the stripes and remove the Over The Top (OTT) stripes. They're not hard to remove and easier when brand new. They *are* labor intensive (i.e. Time consuming) but not overly difficult.

You'd get your side strips for FREE (wait'll you get a load of what a new set will cost you!) and they'll be factory installed.

YMMV,

Phill

When I ordered my car, I was going to order it with just the side stripes because I didn't care for the OTT stripes. The salesman tried to build the car that way and couldn't, even though they list separate codes for both stripes. My salesman talked me into getting the stripes and the shop would remove the OTT stripes if I didn't like them when the care arrives. As 2010KonaBlueGT states, the over the counter cost of the stripes will make you lose control of your sphincter.

An added bonus is that because it is listed on your window sticker, it may make your car more valuable to a future buyer that wants a car with factory stripes.

One of the reasons I went with the stripes is that you still pay for the stripes when you go stripe delete, $475, the factory doesn't give you a credit if you decide to go without the stripes.

Edited by Snoopy49

Just inquired about ordering BOSS 302 and was told appx 8 week delivery time. The plant will be slow as Mazda is vacating, then pick up speed of orders after August-Sept. time frame. Hope this helps your planning. I was lucky enough to find our '08 GT500 conv on dealer lot at right time (April '08) and got it for sticker.

Enjoy an awesome ride!!

Ron

Thanks everyone. I just checked today, still no VIN number. The 1-800-334-4375 number to check the location of your order (you need to give them the order number and the dealer number) said my order is "in processing" in other words, the "black-hole" of neverland.

Regarding the strip issue, I guess I should have ordered it with stripes, the pulled-off the OTT, but interestingly 3 out of the 4 2013-Shelby GT-500s just delivered (pics on the different forum) to customers on the other forum are stripe delete.

Tox

(Keith)