TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby GT500

I am the very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 fully loaded with a $45,435.00 sticker price, I went with the Shaker 1000 in lieu of the the Nav. system and also ordered the car cover.

I love my car as this is an amazing vehicle and the Ford Motor Company did a incredible job in building this spectactular car.

My car was ordered on Jan 21, 2007 and delivered the first week of March 07, the car is still in all the factory plastic and I didn't allow the dealer to prep it ( mechanical check only ). The car has 11.7 miles on it and the supercharger is still in sleeper mode.

I noticed that Ford is now making a Red Stripe Pkg. ( which I would much rather have) and I am concerned that with the limited quantities of these being built and also with the KR coming out that mine might not hold it's value. Any thought's ???????????????????????????????????????

I noticed that the V.I.N. on these cars are all over the place ( 1ZVHT88 is all the same for coupes with 89 for the conv.) ( but then the next 3 digits are different ?) 175, 275,375 etc. why? then the next 6 digits are the cars sequence, is there any way to track the production number, how many were made in a certain color combo, Etc.

Thanks and any help would be greatly apprieciated.

post-8609-1176591105_thumb.jpg

post-8609-1176591105_thumb.jpg

Even though only 750 "Red Stripe" GT500's are slated to be built, that really isn't any rarer than most other color/stripe combinations available throughout 2007. For example, I can't imagine too many Grabber Orange GT500's being built (even though it looks cool, it's still a "love it or hate it" color). Divide up the 9,000 or so 2007's by the number of color/stripe combinations available, and you'll see that 750 isn't a big number.

The VIN numbers are, indeed, all over the place for GT500's. Ford runs all 2007 Mustang VIN's together (V6, Pony, GT, GT/CS, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500, etc.) and cars are not built in VIN order. Therefor, you will not know the build sequence of your GT500 until the end of 2007 production when SVT tallies up the stats and mails you the Certificate of Authenticity for your car which will tell you which unit out of how many total built your GT500 is.

Your car's value is not going to take a hit just because a "Red Stripe" option or a KR model are being offered. You have an incredible car. My only concern about your particular car is that it is not being enjoyed and driven from the sounds of it. Time to take of the shipping plastic, and burn some rubber, my friend!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Apr 14 2007, 08:41 PM) 131847[/snapback]
Even though only 750 "Red Stripe" GT500's are slated to be built, that really isn't any rarer than most other color/stripe combinations available throughout 2007. For example, I can't imagine too many Grabber Orange GT500's being built (even though it looks cool, it's still a "love it or hate it" color). Divide up the 9,000 or so 2007's by the number of color/stripe combinations available, and you'll see that 750 isn't a big number.

The VIN numbers are, indeed, all over the place for GT500's. Ford runs all 2007 Mustang VIN's together (V6, Pony, GT, GT/CS, Shelby GT, Shelby GT500, etc.) and cars are not built in VIN order. Therefor, you will not know the build sequence of your GT500 until the end of 2007 production when SVT tallies up the stats and mails you the Certificate of Authenticity for your car which will tell you which unit out of how many total built your GT500 is.

Your car's value is not going to take a hit just because a "Red Stripe" option or a KR model are being offered. You have an incredible car. My only concern about your particular car is that it is not being enjoyed and driven from the sounds of it. Time to take of the shipping plastic, and burn some rubber, my friend!

+1 The red stripe pkg is indeed an awesome combo just as all the other combos. To me, this just adds to the uniqueness of all of our cars and keeps the overall GT500 'mystique' going strong. 3,800 miles on my vista blue and going strong.

I am the very proud owner of a 2007 Shelby GT500 fully loaded with a $45,435.00 sticker price, I went with the Shaker 1000 in lieu of the the Nav. system and also ordered the car cover.

I love my car as this is an amazing vehicle and the Ford Motor Company did a incredible job in building this spectactular car.

My car was ordered on Jan 21, 2007 and delivered the first week of March 07, the car is still in all the factory plastic and I didn't allow the dealer to prep it ( mechanical check only ). The car has 11.7 miles on it and the supercharger is still in sleeper mode.

I noticed that Ford is now making a Red Stripe Pkg. ( which I would much rather have) and I am concerned that with the limited quantities of these being built and also with the KR coming out that mine might not hold it's value. Any thought's ???????????????????????????????????????

I noticed that the V.I.N. on these cars are all over the place ( 1ZVHT88 is all the same for coupes with 89 for the conv.) ( but then the next 3 digits are different ?) 175, 275,375 etc. why? then the next 6 digits are the cars sequence, is there any way to track the production number, how many were made in a certain color combo, Etc.

Thanks and any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Even if you paid sticker, which I am guessing you did not, you would still have to hold onto this car for a LONG LONG time to see it be worth what it is listed at STICKER for, nevermind selling it to buy your dream house in Malibu.

Like DECADES - not months, not a few years.

