TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GO-Bunny 1st Start

cobrafan

WOW...that sounds awesome !!!

What kind of power is expected from this build ?

I bought a spare engine for my CS6 a few years ago with the thoughts of having something

like this built from the ground up.

Most have come out of Michael's shop at 460 to 480 to the ground. All of those have not had ABS breaks which allowed Michael to install a custom cold air tube that morphs the stock Paxton cold air. It doesn't fit with ABS so I would think somewhere around 400 plus or minus. Not bad for a 4.0 v6. Edited by cobrafan

:headscratch: I see where the intake is going through, but why is the air going through a few loops before it hits the engine? And if that's the intake, whats coming out of the front of the engine there? Sorry if these are no-brainers.

Most have come out of Michael's shop at 460 to 480 to the ground. All of those have not had ABS breaks which allowed Michael to install a custom cold air tube that morphs the stock Paxton cold air. It doesn't fit with ABS so I would think somewhere around 400 plus or minus. Not bad for a 4.0 v6.

That's awesome considering those are base early GT500 numbers.

What mods and cost are involved ??

I had my CS6 with the same s/c etc. as the Terilingua at 330 on the ground with nothing more than a pulley change and an agressive tune but I smoked the head unit with only a few thousand km on it ..actually....it blew up on the dyno doing some other work so I don't know how long it would have lasted in the real world.

I've been looking at heads and cams from super six but I guess they are doing crank, pistons & rods as well in this build.

The last pulls with the new head unit and re-tune were around 285 if I remember correctly.