TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Finally 2013 grilles are installed.....

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't you just attach some textured black plastic to the back of the side areas with small screws? I'm not sure if that area needs to be open if you aren't running the brake duct kit?

I was thinkin' you could just glue it to the facia where the brake duct is. A block-off plate, so to speak.

I would think you can find a piece at any hobby type store.

Phill

I think I'm going to take 2sharpie's advice and plasti dip it, and put some black powdercoated wire mesh over the entire opening. I guess my next purchase is going to be the brake duct kit.

I think the plastic-dip would be the easiest and best looking.....+1 on the brake duct kit too!

I think I'm going to take 2sharpie's advice and plasti dip it, and put some black powdercoated wire mesh over the entire opening. I guess my next purchase is going to be the brake duct kit.

I am thinking the same.......Not in stock at this moment......they have the bezels but no the duct kit

I think the plastic-dip would be the easiest and best looking.......

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. What part are you talking about plastic-dipping? The part of the facia that is exposed behind the grille openings?

I'm wondering how you would 'dip' them?

Phill

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. What part are you talking about plastic-dipping? The part of the facia that is exposed behind the grille openings?

I'm wondering how you would 'dip' them?

Phill

Plasti Dip comes in an aerosol can just like spray paint. You can just spray it on and when it dries it leaves a vinyl/plastic type coating on there that does not damage what you're spraying it on. You can just peel it off when you want. Quite a few people, including myself, use this on rims. Its a cheap ($6/can) and non-permanent alternative to powder coating

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202261898/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=plasti+dip&storeId=10051 The description mentions using a primer but I never used it on my rims and the many videos you can find on youtube never show anyone using it.

Plasti Dip comes in an aerosol can just like spray paint. You can just spray it on and when it dries it leaves a vinyl/plastic type coating on there that does not damage what you're spraying it on. You can just peel it off when you want. Quite a few people, including myself, use this on rims. Its a cheap ($6/can) and non-permanent alternative to powder coating

http://www.homedepot...p&storeId=10051 The description mentions using a primer but I never used it on my rims and the many videos you can find on youtube never show anyone using it.

Whoops........sorry Phil for the late response. 2nd2none's got it right. I was talking about doing the "exposed" area on our cars that shows the brake duct section that would be visible. I've also seen it usually used without the primer. Nothing permanent, and at $5 or so a spray can you cant go wrong trying it out.

post-25336-0-59131200-1338408186_thumb.jpg

post-25336-0-59131200-1338408186_thumb.jpg

Mystere resolved......I attended Shelby rev salute yesterday and there was a 2013 in the showroom. Here some pictures of the end openings. There is a plastic piece which makes the opening being hidden. I tried to put my hand in as far as I could and I realized that this plastic piece goes around..post-33685-0-55517600-1338471424_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-55517600-1338471424_thumb.jpg

Also I noticed that in front of the radiator there is something that the 2012 doesnt have. It's a small radiator or cooler....Also i realized that the radiator is black in the 2013. It's silver in 2012 so the bugs and little stones can be seen clearly.. This is the right side of it.post-33685-0-73190900-1338471759_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-73190900-1338471759_thumb.jpg

Also I noticed that in front of the radiator there is something that the 2012 doesnt have. It's a small radiator or cooler....Also i realized that the radiator is black in the 2013. It's silver in 2012 so the bugs and little stones can be seen clearly.. This is the right side of it.post-33685-0-73190900-1338471759_thumb.jpg

"Also available on the GT500 is the new Performance Pack which offers SVT/Bilstein electronically adjustable shocks and a Torsen limited-slip differential. Finally, an optional Track Pack adds an extra engine oil cooler, rear differential cooler and a transmission cooler to manage the sustained high temperatures during a track day."

I'd guess its the extra oil cooler or trans cooler

I'd guess its the extra oil cooler or trans cooler

That's what I was thinking too. Which means there's probably a different block-off plate for a non-TP equipped car.

I figured there'd be something more there after seeing a new GT5 that someone posted pics of in the spoiler thread.

Phill

Very interesting and thanks for posting Amigo. Weird how that cover is clearly and add on piece on the 13 yet no part number with a pop in screw.

I am sticking with black paint for the brake cooling hole brackets and calling it a day. Looks good enough to me.

I am thinking the same.......Not in stock at this moment......they have the bezels but no the duct kit

What bezels you talkin' about? Shelby bezels?

What brake ducts?

Phill

Very interesting and thanks for posting Amigo. Weird how that cover is clearly and add on piece on the 13 yet no part number with a pop in screw.

I am sticking with black paint for the brake cooling hole brackets and calling it a day. Looks good enough to me.

Does not look like the plastic parts seen on the picture Amigo posted previously (see attached)

It looks like the track option might include ducts and that is why there could be two different plastic parts behind the lower grille depending on the optional pkg choosen.

post-22789-0-82671600-1338485152_thumb.jpg

post-22789-0-82671600-1338485152_thumb.jpg

Does not look like the plastic parts seen on the picture Amigo posted previously (see attached)

It looks like the track option might include ducts and that is why there could be two different plastic parts behind the lower grille depending on the optional pkg choosen.

I didnt have thought about this. You are right....Two different types of plastic...

What bezels you talkin' about? Shelby bezels?

What brake ducts?

Phill

Mi amigo Phil....it could be Shelby or Oval Industries. I saw on ebay a couple of different brands but I realized that it won't fit in the way that I like it....the hole is not in the middle but to the end of the side. so I guess there is not enough room for the ring of the bezel...post-33685-0-18332700-1338490271_thumb.jpgpost-33685-0-53541000-1338490457_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-18332700-1338490271_thumb.jpg

post-33685-0-53541000-1338490457_thumb.jpg

Did you paint your radiator black?

Archived