TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Coil Cover Torx Size

Can someone tell me what size the torx are on the coil covers? It seems I need to visit the store and am going to have to buy some more tools, might as well get these too.

thx in advance.

• 1 month later...

Greetings!

Just changed my out with a set of the SPP blue with the Snake / GT 500 logo.

My car must be an early production version. The passenger side rear coil cover bolt is actually a stud with an external torx head on it. Another form listed the size as E5 but mine was on with an E6. Played the devil trying to find an E6 bit but after a bunch of phone calls I found one in a set in an Oreilly's Auto Parts store.

And a 4mm socket if you have the early style fastener (closest to the passenger):

5IMG_1891.jpg

The exhaust studs are like that too. I think I would'a twisted out a 12pt socket that small because they were in there TIGHT.

I double nutted them and they came out with ease. If you don't have a 4mm 12pt socket you can use two nuts and jamb them together to use as a hex driver.

Phill

don't cha though...

This is crazy! I used a TP27 to get my coil covers off and I KNOW I used the E6 to get that back bolt loose. WTF!!!! :rant2:

Pics don't lie either!

I'm SOOOOO confused???? :runaway:

This is crazy! I used a TP27 to get my coil covers off and I KNOW I used the E6 to get that back bolt loose. WTF!!!! :rant2:

A 27 is close enough to 30 that it probably worked. If the Torx was real tight ya might'a stripped it.

And it IS a E6. The 4mm 12pt is NOT the same as a Torx, but obviously works.

Phill

A 27 is close enough to 30 that it probably worked. If the Torx was real tight ya might'a stripped it.

And it IS a E6. The 4mm 12pt is NOT the same as a Torx, but obviously works.

Phill

Phill you are my hero! You seem to know all the details! Thanks!

Phill you are my hero! You seem to know all the details! Thanks!

I was a auto mechanic for most of my adult life. I know ways to mickey mouse a tool to work! <lol>

Necessity is the mother of invention.....Or, in this case, the mother of Mickey Mouse!

Phill

Archived