'It's going to be a collector' reminds me of a car I once saw for sale at a used Corvette dealership. There was a ZR1, the old C5 version on the showroom floor - MINT condition, only had like 80 miles on it. The firewall under the hood had been SIGNED by every relavent engineer at the plant it was built, and it was the LAST ZR1 ever to be built at the plant, prior to it being closed for all time. The guy that bought it paid 85k for it, had it trailered from the plant after walking it through being built and signed, sat on it from 1992 (I think?) until I saw it in like 2000.

What did eight years of sitting on that ONE OF A KIND NEVER TO BE MADE AGAIN cars get him?

The car was for sale for 31k - and it's not like it was beating off offers at that price.

Telling yourself something is going to be a collectible doesn't make it one - scarcity does. And for a 3 year run this car isn't exactly going to be 'Enzo' scarce.

my .02 cents.

Take your car out and drive it - best option you have.

What do you mean by "hold it's value"?

Are you hoping it won't depreciate from what you paid....even by a penny?

I guess that depends on what was paid!

If someone paid MSRP or $5k over then their car would likely be worth more than they paid. If they paid $65k - $70k then their car would likely be less than they paid.

I have seen some used GT500's with 900 - 1200 miles on them sell for over $60k. Why I don't know since you can find a new one for that, but that is what they sold for.

All in all, unless you are selling it then it really doesn't matter what it is worth. No matter what the value is it isn't going to generate anything as far as money while just owning it and driving it. So unless you are in the market to sell it the value has no meaning. You can't spend or invest its value by just owning it. So does it really matter if it is worth $1 or $100k if you have no intention of selling it anyway? What difference does it make?

If someone paid MSRP or $5k over then their car would likely be worth more than they paid. If they paid $65k - $70k then their car would likely be less than they paid.

I have seen some used GT500's with 900 - 1200 miles on them sell for over $60k. Why I don't know since you can find a new one for that, but that is what they sold for.

All in all, unless you are selling it then it really doesn't matter what it is worth. No matter what the value is it isn't going to generate anything as far as money while just owning it and driving it. So unless you are in the market to sell it the value has no meaning. You can't spend or invest its value by just owning it. So does it really matter if it is worth $1 or $100k if you have no intention of selling it anyway? What difference does it make?

I was very, very fortunate to pay m.s.r.p. for my car as I was on a waiting list for 3 years at a very reputable and honest dealer here locally in Michigan, I am also first on their list for a 2008 GT500 KR which I am guaranteed to get as they qualify for 1 allocated model, so I will be selling my 2007 GT500 with 6.1 miles on it when that arrives.

I only wish I knew the pricing and color scheme for the KR as I love my black with white stripe GT500 and hope they offer that on the GT500KR as well.

This is a great website

• 2 weeks later...

I am into mine for a little under $38,800 plus TTL so I guess I will be OK for a while.

Therefor, you will not know the build sequence of your GT500 until the end of 2007 production when SVT tallies up the stats and mails you the Certificate of Authenticity for your car which will tell you which unit out of how many total built your GT500 is.

Will they do this automatically? Do you have to do anything to recieve this cirtificate, or will it just come in the mail? Will they do it with the Shelby GT also?

J

$40,005 invoice (premium interior and Lemans stripe delete only options) minus holdback.

Nope Shelbydude, and I am not a dealer.

I see. So some dealer just gave you one at net cost.

What's the story behind getting it for that? Was that the dealer's only one or did they get several?

I see. So some dealer just gave you one at net cost.

What's the story behind getting it for that? Was that the dealer's only one or did they get several?

They got two. The dealer took one and I bought the other. You have the ability to check the numbers $40,005 is the invoice and $38,759.58 is net cost which is what he sold me mine for. What will really make you sick is that a buddy of mine has dibs on a KR for the same deal. (I know it made me sick because I had a 68 and really like the look of the KR.) All dealers are not pimps. It is good to have friends.

Dan

They got two. The dealer took one and I bought the other. You have the ability to check the numbers $40,005 is the invoice and $38,759.58 is net cost which is what he sold me mine for. What will really make you sick is that a buddy of mine has dibs on a KR for the same deal. (I know it made me sick because I had a 68 and really like the look of the KR.) All dealers are not pimps. It is good to have friends.

Dan

I wasn't questioning the numbers. I was curious as to why the dealer would give it away.

So basically he got two which he gave you one of them at net cost and kept the other for himself which he then paid $1,500 out of pocket for his that he kept.

He must be some friend.

It sounds like you have a great story to tell that is behind this.

I wasn't questioning the numbers. I was curious as to why the dealer would give it away.

So basically he got two which he gave you one of them at net cost and kept the other for himself which he then paid $1,500 out of pocket for his that he kept.

He must be some friend.

It sounds like you have a great story to tell that is behind this.

He is a good friend and you are right there is a story. But that is for another time. Just looking at the posts for the last couple of months I have come to the conclusion that I received the best deal in the nation on a GT500 sold at retail. I appreciate what he did (and he knows the magnitude of the favor because he turned down $20K over sticker for his), but I asked before all of the hoopla started. I had to promise him that the car was for me and not for resale. I am having the most fun returning to my teen years when i drove a 68 GT500. It was barely streetable, but I was young. And it was not nearly as fast as this thing.

