TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Gt500 hood

leviathon

Hi does anyone know if the gt500 hood would fit a Shelby gt bumper? I saw a track car sporting it in a Shelby magazine and was wondering how hard it would be

I wouldn't see a GT500 hood fitting well on a stock mustang (besides the 2013 model) or the Shelby GT; the front end was changed for the GT500, so if you wanted to convert the hood you may find many other elements changing too.

Still, usually anything can be done somehow.

In the early days of the S197 GT500 it was a pretty common adjustment to replace the whole front aspect of a GT with GT500 components. That means the bumper cover, grille and the hood must be replaced. Not difficult, but more expensive.

I have seen photos of projects that replaced just the hood, but it does involve more than simple bolt-on replacement. You may have to go pretty far back in some forums to find the discussions.

What would you guys recommend for a hood replacement? Its not a Shelby gt but it resembles a cobra jet

If it is similar to a Cobra Jet, then (just imagining the Cobra Jet) essentially the GT500 hood should fit, being that the top of the nose on the Cobra Jet is very similar to the GT500. I am not positive, but looking at a GT500 next to a Cobra Jet picture, the only big difference is on the bottom half of the nose, but the headlights and that half of the grill seem to be pretty close; this is me comparing a 2010 Cobra Jet picture to a 2007 - 2009 GT500 though.

Perhaps a picture would help. :camera:

• 6 months later...

Archived