TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carrol's Signature

Wow chill out guys, :redcard: like I said it's just a tought, and I am not saying the money is not going to charity, what I am saying is when we send our money for his sig how do we know for sure that CS signed it himself and not some person that works at SAI.

They can send us a stamped certificate that he signed it, but I'm saying without seeing him do it , we are not 100% sure that in fact that he did. :shrug:

Just posting what could be, I am not saying that is what is happening so keep the flames down guys. :finger:

JMO, peace and have a nice day. :) :happy feet:

Keith,

Should we send them to an FBI handwriting analyst for verification? :hysterical2: Just kidding. I think everyone feels that Carroll Shelby is a standup guy and that if he says that he personally signs something, he did. As we say in the south, "he's as honest as the day is long". I trust him. :D

Stuart

Wow chill out guys, :redcard: like I said it's just a tought, and I am not saying the money is not going to charity, what I am saying is when we send our money for his sig how do we know for sure that CS signed it himself and not some person that works at SAI.

They can send us a stamped certificate that he signed it, but I'm saying without seeing him do it , we are not 100% sure that in fact that he did. :shrug:

Just posting what could be, I am not saying that is what is happening so keep the flames down guys. :finger:

JMO, peace and have a nice day. :) :happy feet:

Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation (CSCF) is not a fly by night baseball card collector dealer that’s located in a shopping mall who deals in autographed memorabilia. Had you bought something from this type of a dealer I could see how you would have a valid point.

I don’t know if you have sent him anything to get signed or even researched your question before you asked it, but you have struck a nerve here by questioning the integrity of a Legend who has made it public known that everything he signs at the CSCF goes to help children & clinics around the world. Carroll started this foundation after he seen 2 kids passed away next to him in the hospital beds waiting for transplants just like him. He then made a deal with the Lord to help as many children as possible if he made it. I suggest going back and watching the interview with Carroll Shelby & Amy Boylan on the GT500KR thread so you can hear this from his own mouth if you have any doubts to his commitment.

Keith,

Should we send them to an FBI handwriting analyst for verification? :hysterical2: Just kidding. I think everyone feels that Carroll Shelby is a standup guy and that if he says that he personally signs something, he did. As we say in the south, "he's as honest as the day is long". I trust him. :D

Stuart

FBI hmmmm I like that, :hysterical: Just kidding SR I trust him to. :rockon:

Just posted an opinion ( thought ) :)

Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation (CSCF) is not a fly by night baseball card collector dealer that’s located in a shopping mall who deals in autographed memorabilia. Had you bought something from this type of a dealer I could see how you would have a valid point.

I don’t know if you have sent him anything to get signed or even researched your question before you asked it, but you have struck a nerve here by questioning the integrity of a Legend who has made it public known that everything he signs at the CSCF goes to help children & clinics around the world. Carroll started this foundation after he seen 2 kids passed away next to him in the hospital beds waiting for transplants just like him. He then made a deal with the Lord to help as many children as possible if he made it. I suggest going back and watching the interview with Carroll Shelby & Amy Boylan on the GT500KR thread so you can hear this from his own mouth if you have any doubts to his commitment.

CW, I know you've had a personal prob lately, and for that you and your family have my prayers and all the best. :angel:

Yes I am getting my offside driver sunvisior signed along with dash plaque and sills. :hyper:

And yes I watched the interveiw with Carroll and Amy. Great vid. :rockon:

I apologize if I struck a nerve and upset you, but my opinion is my opinion and whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will stay that way. Life is alot easier if we respect each others opinions.

Take care bud. :)

The only way to guarantee such a thing is to see it done. But if they are sending out certificates of authenticity and it's not true SA would have some serious troubles.I don't think they would risk their reputation for a mere signature, or the foundation for that matter, My money is on it being the oldman himself!

FBI hmmmm I like that, :hysterical: Just kidding SR I trust him to. :rockon:

Just posted an opinion ( thought ) :)

Keith,

Absolutely no problems... That's what make democracy great--various views.

But, remember I'm right and you're wrong. :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Stuart

CW, I know you've had a personal prob lately, and for that you and your family have my prayers and all the best. :angel:

Yes I am getting my offside driver sunvisior signed along with dash plaque and sills. :hyper:

And yes I watched the interveiw with Carroll and Amy. Great vid. :rockon:

I apologize if I struck a nerve and upset you, but my opinion is my opinion and whether you or anyone else likes it or not, it will stay that way. Life is alot easier if we respect each others opinions.

Take care bud. :)

Please don't take my comments personally I wasn't upset, just blown away with that question like I couldn't believe what I was reading from another Shelby fan. Your a good guy & normally ask good questions & try to help others, I don't have any issues with you then or now. I think you will be happy with your sunvisor be signed & the information, letter & certificate that they will send back to you with your item.

To me & many others Carroll Shelby is an ICON & for anyone to question the Legitimacy of his signiture to other members on a forum board that have nothing but praise for the guy just blows me away, and I'm sure it blows others away too.

