TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, gotcha. Yeah I know what you mean about topics running together. This is all I'm doing for now. I can't keep up with Amigo.

Burning Blue, you're more than welcome to come to my house some Saturday and we'll get your front end done. Together, we can probably have it done in

an hour. Unless I drink too much beer, then it may take all day. haha

If I would live close to you I would visit you for changing parts and drink a lot of beer so we would leave more work for the following week and again drink more beers and so, so... :drool:

If I would live close to you I would visit you for changing parts and drink a lot of beer so we would leave more work for the following week and again drink more beers and so, so... :drool:

LOL! But seriously, it would be cool if we all lived somewhat near to each other. That would be great working on each others cars and learning things from each other.

Burning Blue, you're more than welcome to come to my house some Saturday and we'll get your front end done. Together, we can probably have it done in an hour. Unless I drink too much beer, then it may take all day. haha

Hey thanks Crushinator...still waiting on my parts currently. I would assume it'd be another couple weeks from the way Tousley talked. There's a big demand for the parts...I guess Ford didn't anticipate that so soon. Glad to see you got your front end all switched over! Looks fantastic.

My guy from Tousley Ford just let me know that the GT500 lower grille block off plates cost $74 ea. including discount......I already ordered mine.......

Good morning Amigo...thanks for the info. Whenever you get them can you post up the part numbers? I will be ordering them from Tousley as well.

Good morning Amigo...thanks for the info. Whenever you get them can you post up the part numbers? I will be ordering them from Tousley as well.

I will mi amigo....anyway call them up and talk to Mike R. He will know what you are talking about!! I got an email froim him this morning and told him that go ahead and order it...

Jorge

For those interested in doing this, I ordered my Eastwood radiator paint 2 days ago and got it today. I ordered it through Amazon.com. Did the first coat so far and it looks much better than the aluminum radiator.

Cost was $14.99 + shipping. I taped off anything on the front that could be oversprayed and it's coming out perfect so far. I wasn't real sure how it would look but after looking at the front end of the '13, this is

definitely the way to go. I checked all the local autoparts stores and no one carried any type of radiator paint. You can't use regular spray paint because it has an effect on the cooling and clogs the heat fins.

Here's the link...

http://www.amazon.com/Eastwood-Radiator-Black-Finish-Aerosol/dp/B003CRM9CU

Damn, $150 for two small pieces of plastic to cover the ends of the lower grill. I think I'll leave mine open. I figured they'd be about $10 each. :drop:

Thanks for the review on the radiator paint. I'll have to get some. Did you do the upper and lower? Also did you notice that on the 2013's there is small portion at the top of the radiator that isn't black? Wonder why they did that?

Yeah...those block off plates are crazy priced! But I'm going to get them anyway...I'll wait for Amigo to get his and see what they look like and how they are installed.

Thanks for the review on the radiator paint. I'll have to get some. Did you do the upper and lower? Also did you notice that on the 2013's there is small portion at the top of the radiator that isn't black? Wonder why they did that?

Yeah...those block off plates are crazy priced! But I'm going to get them anyway :hysterical3:...I'll wait for Amigo to get his and see what they look like and how they are installed. :hysterical2:

My guy from Tousley Ford just let me know that the GT500 lower grille block off plates cost $74 ea. including discount......I already ordered mine.......

Good to know and I will add these as well. Thanks Amigo. Man this front end change is getting pricey! I also will do the eastwood rad paint. I have two cans of it waiting for the radiator and heat exchanger. Soon very soon.

I'm going to get them anyway...I'll wait for Amigo to get his and see what they look like and how they are installed.

Amigo,

HE'S NOT THE ONLY ONE! LOL

I just got a gt500 front bumper and 2013 grilles for my 2011 GT. I'm up in the air as to cut the brake ducts out or to get the blockoff plates.

Amigo, can you post up the part #'s for the plates? And does anyone have a pic of the passenger side block off plate up close? I just don't understand how they attach as I have the bumper unpainted and off the car and as I look at how the lower grille pops in, I cant imagine anything fitting in between that space. Part of me just wants to go cut it out and be done with it. $150 for block off plates seems rediculous. Especially after I just bought the front end, 20" wheels and a turbo kit... :drop:

I just got a gt500 front bumper and 2013 grilles for my 2011 GT. I'm up in the air as to cut the brake ducts out or to get the blockoff plates.

The hoods are different on the GT500 vs the Mustang GT.

Isn't the facia/bumper different too? Or did you get a GT500 hood to match the bumper?

And I agree on the price of the plates. For $150, I think I'll see about making my own. I can't see that it'd be hard to do. Maybe even cut the ends off of the OE egg crate grille and morph them into the new one. I already have my brake duct bezels installed in my OE grille so I could still use them on the new unit and I already have to get a new grille to replace mine that I cut holes in (if I ever want to return it to stock).

Phill

Is anyone concerned about the open upper and lower 2013 grill design allowing the radiator to be damaged?

My 2013 GT500 is on order and I would like to find a black mesh insert to keep out too many bugs or prevent stone damage.

Any after market products yet? I havent seen any.

Is anyone concerned about the open upper and lower 2013 grill design allowing the radiator to be damaged?

My 2013 GT500 is on order and I would like to find a black mesh insert to keep out too many bugs or prevent stone damage.

Any after market products yet? I havent seen any.

I bought some black mesh and trim to make my own screens, but I don't think I'm going to use it.

You know I really like the look of the open grill and was thinking of doing this also but now just today out for a drive I had a bird hit my lower grill. It hit hard enough of course it killed it plus had a few feathers stuck on the grill when I went to wash it, so now I wonder what if had the open design?

Archived