TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby Rev Your Engines Memorial Salute

sharon

It may be posted somewhere in this thread, or on the site, but is there anything being coordinated in Southeast Michigan?

Ford World Headquarters, or the Automotive Hall of Fame, (also in Dearborn) would be good spots. The HOF seems more fitting given the fact that Shelby didn't only work with Ford. Though it might be easier to get something set up with Ford. And I think the parking lot in front is bigger.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff,

What about Denver area???

JD,

See Sharon's first post here or the threads in the Mountain Region section. I have an event planned up at Bandimere Speedway with the live webcast to be shown on big screen in the Top Eliminator club. Hope to see you there!

Sharon, I received an email with the message in the first paragraph. Does this mean I am on the invitation list for the Peterson Museum tribute, am I being invited to join the rev solute at the Peterson Museum, or was I emailed the announcment only?

You would need to contact them, I am not in charge of the perterson event.

Sharon

Sharon, before I do anything I'd like to throw this out there... since not everyone that owns a Shelby is a member of Team Shelby, would it be okay to set something up at, let's say a local Ford Dealer, and let the local radio stations broadcast the arrangements? I don't want to start something without asking for Team Shelbys okay first.

Thanx

San Diego? Hello? San Diego?

In Balboa Park is the Air and Space Museum, built in 1935 as the Ford Building for the International Exposition. San Diego Automotive Museum right next door. Probably pretty good parking opportunities at that hour in this public park.

Sharon,

Please check the time. Is it 6:55 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time) or 6:55 pm PDT (Pacific Daylight Time)? I think you meant PDT but since the timing is critical we need to be sure it is correct.

Al

I was told that PST and PDT are the same time in Nv in summer but that it is actual PDT sorry for the confusion

In Michigan, the following event will take place at the Automotive Hall of Fame:

Automotive Hall of Fame

21400 Oakwood Boulevard

Dearborn, MI 48124

Doors will open at 8:30 p.m. EST

Free Admission (normal $8)

All displays will be available for viewing

The Memorial webcast will be displayed in their auditorium.

Special Carroll Shelby memorial stickers will be provided at no cost.

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

JD,

See Sharon's first post here or the threads in the Mountain Region section. I have an event planned up at Bandimere Speedway with the live webcast to be shown on big screen in the Top Eliminator club. Hope to see you there!

Sorry Jeff, I scrolled right by it. B)

Im guessing if you need to ask if you are invited to Peterson, you arent on the list. It is VERY limited in capacity, and if mods and regional directors and even most employees of SA arent invited, I would say the Team Shelby list would be TINY. I know 3 people going, because of their close work with CSF.

I need an excuse for a short road trip so instead of the local gathering at Petersen I'm going to attend the one in Las Vegas. Seems more appropriate to pay my respects at the same place where my beloved Shelby GT-C was born !

NICE!

We'll see ya here!

Jer

Hi Everyone

There will be a "Rev Your Shelby Memorial Salute" in the San Diego area at:

JBA Performance Center

5675 Kearny Villa Road

San Diego, CA 92123

Parking is open at 6:00 PM and the memorial salute will begin at 6:30 PM with the "Rev Your Shelby" event happening at 6:55 PM. All Shelby cars and fans from the San Diego area are encouraged to attend. This event is sponsored by the SoCal SAAC (San Diego) Club. Looking forward to seeing all Shelby fans from the San Diego area at this event.

Anywher in Scottsdale/Phoenix Az

I started a topic in the Mountain Region forum for a Scottsdale/Phoenix location, but haven't had any comments there. I have had a couple people contact me directly, so I know there is interest there, but nobody has set anything up yet that I know of.

What about The Oakville Ford Plant? Just thinking that might be a little more central for all us Ontarians?

Oakville would be great, does anyone know someone at the Oakville Ford plant that could arrange a broadcast of the memorial?

Anywher in Scottsdale/Phoenix Az

I started a topic in the Mountain Region forum for a Scottsdale/Phoenix location, but haven't had any comments there. I have had a couple people contact me directly, so I know there is interest there, but nobody has set anything up yet that I know of.

Here is what was said in the news release for Tucson AZ.

As we all know, Carroll Shelby passed away on May 11th. Since his death, many people have been working on a proper memorial tribute to this icon of automotive giants. They have come up with the perfect tribute. All across the WORLD next Wednesday at 6:55 PM (Tucson) there will be a "Rev Your Shelby". This will include all Shelby Vehicles as well as Mustangs. All of this will be coordinated from the Peterson Museum in Los Angeles, California. There will be a live web cast from that location which will direct the "Rev" across the world. What better way to celebrate Carroll's life than to rev your engine at the same time as his friends and fans around the world.

Tucson will be part of this memorial and you can be a part of what must be a never before tribute. Everyone in the US is trying to do this on top of a parking garage. We have found a location here and we have secured approval to do so. Our celebration will be on the parking garage downtown on Congress, east of I-10. It's easy to access and provides a beautiful setting with the downtown skyline to the east and the Tucson Mountains on the west. We would like a big turnout for this with Cobras, GT-350s GT-500s Shelby Mustangs and ALL other Mustangs for support. You don't want to miss this!

The parking garage is free and the gates are opened after 6:00 PM. All we ask is that everyone drive with care inside the garage. There are cameras in the garage and we don't want to be ejected. We are here for a memorial, not a race to the top. (Avoid the Desire) See the map and directions below. Also attached is an agenda for the tribute.

Slide1.jpg

Archived