Can someone who's removed the part please answer my question:

I read the schematic on removing the airbag cover so I can get it out for signature. A couple of places it mentions recharging the system. What does this mean? Anything we need to do so the airbag works god for bid we get hit?

Can someone who's removed the part please answer my question:

I read the schematic on removing the airbag cover so I can get it out for signature. A couple of places it mentions recharging the system. What does this mean? Anything we need to do so the airbag works god for bid we get hit?

I went back & read the instructions you talked about. I think the term “recharged” they are referring to applies once the (new replacement airbag) is installed, bolted in, torqued, and the wiring harness plug has been reconnected. But since yours is not a new one & your only reinstalling the same one you took out, you can treat it as if it was a replacement & reconnect the battery terminals that were disconnect before you started. Then turn the key on to see if the airbag light on the dash goes off & stays off after checking all systems on the car. If the light stays off your golden & it's safe to use, if it comes on & flashes or stays lit, see a dealer.

hopes this helps

I went back & read the instructions you talked about. I think the term “recharged” they are referring to applies once the (new replacement airbag) is installed, bolted in, torqued, and the wiring harness plug has been reconnected. But since yours is not a new one & your only reinstalling the same one you took out, you can treat it as if it was a replacement & reconnect the battery terminals that were disconnect before you started. Then turn the key on to see if the airbag light on the dash goes off & stays off after checking all systems on the car. If the light stays off your golden & it's safe to use, if it comes on & flashes or stays lit, see a dealer.

hopes this helps

I did mine after reading a few posts here on how others did it. Here is my version.

Disconnect the battery.

Remove the glove box door, the four screws at the base of the door.

Remove the two screws that hold the airbag to the dash frame. You should just in case, before disconnecting the airbag.

Disconnected the electrical connection to the airbag.

There are tabs that hold the cover into the dash, press these tabs forward around bottom, top and sides of the whole cover…

******** VERY IMPORTANT *********************************************************

Watch not to drag the steel bracket across the lower part of the opening you will gauged the vinyl.

*********************************************************************************

The airbag and dash cover will slide forward out of the dash.

There are metal tabs on the airbag that have to be bent slightly to slip the face plate off.

When the signed cover comes back simply re-mount the faceplate on the airbag. Reinstall the airbag and cover as one unit.

Please don't take my comments personally I wasn't upset, just blown away with that question like I couldn't believe what I was reading from another Shelby fan. Your a good guy & normally ask good questions & try to help others, I don't have any issues with you then or now. I think you will be happy with your sunvisor be signed & the information, letter & certificate that they will send back to you with your item.

To me & many others Carroll Shelby is an ICON & for anyone to question the Legitimacy of his signiture to other members on a forum board that have nothing but praise for the guy just blows me away, and I'm sure it blows others away too.

Thanks CW, yes I do try to help anyone, as much as I can on this forum and yes I have no issues with you either...never did and I also respect everyone's opnion.

As far as respecting Carroll Shelby, I also consider him an Icon and hope he's around for another 20+ years. I followed his career since I was a kid and when I got a chance to buy a car blessed with his name on it I jumped at the opportunity. As a matter of fact, I wish his name was in more places on the car, that's why I am spending over $1000 to purchase items from SAI (with his name on it).

So I guess we should close out this little issue. Because we are all fans of Shelby...the man and the car. :)

Trying to seal the plastic dash airbag cover sounds a little risky to me..

You can also order a Shelby Signature on the Shelby Autos websites:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/parts/ShowDetail.asp?id=106

It is a special signed metal plaque with your VIN# inscribed. He sends you metal SHELBY GT500 sill plates also all for $300.

post-6152-1177022867_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177023375_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177022867_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177023375_thumb.jpg

You can also order a Shelby Signature on the Shelby Autos websites:

http://www.shelbyautos.com/parts/ShowDetail.asp?id=106

It is a special signed metal plaque with your VIN# inscribed, so it is already sealed and protected from the elements to last. And he sends you metal SHELBY GT500 sill plates all for $300.

I called SAI and asked about if they did anything to seal the plate to protect the signature and they said NO!

They are not sealed. He said Carroll signs them with a regular sharpie.

I am looking into having mine clear coated, but you have to be very careful so the ink doesn't run when it is sprayed on. Our guy thinks he can do it by first misting on the clear coat first to cover the ink and then spray it again after it dries.

Another thing SAI suggested was instead of using the 3M tape to apply it to the dash you could use the velcro strips instead where you can remove it and just put it on for special occasions to keep it from showing wear over time.

I called SAI and asked about if they did anything to seal the plate to protect the signature and they said NO!

I am looking into having mine clear coated, but you have to be very careful so the ink doesn't run when it is sprayed on. Our guy thinks he can do it by first misting on the clear coat first to cover the ink and then spray it again after it dries.

Another thing SAI suggested was instead of using the 3M tape to apply it to the dash you could use the velcro strips instead where you can remove it and just put it on for special occasions to keep it from showing wear over time.

Thanks for the info. I like the Plaque Package. Probably a good idea to be able to remove it, but I don't know whether I want velcro there all the time?

