TEAM SHELBY FORUM

splitter clearance need help please!

svt13

So to anyone who owns a 12 shelby or a 13 (if your lucky to have it already) could you please verify the distance in inches from the bottom of the splitter to the ground (if your car isn't lowered)? I need to know because of a complication I may be having with driving my car to work since entrance to the garage is a steep hill in which I am afraid of scraping.

Any help will be much appreciated and thank you.

So to anyone who owns a 12 shelby or a 13 (if your lucky to have it already) could you please verify the distance in inches from the bottom of the splitter to the ground (if your car isn't lowered)? I need to know because of a complication I may be having with driving my car to work since entrance to the garage is a steep hill in which I am afraid of scraping.

Any help will be much appreciated and thank you.

The distance on the 2012 from the bottom of the slitter to the ground is 6 inches

5" clearance from the splitter to the ground on my 2013.

Thanks yea I think I will be fine. I needed I guessed between 5 to 5 1/4 inches for when I go into the work's parking garage so I'll just take the additional splitter off probably when I go and put it back on afterwards.

2013gt500218 is it easy and simple to pull off the additions and throw them back on?

That sounds like something I don't want to do every day. I thought maybe it clipped in lol. Crapppp I guess I have to go to the garage and measure the extra clearance for another car and see if 5 inches is enough since I know 5 1/4 is fine

A couple of 12"wide x 1" thick x 12" long pieces of wood in your trunk and you make a less steep angle, Now no problem.

lol I don't want to carry wood in my trunk every day I go to work (though I was debating I would have to resort to that).

lol I don't want to carry wood in my trunk every day I go to work (though I was debating I would have to resort to that).

My car is lowered and my splitter will ram a curb or parking lot thing (what the F are those concrete stops called?).

It's a easy cure. DON'T PULL UP TO THE CURB!

Easy enough.

EDIT. I have come VERYYYYY close to destroying my splitter, but not so far.

Glad I could help,

Phill

My car is lowered and my splitter will ram a curb or parking lot thing (what the F are those concrete stops called?).

The technical nomenclature for that is "What the Hell!" or "Ah S**t" depending on your geographical location.

It's a easy cure. DON'T PULL UP TO THE CURB!

Easy enough.

EDIT. I have come VERYYYYY close to destroying my splitter, but not so far.

Glad I could help,

Phill

No its not like that. See when I go into my work garage I have to go down a very slight hill then comes the garage floor which is completely flat. So the drop is nearly vertical. So I can't really avoid that.

We have to use a piece of " wood" under one wheel every time we have to trailer the cobra to open the drivers door.

I say "wood" we use a piece of trex decking.

The reason we haven't lowered it is getting in and out of the driveway.

I wonder about a few thins on this car. Like will someone make a similar Splitter in Carbon Fiber or something and the licesnse plate area, and the plastic where the Gas filler hole is. I know it sounds a little wierd, but those pieces seem so cheap to me, and I'd like to have something slightly more durable than plastic so I can put away the original pieces and if I ever decided to sell it or whatver I could put on the original pieces. The plastic is my least favorite part of the car, and other than that, I am completely excited!

So the dealer didn't install this for you before you took delivery?

No - I told them not to touch the car other than to drive it off the truck and put it in the showroom. It was delivered with 6 miles on the odo. I did not want a tech doing a PDI and "test" driving it.

The splitter has twelve bolts and six spring clips - so putting it on and taking it off is not an easy operation.

No - I told them not to touch the car other than to drive it off the truck and put it in the showroom. It was delivered with 6 miles on the odo. I did not want a tech doing a PDI and "test" driving it.

The splitter has twelve bolts and six spring clips - so putting it on and taking it off is not an easy operation.

Thanks for the info!

I wonder about a few thins on this car. Like will someone make a similar Splitter in Carbon Fiber or something and the licesnse plate area, and the plastic where the Gas filler hole is. I know it sounds a little wierd, but those pieces seem so cheap to me, and I'd like to have something slightly more durable than plastic so I can put away the original pieces and if I ever decided to sell it or whatver I could put on the original pieces. The plastic is my least favorite part of the car, and other than that, I am completely excited!

I already have carbon fiber rockers, hood vent, and mirror cover on the way. i HATE the plastic on this car. Though as far as it being durable its more so than carbon fiber, its not since if you hit a curb its going to shatter. I am waiting for trucarbon to make a splitter and rear valance. The rear piece should be easy especially since the 12 piece is 10x more complicated than the little bit of plastic in the back now. I'm curious to see how they will do the splitter and if it will retain the ability to remove the addition. It wouldn't take much more fabricating since the job is already half way done for them.

As far as the gas filler hole I don't know why you would want that in carbon fiber since no one can see it unless you open the cap? If you want a carbon fiber license plate frame go to carbonfibergear.com they have them for 50 bucks.

Archived