TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Conversion

leviathon

So maybe I'm reading this different. But its possible to convert your mustang into a Shelby? Just by buying the required parts

Why can't we build our own Shelby? Hell that's what Carroll did.

There's no need to get defensive and I apologize of I came off harsh. I'm just wondering why we can't install the parts ourselves and have it registered

since the cs6 and cs8 officially no unofficially yep. If you want one you can put in the registry you have to have a shelby approved shop do it.

The CS6 / CS8 program was the first "Shelby" offering on a Ford product in 35 years and was first shown at Sema in 2005 before any other current modern day Shelby was available.

It was designed to allow you to build a "Shelby" at your own pace but the parts and labour costs with the price of a new vehicle pushed the price of a full turn II vehicle close to GT500 territory so it was not very successful.

The program was discontinued a couple of years ago so purchasing all the required components now would be next to impossible.

If you purchased all required component parts at the time you either received a "Turn I" dash plaque or "turn II" if you added the supercharged package.

I think there was less than 25 cars ever completed.

It was not a requirement to have a Shelby authorized shop build the car to have it in the registry, you simply had to have SAI verify all components were purchased and installed with invoice copies and photographs of the completed vehicle.

As far as being a "true Shelby"...Amy always said..."Carroll has one and to him it's a real Shelby"..so I guess that's good enough for me.

ShelbyCS6 described the program above very well. At the time, this program helped get Shelby Amerian going again. It was offerred for a very short time and no longer is. Have you looked into a GTS? It would be very hard pressed to buy the parts and put them on yourself for very much less than the base GTS package. So the answer is simple. It is no longer offerred, they build the GTS today if you want a registered Shelby. It is a great package.

I take it you completed yours into one of the few? Congratulations on that man

The CS6 / CS8 program was the first "Shelby" offering on a Ford product in 35 years and was first shown at Sema in 2005 before any other current modern day Shelby was available.

It was designed to allow you to build a "Shelby" at your own pace but the parts and labour costs with the price of a new vehicle pushed the price of a full turn II vehicle close to GT500 territory so it was not very successful.

The program was discontinued a couple of years ago so purchasing all the required components now would be next to impossible.

If you purchased all required component parts at the time you either received a "Turn I" dash plaque or "turn II" if you added the supercharged package.

I think there was less than 25 cars ever completed.

It was not a requirement to have a Shelby authorized shop build the car to have it in the registry, you simply had to have SAI verify all components were purchased and installed with invoice copies and photographs of the completed vehicle.

As far as being a "true Shelby"...Amy always said..."Carroll has one and to him it's a real Shelby"..so I guess that's good enough for me.

I think you may have misunderstood me. I said since the cs6 and 8 you have to have an approved shop build your Shelby. I didn't imply that the cs ones had to be. I wish they still had the cs program I would have loved to build my own real Shelby.

I understand the point of it. I'm just sad that a great man is gone. But I set out to build my own and that's what I'll do. To bad not many people do that anymore

I think you may have misunderstood me. I said since the cs6 and 8 you have to have an approved shop build your Shelby. I didn't imply that the cs ones had to be. I wish they still had the cs program I would have loved to build my own real Shelby.

Yes, I did misunderstand sorry, my mistake

I'm a very proud owner of a CS6 convertibleTurn II vehicle which is one of only a couple ever built.

Impressive. :victory:

I wouldn't think that there is a way to register a non-Shelby mustang as a Shelby in any way anymore except a package at SA. No reason you can't still build up a heck of a Mustang.

just a question i tried calling Shelby American and got no answer left a message and didn't get a call however I'm really close to being done with the conversion. I have every single part on my car except the brakes and suspension. If I do save up more money to buy the brakes and suspension can I take it to an authorized Shelby Shop and possibly get it registered as a Shelby. I'm hearing the program is shut; sell it and buy a gts etc. This is my first car I'm only 18 and I'm proud I somehow managed to save $10grand so far just on parts and installation.

just a question i tried calling Shelby American and got no answer left a message and didn't get a call however I'm really close to being done with the conversion. I have every single part on my car except the brakes and suspension. If I do save up more money to buy the brakes and suspension can I take it to an authorized Shelby Shop and possibly get it registered as a Shelby. I'm hearing the program is shut; sell it and buy a gts etc. This is my first car I'm only 18 and I'm proud I somehow managed to save $10grand so far just on parts and installation.

Did you get the CS kit or have you just put together parts off different cars? If you have the CS kit i would think you could still get it registered but if its just a bunch of different parts you cant but that doesnt mean you dont have a sweet ride.

Unless you have every single item on the list, the answer will be no .

SAI requests a faxed invoice copy of all components purchased and where they were purchased from.

You also have to send photographs of the completed vehicle.

Things like the Razor wheels or factory graphics must be installed and all items purchased from Shelby or an authorized sales outlet.

When the vehilce is completed you will be issued a dash plaque indicating a "turn I" or "turn II" vehicle and then once you have everything done they will enter the vehicle in the resistry but no CSM number will ever be issued.

The GTS is a great vehicle with a combenation of CS6 / GT350 looks, is registered and has a CSM number as it is completed at a authirized mod shop or SAI directly.

Archived