Dan

He is a good friend and you are right there is a story. But that is for another time. Just looking at the posts for the last couple of months I have come to the conclusion that I received the best deal in the nation on a GT500 sold at retail. I appreciate what he did (and he knows the magnitude of the favor because he turned down $20K over sticker for his), but I asked before all of the hoopla started. I had to promise him that the car was for me and not for resale. I am having the most fun returning to my teen years when i drove a 68 GT500. It was barely streetable, but I was young. And it was not nearly as fast as this thing.

Dan

Yes, you would have gotten the best deal in the nation. Did you think there was any way someone could have gotten a better deal than net net net cost? That is actually less than the dealer's cost after you take into account the $1,500 enrollment fee.

The only other deal that was basically the same as far price was a dealer that claimed he got one for his wife that he was selling to her for D-Plan. But D-Plan is excluded on this car and is not available, even though it list the D-Plan price on thew invoice. Ford does not pay any commission on plan sales on the GT500.

BTW, not only would you be the one that got the best deal in the nation on a GT500, but you would be one of the very rare people that got the best deal in the nation on any new car sold retail. If dealers sold all their cars at net net net cost they would not be in business long.

BTW, your numbers are off by a buck! LOL

Invoice $40,006.10 - $1,246 holdback = $38,760.10 (this is with the only option being the premier trim package)

It would be interesting to hear your story about this.

Yes, you would have gotten the best deal in the nation. Did you think there was any way someone could have gotten a better deal than net net net cost? That is actually less than the dealer's cost after you take into account the $1,500 enrollment fee.

The only other deal that was basically the same as far price was a dealer that claimed he got one for his wife that he was selling to her for D-Plan. But D-Plan is excluded on this car and is not available, even though it list the D-Plan price on thew invoice. Ford does not pay any commission on plan sales on the GT500.

BTW, not only would you be the one that got the best deal in the nation on a GT500, but you would be one of the very rare people that got the best deal in the nation on any new car sold retail. If dealers sold all their cars at net net net cost they would not be in business long.

BTW, your numbers are off by a buck! LOL

Invoice $40,006.10 - $1,246 holdback = $38,760.10 (this is with the only option being the premier trim package)

It would be interesting to hear your story about this.

So I really got it for less than cost. I took my numbers off of my paperwork. I must have driven a hard bargain. Someone needs to talk to the finance manager. LOL

Here is a better picture.

Dan

post-8561-1178471223_thumb.jpg

post-8561-1178471223_thumb.jpg

So I really got it for less than cost. I took my numbers off of my paperwork. I must have driven a hard bargain. Someone needs to talk to the finance manager. LOL

Here is a better picture.

Dan

I'm curious, was there any type of fees involved? Other than just tax, title and lic.....did they charge any other type of fees, such as prep fees or anything?

Don't let Chuckstang see that pic! He has one ordered that is black with the stripe delete. If sees this pic he will be wetting himself! LOL :hysterical:

I'm curious, was there any type of fees involved? Other than just tax, title and lic.....did they charge any other type of fees, such as prep fees or anything?

Don't let Chuckstang see that pic! He has one ordered that is black with the stripe delete. If sees this pic he will be wetting himself! LOL :hysterical:

If you looked at my paperwork it shows a prep fee, but the price was reduced by that amount so that it netted out to the figure I gave you. I really paid cost plus TTL. I ordered it like I wanted it and paid for it when it came in.

I saw Chuck was looking for one like this. Didn't he order rocker stripe delete also?

Dan

If you looked at my paperwork it shows a prep fee, but the price was reduced by that amount so that it netted out to the figure I gave you. I really paid cost plus TTL. I ordered it like I wanted it and paid for it when it came in.

I saw Chuck was looking for one like this. Didn't he order rocker stripe delete also?

Dan

Yes, I think so. I think his will be solid black with no stripes at all.

• 1 month later...

Dan

Wow Dan...Great deal. I missed this thread and I am happy for you.

Wow. Hard to believe...but I do.

66 GT HIPO also claims to have gotten his less than MSRP... so there might be two of you with this strange but amazing deal.

I asked before, and no one knew, but what is the difference between Dealer Price, Dealer Invoice w/Holdback, and Suggested Retail which I think is MSRP????

66 GT HIPO also claims to have gotten his less than MSRP... so there might be two of you with this strange but amazing deal.

I asked before, and no one knew, but what is the difference between Dealer Price, Dealer Invoice w/Holdback, and Suggested Retail which I think is MSRP????

maybe this will help, it's the 2007 GT500 price list & the 2006 Mustang price list

price_list.bmp

2006_mustang_price_list.pdf

price_list.bmp

2006_mustang_price_list.pdf

Dan

So you own the bank that holds the deed on the dealership?

Archived