TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tires. Goodyear or Michelin

fbbob96

After all the input from you guys and reading reviews available on the net, I decided to go with the Michelins. Considering wear life (30K), fuel efficiency, braking,comfort and handling they are worth the little bit of extra money. I have almost 8K mile on the goodyears and I admit they are wearing pretty good,don't look like thay are half way gone yet,but as soon as they wear out, Michelins are going to be the replacements for sure.

I am in a similar situation on mine - have about 7200 miles on them, however for the last 1000-1500 they have been getting really loud. They used to be very quiet but as the rubber on the inside blocks wears down it's getting almost unbearable at highway speeds. I think the Michelins are coming sooner than I had hoped.

Has anyone stepped down a profile?

I have the 285/35-20 Goodyears all around and I am STRONGLY considering the Michelin PSS in 285/30-20 at all corners when the time comes. I'm trying to free up a tiny bit of space in my front fenders because it is very close, and I don't like staggered sidewall profiles.

• 9 months later...

Archived