Here is a pic of my autograph. I asked to have the last six digits of my VIN added to the autograph.

1.JerzyStang- how do you like the Nav system?

2. What about using the material they use to wrap the front end of the cars to protect the paint from chips and bugs etc.? Wouldn't that seal it from the weather?

3.Has anyone had him sign the passenger sunviser and if so, do you have a picture? It seems it would be more protected from the suns UV rays especially down here in Hurricane alley? I realize the signature would not be as visable but I also worry about the theft factor.

4.JerzyStang- what kind of radar detecter do you have and how well does it work? I don't speed much anymore but I am afraid this car is going to bring the devil out of me? :sos:

SD be very careful what base your clear is because you will end up with one big smudge, no matter how lightly you put it on. Another thing I was thinking of, if you do get a clear to go on it, there is a slight contour on the dash were the plate goes and that may crack the clear over time, as the plate may flex a bit when it is put on the dash.

Just a thought

Thanks for the info. I like the Plaque Package. Probably a good idea to be able to remove it, but I don't know whether I want velcro there all the time?

:idea: I wonder if there is a way to glue magnets behind the dash where the plate will go and magnets on the plate strong enough to hold to the ones glued behind the dash??? :stats:

SD be very careful what base your clear is because you will end up with one big smudge, no matter how lightly you put it on. Another thing I was thinking of, if you do get a clear to go on it, there is a slight contour on the dash were the plate goes and that may crack the clear over time, as the plate may flex a bit when it is put on the dash.

Just a thought

Yeah, I am a little worried about it smearing the ink.

I took a sharpie and wrote on a can lid. Plain aluminum lid. He sprayed it with the clear coat and the ink ran just a little. Sort of looked like a smear on part of it. This was right after writing on the lid without letting the ink dry for any amount of time and it was on an aluminum lid which ink would smear pretty easy just by wipping it when on aluminum.

Based on that test result he thinks it would be OK if he was to mist it on at first and then spray it on heavier after the first mist or two dries.

When the plaque ever comes and I compare that material to something better than an aluminum lid I will have him test it again on that to see what happens with the ink.

Last thing I want is to ruin a $300 plaque!

Here is a pic of my autograph. I asked to have the last six digits of my VIN added to the autograph.

Looks very custom!

How do you like your GPS? Does it have a DVD player?

:idea: I wonder if there is a way to glue magnets behind the dash where the plate will go and magnets on the plate strong enough to hold to the ones glued behind the dash??? :stats:

That's what I like about you! You're always thinking.

:idea: Mounting the plaque with Velcro, or magnets on the passenger sun visor might be a good idea? See if you brainstorm here long enough any problem can be solved.

I garage my GT500. It’s not like it is going to be in the sun all the time except for the occasional trip. I am driving this beast mostly on the weekends in the nice weather.

Therefore I might just mount the plaque on the passenger airbag dash plate where it belongs. The signature/plaque looks nice there. I imagine a little cover could be sewn from some appropriate stretchable material, to place on it that fits snug onto the corners to help protect it. I will probably go that way.

Therefore I might just mount the plaque on the passenger airbag dash plate where it belongs. The signature/plaque looks nice there. I imagine a little cover could be sewn from some appropriate stretchable material, to place on it that fits snug onto the corners to help protect it. I will probably go that way.

Don't put it on the airbag cover what ever you do. If or when that thing goes off it will fly off there like Shrapnel from a 20 Gauge shot-gun& into your passenger.

Don't put it on the airbag cover what ever you do. If or when that thing goes off it will fly off there like Shrapnel from a 20 Gauge shot-gun& into your passenger.

My bad. Actually if you look at the CS plaque it is arced on both sides so that it fits between the round air flow vents in the center of the dash. The newly released pictures of the King of the Road model shows how it is mounted. The plaque signature with VIN# looks very professional. Like it is a part of the car. Check it out:

post-6152-1177106603_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177106625_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177106773_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177106603_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177106625_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1177106773_thumb.jpg

1.JerzyStang- how do you like the Nav system?

2. What about using the material they use to wrap the front end of the cars to protect the paint from chips and bugs etc.? Wouldn't that seal it from the weather?

3.Has anyone had him sign the passenger sunviser and if so, do you have a picture? It seems it would be more protected from the suns UV rays especially down here in Hurricane alley? I realize the signature would not be as visable but I also worry about the theft factor.

4.JerzyStang- what kind of radar detecter do you have and how well does it work? I don't speed much anymore but I am afraid this car is going to bring the devil out of me? :sos:

1. I like the Nav system mostly for the touchscreen. Everything is available through different menus and options and looks pretty cool. I don't use the navigation system much, but it's there when I need it.

2. I'm also looking for the invisible bra for the front end to protect it. 3M should be producing one soon.

3. I was going to have the sun visor autographed, but opted the upper-half of the airbag panel. The dash provides shade with the extended lip. Also, I have 30% tint which will also protect the autograph.

4. The radar detector is a Cobra. It works, haven't gotten a ticket ... yet.

Archived