TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Memorial Engine Rev Details

eagledriver

John and Tony are putting the finishing touches on the engine rev at 955 PM EST that will be held at Summit Point.

I will hold the northern engine rev for those arriving at the Radisson in Carlisle and the Invitational car owners.

AT 9PM EST on Wednesday 5/30 I will be leading the Shelbys that have arrived at Carlisle. Any Carlisle participant needs to be at the main gate (gate #3) at 9PM. This is critical as we need to have security open it for us and check all cars prior to entry. We will be meeting the Invitational car owners that are arriving to set up in the display building. At exactly 955PM EST we will all start our engines in unison with our Summit Point friends and Shelby owners around the world for the FIRST of two NE send offs to Mr. Shelby.

For those who can't make the Wednesday night enginge rev: NO worries. On Saturday 6/2 at exactly 12 noon EST , once we have verified the world record gathering of Shelbys, Carlisle is planning a very special send off to Mr. Shelby as well. AT 12 PM EST a minute of silence will be enforced over the entire 3,000 + car show field, At 1201 PM EST, a special guest will give the command for the entire show field ( Shelbys, mustangs, F series, Thunderbirds, Falcons, etc...) to rev their engines in a final salute to the king of horsepower. The best calculations that we have estimated are just over 2 MILLION horsepower revving at one time in one place. A farewell to Mr. Shelby, Carlisle style !

Details to follow in the very-soon-to-be-released survival guide !

Andy

Isnt the Rev Your Engine Memorial on Wednesday night 5/30 at 955pm, not Thursday?

Michael,

You are correct. Thanks for the heads up... original post edited to reflect correct day and time. Also, Survival guide will have all details as well as the correct day and time B)

Remember, those who can't make it to either location Weds night 5/30 will be able to have your ears blasted out on Saturday 6/2 at high noon as just over two million hosrepower revs up at the Carlisle show field! This was a special request from multiple car groups to TS. Our Ford brothers want to show their suport to the King of Horsepower and have really made the Saturday rev a show of unity and friendship.

For those who can't make the Wednesday night enginge rev: NO worries. On Saturday 6/2 at exactly 12 noon EST , once we have verified the world record gathering of Shelbys, Carlisle is planning a very special send off to Mr. Shelby as well. AT 12 PM EST a minute of silence will be enforced over the entire 3,000 + car show field, At 1201 PM EST, a special guest will give the command for the entire show field ( Shelbys, mustangs, F series, Thunderbirds, Falcons, etc...) to rev their engines in a final salute to the king of horsepower. The best calculations that we have estimated are just over 2 MILLION horsepower revving at one time in one place. A farewell to Mr. Shelby, Carlisle style !

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDEEEEE! I gotta make sure i get video of that

Do you know if there are any gatherings in New England for the Shelby Memorial Rev night on Wednesday the 30th? I live in NH and would like to participate in a gathering a little closer to home if possible.

Kevin, Not that I know of. Check the main thread on the general TS forum. There is a running list of sites as they are being added or perhaps you could start one?

You talk about the engine revving on wednesday night, but are you also showing the memorial telecast? I think the important thing is viewing the actual memorial telecast with Jay Leno. Is that being shown or is it just the revving?

I am interested in putting something together for the Southeastern Virginia Shelby's. Please let me know if anyone else is interested as I will plan it, I just need to know who will participate.

Rudy

You talk about the engine revving on wednesday night, but are you also showing the memorial telecast? I think the important thing is viewing the actual memorial telecast with Jay Leno. Is that being shown or is it just the revving?

would it be possible to get an answer to this question?

will there be a similcast showing of the memorial ceremony at carlisle?

or is it just the engine revving?

Correct, We will not be telecasting the memorial as we really aren't equiped with a screen large enough. So we are only reving the engines. Also, at Summit Point the hotel will telecast it but the rev is at a different location so again not in the same place.

Trust me, I'd love to have a large screen for the memorial but have been working every single day putting the finishing touches on the 50th celebration. I simply can't squeeze in one more thing for the event.

After reviewing this thread and the survival guide, we do not see where exactly the gathering for the Summit Point / Winchester group is being held.

Does anyone know if there is a central gathering point or is it just each hotel group who will be participating.

Mike

Archived