TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gas mileage experiment

Cdvision

I have a 36 mile (60km) round trip commute to work. The other day I drove to work like an old lady on her way to church on Sunday. I managed 19.9 mpg (11 liters per 100km) in my GT500. It's stop and go traffic, especially on the way home. So I'm pretty pleased with the numbers.

IMAG1039-1.jpg

IMAG1038-1.jpg

I seem to get around 23 to 24 mpg regularly. I posted a new topic awhile ago and asked if the 660 Ford Racing supercharger would affect my mileage. Someone replied they put one on and still got their normal 16 mpg. Maybe I got one with that super secret device for great mileage? Not sure........

I seem to get around 23 to 24 mpg regularly. I posted a new topic awhile ago and asked if the 660 Ford Racing supercharger would affect my mileage. Someone replied they put one on and still got their normal 16 mpg. Maybe I got one with that super secret device for great mileage? Not sure........

Damn that's really good mileage!! I could get that if I was driving down hill all the time. Lol

on my 10 i get 12.2--all local driving mostly in 3rd gear. I too did an experiment--we have one gas station that has non-ethanol gas.I did a tank of that and got 14mpg--i looked into other tests on non ethanol and turns out that ethanol is less efficient than pure gas, and gets about 10% less mpg-- so we in essence are using 10% more gas by putting in 10% ethanol--a zero sum game at best.The govt at work!!

on my 10 i get 12.2--all local driving mostly in 3rd gear. I too did an experiment--we have one gas station that has non-ethanol gas.I did a tank of that and got 14mpg--i looked into other tests on non ethanol and turns out that ethanol is less efficient than pure gas, and gets about 10% less mpg-- so we in essence are using 10% more gas by putting in 10% ethanol--a zero sum game at best.The govt at work!!

Yeah I miss the 94 no ethanol gas I used to buy from Chevron when I lived in Vancouver. But at least I can still get 94 octane even though it contains "up to 10% ethanol".

I get 16 in mixed highway/street driving. I drive...enthusiastically...on the highway and don't use 6th too often, but of my 20-mile commute about 14 of it is in 5th gear, enthusiastically avoiding the state patrol at 75 or so. I reset the average MPG meter once while on the highway and I saw 22-23 for a while. I can't imagine how I could drive to get that kind of mileage in normal mixed driving. The first 60-second stoplight would bring it down below 20. Cobra2564 definitely has found a secret. Are you ever in boost? Is it downhill both ways between your house and work? :D

Yeah I miss the 94 no ethanol gas I used to buy from Chevron when I lived in Vancouver. But at least I can still get 94 octane even though it contains "up to 10% ethanol".

Your back in Alberta. I thought you could just stick a pump in the ground and get all of the gas you need from your back yard.

I get 16 in mixed highway/street driving. I drive...enthusiastically...on the highway and don't use 6th too often, but of my 20-mile commute about 14 of it is in 5th gear, enthusiastically avoiding the state patrol at 75 or so. I reset the average MPG meter once while on the highway and I saw 22-23 for a while. I can't imagine how I could drive to get that kind of mileage in normal mixed driving. The first 60-second stoplight would bring it down below 20. Cobra2564 definitely has found a secret. Are you ever in boost? Is it downhill both ways between your house and work? :D

I just drive it for fun, nice weekend, day off. It is definitely a pleasure ride. We did take it on an extended vacation when we first bought it and got 23 no problem. Yes, I do boost it when I want to, but maybe not to the extent you all might, put that's OK. I used to drag race and drive the snot out of a K code Mustang which I sold (painfully) to get this one. Im just saying that so you know its not my first rodeo. We drive mostly in rural Nebraska so driving is mostly highway ot stop light to stop light. Do belong to the MPH's 2.1 track at Hastings NE but don't count that mileage!

Your back in Alberta. I thought you could just stick a pump in the ground and get all of the gas you need from your back yard.

Lol..I wish!! Yeah, back in E-town for now....working on the plan to get back to Vancouver.

We drive mostly in rural Nebraska so driving is mostly highway ot stop light to stop light. Do belong to the MPH's 2.1 track at Hastings NE but don't count that mileage!

I'm in Omaha work traffic, mostly. I do tend towards max-performance on-ramp clmbing. :D That probably has an effect.

I'm in Omaha work traffic, mostly. I do tend towards max-performance on-ramp clmbing. :D That probably has an effect.

Ever take your over to the track at Hastings (MPH) ? The Iowa one wold be closer for you.

Ever take your over to the track at Hastings (MPH) ? The Iowa one wold be closer for you.

I haven't tracked the car at all yet (It's only 5 months old). I'd need to go on N00b Day, because I have zero track experience. Well, not since I raced go-karts back when I was much younger.

Mine is a daily driver with just over 25,000 miles (Two trips to Carlisle is over 3,000 of those). I get 17-18 mpg driving to work daily and have gotten as high as 26.0 on a recent tank going to Carlisle running 70 to 75 mph. I really think I could get 30 mpg running 55 to 60 mph on level ground. Of course the secret is to get into 5th and 6th gear as soon as you can and stay out of boost .... very difficult to do (LOL).

.... and yes, sadly 10% ethanol will get you the same power but 10% less fuel economy and also uses more engery to produce that a gallon of ethanol free gasoline. :(

Archived